Author Topic: Multishader multipass masks?  (Read 257 times)

2024-04-16, 17:00:43

TeoRossi93

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hey guys, is it possible to have a black/white mask for different colors in multishader material?
Like, I need a mask for the diamonds attached here, and a separate one for the emeralds.
Matteo Rossi 3D - https://www.teorossi.it/

2024-04-17, 16:08:32
Reply #1

Beanzvision

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Bengamin
    • View Profile
    • Cormats
Hi, would create 2 materials and give them each a material ID from the Advanced settings in the material. Scatter 2 objects and assign each a different mat. In the multipass settings, make 2 masks and enable Material ID and give them the same number as the materials. Render and you will have a different alpha for each. Here's an example.

Bengamin Jerrems l
Portfolio l Click me!

2024-04-18, 10:55:44
Reply #2

TeoRossi93

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi, would create 2 materials and give them each a material ID from the Advanced settings in the material. Scatter 2 objects and assign each a different mat. In the multipass settings, make 2 masks and enable Material ID and give them the same number as the materials. Render and you will have a different alpha for each. Here's an example.

Hi Bengamin,

thanks for the answer but unlickily this is not gonna work with my current animation setup.
I'm attaching my scene here so you could have a look at it. I can't change the rig at the moment, the only chance I have is to make the multishader masks work properly.

2024-04-19, 15:19:07
Reply #3

Beanzvision

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Bengamin
    • View Profile
    • Cormats
Hi there, this should work. Here's another sample scene. I have my objects in the cloner, each object has a comp tag with it's own object ID, a material using the mutli-shader (set to object ID) and then two masks in the multipass settings. Each mask also has Object ID enabled. If this works for you, maybe this can be applied to your scene as well?
Bengamin Jerrems l
Portfolio l Click me!

2024-04-22, 11:25:07
Reply #4

Stefan-L

• Active Users
    • View Profile
a multi material woudl be really great. similar tot he multi shader, or layered material. where one can add materials and use them similar as the multishader (assignment by different random or cpntroled menthods)

2024-04-23, 10:02:52
Reply #5

TeoRossi93

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi there, this should work. Here's another sample scene. I have my objects in the cloner, each object has a comp tag with it's own object ID, a material using the mutli-shader (set to object ID) and then two masks in the multipass settings. Each mask also has Object ID enabled. If this works for you, maybe this can be applied to your scene as well?
Hey Bengamin, unluckily I can't do like this. I must keep the animation setup as I did since in my scene there's a lot of stuff going on and I should keep the rig as you saw in my file...
What Stefan suggests would be great tbh