Author Topic: PROBLEM Region render on 2990wx 3970x 3990x CORONA 7.1  (Read 2090 times)

2021-09-21, 17:29:00

Serj Fedin

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Сorona 7 has big problem with render regions!
Corona 6.2 - doesn't have this problem
« Last Edit: 2021-09-21, 18:10:04 by Serj Fedin »
MAT is a young creative team of professionals
Behance:     MAT Architects
Instagram:   MAT Architects

2021-09-21, 17:34:32
Reply #1

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Thanks for reporting, but I am not sure where exactly we should look. Is there some performance issue? Can you try rendering the same scene with the same region in Corona 6 and 7 and see if there is some difference?

In your current screenshots it looks like you are comparing two different scenes, so I am not sure how to understand this.

Also, are you using some kind of render limit? If so, what limit is it? (pass, time, or noise limit?)

Lastly, it looks like you uploaded the same image twice (unless I can't spot the difference).
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2021-09-21, 17:44:31
Reply #2

kolatsky

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks for reporting, but I am not sure where exactly we should look. Is there some performance issue? Can you try rendering the same scene with the same region in Corona 6 and 7 and see if there is some difference?

In your current screenshots it looks like you are comparing two different scenes, so I am not sure how to understand this.

Also, are you using some kind of render limit? If so, what limit is it? (pass, time, or noise limit?)

Lastly, it looks like you uploaded the same image twice (unless I can't spot the difference).

I have same problem. When render region in Corona Render 7. Processor note used for 100%. Used is 35-65% in different scenes diferent result.

2021-09-21, 17:51:46
Reply #3

Serj Fedin

• Active Users
    • View Profile

MAT is a young creative team of professionals
Behance:     MAT Architects
Instagram:   MAT Architects

2021-09-21, 17:52:51
Reply #4

kolatsky

• Active Users
    • View Profile
This is a screen of how work new Corona Render 7. And old Corona Render 6 render this region is stable 95-100%

2021-11-04, 03:04:31
Reply #5

twoheads

• Active Users
    • View Profile
It seems I'm facing the same problem here, cpu usage goes down when using region render. It occurs both during final rendering and interactive, I just tested few scenes + one with sphere, plane and one light. CPU usage drops down various ways, sometimes by 10% sometimes by 90+, however regular rendering without regions runs smoothly.

Have you taken closer look to it?

my specs:
3970x
3dsmax 2016
corona 7 hotfix1

2021-11-09, 16:27:22
Reply #6

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Corona for 3ds Max QA Team
    • View Profile
Hi Guys,

Would someone be able to submit a scene to us? I will be happy to investiagte further.

I have a sneaking suspision that this could be to do with the introduction of bucket rendering. Could you try using the following string option when rendering and seeing if it helps?

You can put the following into the string options rollout (you'll need to enable the devel settings for this Render Setup -> System -> System Settings -> Enable devel/debug mode)
Code: [Select]
int progressive.boxScramblingPassLimit = 100
The number should be higher than your pass limit, as this is the amount of passes where Corona will start to use buckets.

Let me know how you get on.

Cheers,

Rowan
Please read this before reporting bugs: How to report issues to us!
Send me your scene!