Author Topic: Ivy Sofa Animation  (Read 400 times)

2024-03-07, 14:15:11

viz.art

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
  • Jerzy Galus
    • View Profile
    • VIZ.ART
Howdy!

I'd like to show my latest animation of a leaf growth simulation and a few other effects.
It was basically done during my free time to test some new stuff and play a bit with plugins and Corona settings.

I hope you like the overall effect! 🙂

Software used: 3ds Max, Corona, iToo Forest, tyFlow, Quixel, DaVinci Resolve Studio

More images and info at my Behance Profile

« Last Edit: 2024-03-12, 13:05:35 by viz.art »
Best wishes, Jerzy Galus
BEHANCE PROFILE | VIZ.ART WEBSITE

2024-03-07, 14:26:40
Reply #1

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
I like your style. The images looks super realistic, yet very artistic. The only thing i didn't like, is the ivy growth animation, feels very artificial and out of place/style.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2024-03-07, 14:34:29
Reply #2

hurrycat

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Terrific images!! May I ask if you're adding effects like photo abberation or anything else in post? I really like how the leaves don't seem to have sharp cutouts, which is the biggest reason in my opinion why images with vegetation appear fake.

2024-03-07, 16:37:43
Reply #3

viz.art

• Active Users
  • Jerzy Galus
    • View Profile
    • VIZ.ART
I like your style. The images looks super realistic, yet very artistic. The only thing i didn't like, is the ivy growth animation, feels very artificial and out of place/style.

Thanks! Yeah, I realize that the sequence for the growing leaves is too short. I would definitely improve that.

Terrific images!! May I ask if you're adding effects like photo abberation or anything else in post? I really like how the leaves don't seem to have sharp cutouts, which is the biggest reason in my opinion why images with vegetation appear fake.

Thank you! As far as I remember, there are no such effects in the post, except for a little Color Balance inside DaVinci.
Best wishes, Jerzy Galus

2024-03-07, 16:53:56
Reply #4

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
It's not the length of animation that's bothering me, it's that it looks very unrealistic, which stands in stark contrast compared to the rest of the animation.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2024-03-07, 16:56:27
Reply #5

viz.art

• Active Users
  • Jerzy Galus
    • View Profile
    • VIZ.ART
It's not the length of animation that's bothering me, it's that it looks very unrealistic, which stands in stark contrast compared to the rest of the animation.

Oh, okay. Thank you for clarifying that.
Best wishes, Jerzy Galus