Author Topic: Decal object receive ffd modfiers  (Read 1490 times)

2022-09-18, 06:12:59

I3ordo

• Active Users
    • View Profile
 Hi!
I am enjoying the new decals feature however i see that the decal box's shape quite restrictive, it has to be a perfect square or rectangle; no ffdx2,no taper, no skew...

Here in this example, i wish i could add a ffd  modifier to it so that it matched the road's  angles

I was using a crosswalk texture for a gate area and the road and cross walked can not aligned properly due to road's shape not a proper one. Some can say "why not fix that awful road instead?" but that s not my point.

If decals could be compatible with atleast FFDx2 modifier, that d be very neat and a lot practical, dontcha think?

2022-09-19, 16:23:57
Reply #1

I3ordo

• Active Users
    • View Profile
wonder why this was ignored....

2022-09-19, 16:33:28
Reply #2

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
It was only posted yesterday :O Which was a Sunday, not a work day. And a lot is going on with the release of Corona 9. So long as you have posted it here it will get seen, but it may take days or weeks for there to be a chance to post a reply.
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2022-09-19, 17:23:03
Reply #3

pokoy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Agree with the request - for me, decals would prove much more useful if support for other mapping/projection modes would be added.
My idea would be that UV coords could be defined in a UV modifier or Unwrap mod on the mapped object and the Decal would get a 'use existing mapping channel' option along with a map channel ID (similar to how the legacy Displacement modifier works where you can optionally use an already existing mapping channel).
Let's see if it's doable.

2022-09-23, 13:11:34
Reply #4

I3ordo

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Agree with the request - for me, decals would prove much more useful if support for other mapping/projection modes would be added.
My idea would be that UV coords could be defined in a UV modifier or Unwrap mod on the mapped object and the Decal would get a 'use existing mapping channel' option along with a map channel ID (similar to how the legacy Displacement modifier works where you can optionally use an already existing mapping channel).
Let's see if it's doable.

Those are nice suggestions, but as an initial upgrade, i am just content with a very simple FFFx2 modifier, i believe it it would be the simplest improvement if possible at all...