Author Topic: Render stops when session is locked  (Read 4915 times)

2017-05-06, 09:48:58

Naxos

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello,
Twice i got this problem :
I start an animation render, then i leave the Pc using "Windows+L" session lock shortcut...
when i come back, the current frame took hours to complete instead of 2-3 minutes...

I could imagine in a locked session, Corona stops render (i've always done this with maxwell / vray etc... never stopped anything...)
BUT, it did not act like if the render were stopped during the lock then resumed back... it just seams to render far too long...
For ex : 1 hour ago i log into my session, and the first frame (started yesterday at 6pm) was ok in 3mn, the second also, but the 3rd was started a 4am this night, and seams to have redered for more than 4 hours... of course this frame is rendered in 3mn also when i restart it without locking the session...

I tried both local and backburner with same issues...

I could let my PC logged in, but i do prefer to lock the session to prevent any chance for someone to use it...

Any idea ?

2017-05-08, 21:33:18
Reply #1

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
we will investigate this, thanks for the report
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2017-05-12, 09:22:46
Reply #2

Naxos

• Active Users
    • View Profile
it can be reproduced : i just got screwed again ;-( It did not render last night...

2017-05-16, 11:24:47
Reply #3

martinsik

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
We can't reproduce the problems, could you give us more details about your system?
What version of Corona, 3Ds Max and Windows do you use?

2017-05-16, 12:26:18
Reply #4

Naxos

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Ok, i'm under windows10, up to date,
corona used is 1.5.2 hotfix
3dsmax is 2016

I'm not ready to migrate to corona 1.6 and max2017/2018 yet, for long-term customer compatibility issues...

Regards

2017-05-26, 09:42:38
Reply #5

lanceharth

• Users
    • View Profile
Hi Guys,

I've also encountered the same problem.
Yesterday I've left my animation here to render till morning, and when I've login today I saw that it still struggling with the same frame I left it here...
Usually I leave my computer on and locked for weekends, and this was the first time it happened.

My system parameters are pretty the same as Naxos'
Windows 10 - Up to Date
3ds Max 2016
Corona 1.5.2 Hotfix

P.S.: the only thing that changed in my render set up, that for the first time I've set Denoising ON... maybe that's a clue.

Do you have any ideas what's the problem here?

2017-05-27, 10:29:34
Reply #6

Naxos

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Maybe the last windows10 update ("creators") changed something in the lock screen background apps that prevent them to go on working ?

It is very clear : i start an animation rendering... first few frames are about 2mn to render, then i lock (Ctrl+L), wait for 2-3 hours, and when i log back into my session, the current frame is just finishing and took.... about hours to complete, then next ones are back to 2mn...

2017-05-29, 12:49:41
Reply #7

martinsik

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
So far we have not been able to reproduce this issue.
Isn't is possible that your system goes to sleep mode after you lock it?

2017-05-29, 13:59:40
Reply #8

Naxos

• Active Users
    • View Profile
strange thing is that i was used to do that all the time, with Vray and Corona, even with maxwell back in that time...

i also can start a large bacth action within photoshop, lock the session, then when i log back it is done...