Author Topic: How to render only objects within masks  (Read 792 times)

2022-09-21, 17:07:21

John.McWaters

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • JohnMcWaters.com
I know there is the 'render only masks' check box under the Scene tab, but is there a way to render only the objects and areas contained in a specific mask as they would be appear in the Beauty image?

2022-09-21, 17:58:19
Reply #1

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Other than manually selecting them and using Render Selected, and manually drawing Regions, no, sorry.
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2022-09-22, 16:42:38
Reply #2

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
I know there is the 'render only masks' check box under the Scene tab, but is there a way to render only the objects and areas contained in a specific mask as they would be appear in the Beauty image?

I am not sure if I understand the question. Could you share an example of what you would like to do?
What you are describing sounds like something that could be achieved with the "Render Selected (Pixel Mask)" option in the Scene tab.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2022-09-22, 17:32:50
Reply #3

John.McWaters

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • JohnMcWaters.com
I would like to render a scene without a person, then render the scene with the person so I can add it to the image and give it motion blur. If I could just render the person object, I could save time. The plan was to do this is PS. This is an alternative plan I came up with.

2022-09-23, 14:09:31
Reply #4

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
"Render Selected (Pixel Mask)" option should allow you to do that. Select your 3D human, enable that option, and render. This will render the beauty pass, but only with the selected object.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us