Author Topic: How to create a wall projection...  (Read 7144 times)

2023-04-20, 15:41:22
Reply #15

luis.lab

• Active Users
    • View Profile
It still seems impossible to have a projector from corona renderer without using Standard Max lights (Which not always work).
Any chance we see the option to du a real projector (like in a cinema). Or making directionality 1,0 really parallel.

Thanks.

Hi,

Max standard lights do work with Corona, if by not "working" you mean the updates in IR, this is unfortunately expected. You need to restart the IR to see the changes.
The best way for a projector effect with Corona currently is - Standard/photometric lights, CoronaShadows selected, Projector map used, Volume light effect added for the light.
The projector feature is already requested.

Hi Aram!
Is this working with C4d as well? I mean what is current the best way for a projector effect with Corona? By Standard/photometric lights you mean Corona Light with directionality 100%?!

Thank you in advance

2023-04-21, 09:18:59
Reply #16

Beanzvision

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Bengamin
    • View Profile
    • Cormats
Hi, I'm from the C4D team :) I use standard C4D lights for this as it produces pin-sharp results, fast to render and also works with the Corona Volume material. A Corona light set to 100% directionality is literally the opposite ;(

Bengamin Jerrems l
Portfolio l Click me!

2023-04-21, 16:55:27
Reply #17

luis.lab

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi, I'm from the C4D team :) I use standard C4D lights for this as it produces pin-sharp results, fast to render and also works with the Corona Volume material. A Corona light set to 100% directionality is literally the opposite ;(

Hello Bengamin, thank you very much for your reply.
Some years ago, we discuss the same topic in an old forum thread in 2019.
Back then, the best way was using C4d lights with a C4d material (and the texture in the transparency slot), this is still how I do it but have the setback of we dont see it in IR and is really difficult to match the mapping / dimension in the material tag of the image with the camera projection cone...
For the example, you shared is still the same way? Or there are some tricks to resolve the previous "issues" mentioned.
Thank you very much for your support
best
Luis