Author Topic: Diffrence in Corona VFB and ACES OT output when saving image!  (Read 463 times)

2023-10-22, 22:28:41

Althiln

• Users
    • View Profile
I got this problem than i have diffrent contrast/gamma output in VFB and SAVE button or Batch Render. Its like it dont apply ACES OT filter. How do i fix gamma input. Everything is on default settings right now(in this picture)

2023-10-22, 22:30:32
Reply #1

Althiln

• Users
    • View Profile
Its normal correct gamma in CoronaVFB, but diffrent when i save render.

2023-10-24, 10:05:39
Reply #2

NazarVitkovskyi

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello @Althiln

is there any contrast/gamma difference in other renderers, Skyline for example?
Also, would be great if you share this scene for further checking: https://upload.chaos.com/d/qa_corona@corona-renderer.com

2023-10-24, 11:29:21
Reply #3

pokoy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I got this problem than i have diffrent contrast/gamma output in VFB and SAVE button or Batch Render. Its like it dont apply ACES OT filter. How do i fix gamma input. Everything is on default settings right now(in this picture)
You can not use the Windows 10 (or later) image viewer to compare colors. It won't respect color profiles and add some automatic contrast and saturation.
There's been a lot of discussion on this here on the forum, use the search function for more info.
Basically to get the same colors you have to:
- open your LDR image in PS
- assign the color profile Windows OS uses for your display
- convert profile to whatever you want it to be (sRGB or whatever you want to work in)
- make sure the profile you're using is embedded into the image file when saving
- view in an app that supports embedded profiles and doesn't add its own contrast/saturation punch

The Win image viewer will do things on its own, do not use it to judge colors.