Author Topic: Slow DR Parsing etc  (Read 1431 times)

2023-12-15, 13:24:12
Reply #15

pokoy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
This seems to be the right place so I'll add my issue which sounds very similar.
In my case I'm rendering through backburner on a 128GB node. During preprocessing RAM consumption shoots up to 125GB (this is already with some elements disabled to fit it in RAM), only to decrease to 52GB - 55GB within minutes once the render process begins.

I can't render the same scene on a 64GB node because of the RAM spike, even though it looks like Corona actually needs way less than that.
I'd happily trade less RAM consumption for longer preprocessing/parsing times if it means I don't have to split a render into 2-4 jobs only to get my elements/masks.

This is with Corona 9hf1 (I know I'm waaay behind) but this issue has been there for quite some time already.

2023-12-21, 14:12:28
Reply #16

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Just a reminder: the request for scenes with this issue is still valid. If you have already submitted something, please share your ticket number. Thanks in advance!
Here is our contact form where you can attach your files: https://support.chaos.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2024-04-18, 15:25:18
Reply #17

dj_buckley

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Finally had to chance to upload a scene Ticket #234970.  A couple of things worth noting

It's already been part optimized so not as heavy as normal but it does still exhibit everything discussed in this thread to the point of failure on one of nodes despite it rendering fine locally etc etc

It's not as optimized as it could be, I'm well aware it could be optimized further but that's besides the point.  RAM usage and subsequent failure on the nodes due to commit ram size when rendering via DR is the main point.

If you have any questions about the scene.  Why it's setup a certain way etc etc just email me.  No screenshots here please as it's confidential.

Oh and apologies for the size of the upload it's roughly 10GB worth of assets but that's typical of day to day scenes and the stuff I work on.