Author Topic: New Unified UV Tile Control map  (Read 2976 times)

2022-04-24, 02:54:11

ronilsonandrade

• Users
    • View Profile
1 - The idea is to unify the texture scale, size, rotation and displacement controllers in the material, the default method is to change it by the uv texture tile itself, but for that it is necessary to change each bitmap separately, i.e. the AO , Diff, Brightness and etc,
(there are also people who use the UVW XForma Modifier, but in this case I would have to go to the "ID Map" and change the model) the idea is to skip this part, and go straight to the material and change there, which would shorten the process.

2 - The idea is to unify the quantity and the Advanced Maps method of the material, instead of using a Triplanar for each channel (Diff, Gloss, Bump) this method insists on unifying the controllers of these channels in a single Triplanar, that is, , a material would not need multiple triplanes, just a control triplane mapping, and this goes for

- triplane
- MultiMap
- UVW Randomize

2022-04-24, 03:05:55
Reply #1

gabrieljohansson

• Users
    • View Profile
Great suggestion, that would be a great workflow improvement!

2022-04-24, 03:33:25
Reply #2

pou5562

• Users
    • View Profile
Nice. Its really annoying to adjust the uv parameters all over again, after being already adjusted before.

2022-04-24, 11:27:19
Reply #3

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
I don't know if you're aware of this, but it's already possible to link various parameters of different maps, so they could be modified from single place, it's called controllers.

As for your suggestion, i see couple big problems with it. First of all, AFAIK 3ds Max does not allow to plug multiple outputs into single input, but even if that would be possible, how on earth your suggested uber triplanar map should figure how to distribute all those inputs to correct slots?
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2022-04-24, 18:02:22
Reply #4

Basshunter

• Active Users
    • View Profile
This would be SO helpful.

2022-04-24, 18:45:14
Reply #5

ronilsonandrade

• Users
    • View Profile
I don't know if you're aware of this, but it's already possible to link various parameters of different maps, so they could be modified from single place, it's called controllers.

As for your suggestion, i see couple big problems with it. First of all, AFAIK 3ds Max does not allow to plug multiple outputs into single input, but even if that would be possible, how on earth your suggested uber triplanar map should figure how to distribute all those inputs to correct slots?

1 - Yes, I am aware that there is a native controller in 3ds for this, but this method would make it even easier, because, in my point of view, Corona Render has this premise, "simplify" the process, and I believe that's what made several V-Ray users migrate to it, for the "ease" I myself was one that left sketchup and came to 3ds Max and Corona Render for that reason

Note: there is even a Plugin that already does this, (DropToSlate) in it, in addition to importing as many textures as you want at once to the Slate Material Editor, it also has a function that you select eg 10 bitmaps and change the UV tile at once

but our intention here is to simplify, further improve Corona Renderer

2 As for the output limit, I didn't know 3ds max had this limit, but maybe I expressed myself badly or maybe there was a translation error because I use Google Translate, (I'm Brazilian and I don't speak English).

but I've noticed that some maps like OSL Maps have some inputs and outputs, if there is a limit I didn't know, I'm not a developer or programmer, the intention is to contribute to the improvement of the engine, if I knew how to program I would already be doing it :)

3 - the idea is that advanced maps like triplane and randomize control not just one bitmap at a time, as currently, for example, triplane has 4 inputs for maps, x, y, z and blend.

the change suggestion is, add new inputs and outputs in "free" mode, and if I add a new input, the advanced map automatically generates the output, as in the picture, this "free" addition would also be similar to "Composite", or "Multi/Sub-Object", in the Composite Map you have the option of "Add a New Layer" and Multi/Sub-Object has the option of "Add" a new ID

this option of adding a new input and a new output would allow me to add an input for as many channels as I need, only in that case the triplane controller would change all maps that were added (linked) to it at the same time
« Last Edit: 2022-04-26, 01:06:05 by ronilsonandrade »

2022-04-26, 10:44:12
Reply #6

Alexandre Besson

• Active Users
  • http://www.alexandre-besson.com
    • View Profile
    • Alexandre Besson portfolio
+1

Same thing with uvw randomizer would be nice.

2022-06-03, 02:40:47
Reply #7

signei.koch

• Users
    • View Profile
Really great idea.

2022-06-03, 16:45:33
Reply #8

hurrycat

• Active Users
    • View Profile
+1

This has been suggested before, It does seem very reasonable and could end up saving us a lot of time and frustration.

If 3ds Max doesn't allow plugging multiple inputs to the same node, maybe we can use a CoronaMultimap that takes all the different maps (diffuse,refl,bump etc) of a Material and then feeds that to the corresponding Material slots, while respecting their hierarchy.

2022-06-25, 08:05:34
Reply #9

danio1011

• Active Users
    • View Profile
+1 this would make every day better…admittedly tired of setting up ‘additional parameters.’