Author Topic: Sun Target moving  (Read 2832 times)

2023-12-09, 07:07:42

Nico1988

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello Evryone,
Since I've installed the last version of 3DsMax and Chaos Corona Renderer 11 I'm facing a problem regarding scenes where I use a simple setup (Sun+Sky). Everytime I close a scene and re-open it I see that the target of the sun ramain in place but the sun is moved from the initial position. I've alredy tried to lock Sun and target position/rotation/scale but didn't find the solution. Do someone have an idea of what's happening?
I attach here some screenshot.

2023-12-09, 10:14:00
Reply #1

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Did you check if there's animation keys on the sun and its target, or maybe if their hierarchically linked to something else, other than target to the sun? Also check motion panel for any assigned controllers. Alternatively you could try to create new Corona sun and see if it acts normally. If all that fails, please strip away the scene from any unnecessary assets and attach it here, so someone could take a look at it.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2023-12-09, 10:43:41
Reply #2

Nico1988

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello Romullus,
Yes I've already checked everythig regarding animation key frame or linked object to the sun or target but I haven't found something. I've also tried to keep only the walls and the sun and this happen averytime I close and re-open the scene.
I found this solution bout i doesn't work if I render on sleave.. Mooving a bit the sun and clicking CTR+Z the sun goes to the right position. If i render locally it works but if i send the render to another machine the sun goes in wrong position.
This happen also i new scenes made from zero.
Any other suggestions? :)
Thanks in advance

2023-12-09, 10:54:48
Reply #3

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Can you attach to the message the scene with just a Corona sun in it? Assuming that the issue is still present in it.

2023-12-09, 11:15:03
Reply #4

Nico1988

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Yes sure, here attached you can find the scene with only the sun.
I've tried also to delete the sun making a new one but the problem remain
In the screenshot you will see what happen when I save/close/re-open the file.. the target remain in place but the sun is in the wrong direction.

2023-12-09, 11:39:35
Reply #5

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My Models
I get the same disjointed sun with its target when i open your scene, however it jumps back to its target as soon as move either the sun, or the target. Saving the scene and opening it again makes the issue re-appear. I also tried to create a new sun and it acts as expected. Attaching your scene with added new sun (Corona sun003), just to see how it behaves on your side.

I don't have any solutions to this issue, other than try to delete your 3ds Max ENU folder and see if that helps. Don't forget to make a copy, since nuking that folder will wipe out all your customization!

2023-12-09, 11:48:44
Reply #6

Nico1988

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thank you Romullus for you interest.
I've tried right now to merge the scene to another new file without the sun and create a new one but the problem reappear again.. Maybe I'll try to jump back to Max 23 and Corona 10 to see the result.
Thank you again

2023-12-09, 12:24:30
Reply #7

Nico1988

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Saved the file in 2023, opened with 3dsmax 23 + Corona 9 and the problem diasappear. Maybe its a bug of Max 24

2023-12-09, 12:32:28
Reply #8

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My Models
I'm working with Max 2024 and it doesn't happen to me. Anyway, glad to see that you've solved the issue.

2023-12-11, 10:02:03
Reply #9

brazzda

• Users
    • View Profile
I had the same problem after updating. Almost every scene created in corona 10 and re-opened in 11 appeared with the same problem, target being moved. One of the thing causing this problem, may be corona color correct map. In my case, scenes with a moving target had the same scene environment. Set up by connecting the corona sky map to the corona color correct map then plugged to single map. After disconnecting the corona color correct map and setting up coronaSky to a simple map, problem seems to be solved. Other solution was to disable the sun target. Still, using both of these solutions ale mildly frustrating so I'm looking forward to see more optimized solution.

2023-12-11, 10:09:45
Reply #10

Nico1988

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Exactly.. this happen on scenes made with 3dsmax 23 and CR 9/10. Onestly I didn't try to unplug color correction map to the sky but I will try. Hope someone of the Chaos Staff take in consideration this topic because it's really frustrating and acually I jumped back to Max 23 + CR 9 for avoid this Bug.

2023-12-11, 10:29:36
Reply #11

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Ok, i'm moving the topic to bug reporting board.

@brazzda, if you could attach simple scene where the bug is present that would be helpful. There is already one file attached by the OP, but having more samples can't hurt.

2023-12-11, 15:46:36
Reply #12

NazarVitkovskyi

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
(Internal ID=1265188163)

2023-12-21, 17:58:28
Reply #13

AleksandrMelnik

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello everyone!
I'm facing the same problem, 3ds max 2024 and corona 11
The problem of the sun and target

2023-12-21, 18:12:16
Reply #14

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Thanks for the report. This is already fixed in the newest daily build: https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=41598.msg219983#msg219983
If all goes well, it will be eventually released as Corona 11 Hotfix 1.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2024-01-05, 23:01:32
Reply #15

jorge9124

• Users
    • View Profile
Hello everyone, I have same problem with the sun
when we goint to have corona 11(hotfix1)?
thank you

2024-01-10, 14:07:01
Reply #16

Flavius

• Active Users
    • View Profile
A safe hotfix is URGENT imo. I have this problem in all my scenes, weirdly scenes made with Corona 10. It is impossible to render on the network because of this problem, not to mention rendering on rebus. I'm not sure is such a rare thing

2024-01-10, 14:16:26
Reply #17

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
We agree - so long as all testing goes well with the proposed build, we hope to have this out as an 11 HF on Monday (so far there is the 12 daily that has the fix).
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2024-01-11, 11:20:48
Reply #18

Flavius

• Active Users
    • View Profile
We agree - so long as all testing goes well with the proposed build, we hope to have this out as an 11 HF on Monday (so far there is the 12 daily that has the fix).
Hi there Tom!

I'll wait for the hotfix, i'm a bit afraid of daily builds.
This has been one of the most weirdest bugs ever. Imagine, setting everything right in the scene, send it to network, result is shifted shadows. I was like, what in the woooooorld. Check animation keys, multiple suns etc. Reinstall Corona, curse ADSK to oblivion (as usual:)) ).

A workaround is to uncheck target from the sun. Then it's fine, it's how I do it until Hotfix

2024-01-11, 12:20:50
Reply #19

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
We won't keep you waiting long for the HF :)
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2024-01-15, 12:31:24
Reply #20

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Corona for 3ds Max QA Team
    • View Profile
Hi,

This is fixed in v11 HF1. You can grab it here: https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=41809.0

Rowan
Please read this before reporting bugs: How to report issues to us!
Send me your scene!