Author Topic: A day at the sleepy village  (Read 5159 times)

2020-06-30, 16:13:41

Sgab

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello everyone,
this is my latest work. It’s an experimental project based on Photogrammetry using a 360 degrees camera.
My goal was to found a method to save time during a professional work.  Starting with photogrammetry I managed to obtain a solid base model and useful base color.
I hope you like it!

2020-06-30, 17:01:04
Reply #1

Erald

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Great work! It is hard to understand what's in 3d in this scene...that's how realistic it looks. Some wire frame would help...

2020-06-30, 17:26:51
Reply #2

fabio81

• Active Users
    • View Profile

yes very realistic!  a wireframe would help.
Can I ask you what instrumentation did you use? did you also go for other software like photoscan?
thanks

2020-06-30, 19:50:48
Reply #3

Sgab

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thank you guys for your feedback. Entire work has built up in 3D, as you can see by these steps to follow.. The photogrammetry was only a starting point done with Insta 360 One X and Metashape.
I'm working on a little Making of that will be posted on treddi.com

2020-06-30, 20:05:53
Reply #4

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Very nice work indeed! Could you tell the name of the village - i would like to walk a little in google street :]
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2020-06-30, 22:39:19
Reply #5

zaar

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Very cool! How do you avoid showing up in the pictures when working with a 360 camera? Running around the corner and using a remote shutter doesn’t seem very practical for a couple of hundred (?) shots.

2020-07-01, 05:53:27
Reply #6

Sgab

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Very nice work indeed! Could you tell the name of the village - i would like to walk a little in google street :]

ahaha of course! The city is Vittorio Veneto (Italy) and the street is Via Cinzio Cenedese.

2020-07-01, 06:04:51
Reply #7

Sgab

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Very cool! How do you avoid showing up in the pictures when working with a 360 camera? Running around the corner and using a remote shutter doesn’t seem very practical for a couple of hundred (?) shots.

Hi Zaar! Thank you for feedback. Unfortunately there are so much dangerous elements in the street to leave the instrumentation (people, cars...) and, as you tell, in this way you could spend a lot of time during the scan.

The metod is simple: when I import the images into my photogrammetry software (in this case Metashape), I can create some mask to delete me and other moving  element. In this way the software doesn't consider the masking part.

2020-07-01, 08:27:00
Reply #8

zaar

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Ok, I haven’t tried metashape or any of the more advanced photogrammetry apps, so good to know! Sounds like it still some work but faster than running away from the cam ;)

2020-07-01, 11:03:56
Reply #9

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
ahaha of course! The city is Vittorio Veneto (Italy) and the street is Via Cinzio Cenedese.

Nice. Thank you! Looks like beautiful town.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2020-07-01, 18:59:17
Reply #10

drjenkin

• Users
    • View Profile
Beautiful work. Mind if I feature it on my photogrammetry blog?
Love useful applications for photo-scanning and this is definitely one.