Author Topic: chaos group guys are giving a fight! (vray 3.2 sp2)  (Read 8339 times)

2015-06-10, 16:14:52
Reply #1

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Yeah, competition almost always is beneficial.
Glad for vray users. As exMR user i can just envy them. Seems like Nvidia and Autodesk gives a sh** instead of fight :[
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2015-06-10, 16:58:06
Reply #2

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
They added ui tooltips. ;)
Very nice music.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2015-06-10, 22:59:45
Reply #3

rendertime

Guys lets not poke fun at the top dogs  ... as far as im concerned these boys were and are the first  .. . Corona lets get get DR working without hiccups .. then lets talk  ..  you have a serious bit of kit that is fantastic on one machine ... i own 200 and cant get it working across the board  .. needs to be addressed and very soon as Ive paid for my nodes that don't pick up  .. ?   

Natty
Vray forum mod  ..

2015-06-10, 23:05:21
Reply #4

cecofuli

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • www.francescolegrenzi.com

2015-06-11, 01:57:39
Reply #5

arqrenderz

• Active Users
  • https://www.behance.net/Arqrenderz1
    • View Profile
    • arqrenderz
Hi rendertime, i put this post to show the hard work done by chaos group, i was a vray user for about 6 years, i know about corona limitations but for the ease of use and the quality im geting for , im not looking back. Corona is a very small company and we really hope to see the same speed development after they finish to setup the new company
:)

2015-06-11, 03:22:27
Reply #6

totinguis

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Time Machine
I think nobody is making fun of the top dogs, but it is good to see how these top dogs are kind of worried about a "newcomer" like Corona with all those new features which are making a huge effort to compete with the newbie.
I've been using vray for quite a long time now and there is no doubt they are (just for now) the kings of the hill and of course vray is a very good render engine but; I work for a small company and we used to use vray till the first commercial release of Corona, I made a big push to implement Corona at the office and I finally got it. It is so easy to use, quality is amazing and it is insanely fast, so it made a HUUGE impact in our everyday production workflow with a great quality/time ratio improvement and I think this is a field in which Chaos Group will loose a lot of ground. I think arch viz artists and studios sooner or later will move to corona.
In the end a Little competition won't hurt anyone, will it?.
As far as I'm concerned, unless Corona looses its way there is no way I will go back to vray, but that's just me and I'm nobody, so the top dogs shouldn't have anything to worry about. :-)

PS: At least for us DR works flawlessly. Maybe you should watch a tutorial? :-)

2015-06-11, 10:46:43
Reply #7

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
Guys lets not poke fun at the top dogs  ... as far as im concerned these boys were and are the first  .. . Corona lets get get DR working without hiccups .. then lets talk  ..  you have a serious bit of kit that is fantastic on one machine ... i own 200 and cant get it working across the board  .. needs to be addressed and very soon as Ive paid for my nodes that don't pick up  .. ?   

Natty
Vray forum mod  ..

Yes, we are aware you have DR problems, but please keep your anger confined to the related thread. It's a lot better chance we will notice your arguments there, than scattered all over the forum ;)

We are aware of the problems and looking for the solution.

2015-06-11, 12:25:15
Reply #8

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
I do not comprehend the philosophy behind LightCache settings.

Retrace threshold was already bordersome annoying. Sure, it would solve leaks and add 20-30perc. render time overhead if no glossy refractions were on scene, but if there were, suddenly the render time would multiply and sky-rocket.
Giving you a choice when to use it, because for that exact reason, it can't be left on default.

Now there is another parameter to basically do just that as well, but perhaps to do only that without affecting refractions and glossies. And again have check-box.
Fucking secondary GI algorithm with unnecessary settings.

Surely all of the above could have been integrated to work automatically. I mean if the algorithm is shit first place, then have it do necessary tweaks always, what is the point of letting the users try removing precision until it collapses to artifacts to give
him slight speed advantage ? I hope they at least did the defaults on it as bomb-proof as claimed.

All the other things are nice. Little features, nothing I care about.

Hope Corona takes full integration of 2016's physical camera.
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2015-06-20, 11:23:01
Reply #9

blank...

• Active Users
    • View Profile
As exMR user i can just envy them. Seems like Nvidia and Autodesk gives a sh** instead of fight :[

Yeah... remember when Master Zap switched to Autodesk, and then absolutely nothing happened!
Whatever happened with MILA in Max?

2015-06-20, 15:05:40
Reply #10

daniel.reutersward

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hope Corona takes full integration of 2016's physical camera.

That would be really nice! As far as I know some features work? But I havenĀ“t explored it in depth.