Author Topic: proxies - material management  (Read 4434 times)

2015-04-24, 10:36:53

bs

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • bildstaerke | raumstaerke
hi there,

whats the proper workflow for use with proxies and the materials?
i was hoping corona proxies inherit the materials an maps used :/

so what is the suggested solution - saving the material lib from the object the proxie is made of with the proxie itself?

i have already searche dthe forum and also in the net but i could not find any comprehensive how to relating to this ...

would be cool if someone could share some workflows and ideas

thanks,
greetings bsfranza
win 10 | asus z10pe-d8 ws | dual xeon e5-2786w v4 | 128gb kingston 2400 ecc | 2080ti | samsung ssd 940 evo | asus pa329
c4d r20+r21 | sketchup | vectorworks
working alone, with my girlfriend, in cooperation and with freelancers for our own projects and for externals

2015-04-24, 11:07:10
Reply #1

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
The only thing I can think of is to sample the material from original object and assign to proxy. But this is impossible if you are loading a proxy into a new scene. So we would like to export proxy+material. If this is possible, I think it could be a nice feature request. Go ahead and add it. :)
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2015-04-24, 15:31:16
Reply #2

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
Usually a proxy is reused for different projects and they have something in common so it makes sense to collect them in a max scene. For example trees/cars: Make ONE scene "car_corona_proxies.max" where you store all your car proxies(!) with the proper material assigned. For a new scene/project just merge the proxies you need from there instead of using the "Load from file..." button of a newly created Corona proxy.

This has several advantages in material handling also: You can have a "red"-car-proxy "green"-car-proxy "blue"-car-proxy in your "car_corona_proxies.max" file sharing the other materials except the basic car paint. Same goes for trees/foliage etc.

I´d only wish there was some way to get all those mrProxies we have converted without messing around with the original data :-/

Good Luck!

Never underestimate the power of a well placed level one spell.