Author Topic: color edge shader?  (Read 944 times)

2023-11-15, 19:33:30

Stefan-L

• Active Users
    • View Profile
are there some infos or examples on how to use?

thx!
Stefan

2023-11-15, 19:51:34
Reply #1

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Yes :]

I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2023-11-15, 20:34:19
Reply #2

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
And that is a C4D image too as it happens :) Not saying it's the most efficient way to set this up as I just made it up as I went along, but here's the material used in that render.

(ended up with lots of Edge shaders in there, to control various effects independently)
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2023-11-16, 10:37:03
Reply #3

Stefan-L

• Active Users
    • View Profile
ok i think i expected it wrong. it works for me on open edges, but not on edges within an object, like a grease or corner f a cube etc.
would it be possible to add support for an option to also edges not on open ends?

(i hoped it would solve the AO Iissue (with reacting to fine displacement)

2023-11-16, 14:27:22
Reply #4

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
The AO or the Round Edges already does the same thing for closed geometry (but does nothing on open geometry, which is where the new Edge shader comes in). Thanks!
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2023-11-16, 19:03:38
Reply #5

Stefan-L

• Active Users
    • View Profile
well both have the issue (many times reported by me and others here) that they react on displacement in the material which is a real deal breaker for many effects.

so i hoped an edge based shader would do similar but ignore the displacement within a surface. (maybe optional  like to use any edges starting with a certain phong angle)

p.s maybe this can be considered for future updates, if easy to add. it would make corona even more powerful and solve the old  AO and curvature+displacement  issue i think. best of course of Corona could find a way to fix these problems directly, so it works like v-ray dirt.
« Last Edit: 2023-11-19, 18:05:31 by Stefan-L »