Author Topic: camera modifier: plz add override checkbox for EV  (Read 4599 times)

2015-04-07, 16:09:48

3DsChobo

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I was really pleased with the changes to the camera mod in 1.0 but a small detail is
still nagging me and I think it wouldn't be too hard to fix this:

When using the camera modifier it automatically freezes the EV to the values set in the modifier thus making it
impossible to change it interactively.

But sometimes the sole purpose of using the camera modifier is for example to make a spherical cam.

Then there is no way to easily set the appropriate EV because you cant change it on the fly with the cam mod
but you cant render spherical without it. ;)

So please add another checkbox or move the EV setting to the other tone mapping controls within the camera mod I would be
forever grateful.

2015-05-28, 19:41:17
Reply #1

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Yeah, it would be neat if CamMod wouldn't grey out EV control in VFB. Latter could be renamed to EV compensation and act additively - it wouldn't replace CamMod EV but add to it.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2015-05-29, 14:24:15
Reply #2

arqrenderz

• Active Users
  • https://www.behance.net/Arqrenderz1
    • View Profile
    • arqrenderz

2015-05-29, 14:37:49
Reply #3

pokoy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
My suggestion is:

- if a CameraMod is present and you start a render through that camera, the VFB Exposure Controls read and display the settings from the modifier
- all controls within the VFB Exposure Controls stay active (just like without any CameraMod)
- all changes in VFB Exposure Controls will be fed back to the modifier

If technically possible, this would be the most straight forward solution imo.

2015-05-29, 14:44:51
Reply #4

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Pokoy, wouldn't your solution cause something like this?

create camera mod, find your perfect exposure settings > go to perspective view, change exposure settings in vfb > go back to camera view > bang! your perfect camera mod settings are replaced with the new settings fed from vfb!
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2015-05-29, 15:09:50
Reply #5

pokoy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Pokoy, wouldn't your solution cause something like this?

create camera mod, find your perfect exposure settings > go to perspective view, change exposure settings in vfb > go back to camera view > bang! your perfect camera mod settings are replaced with the new settings fed from vfb!

No, VFB would always read the CamMod settings from current render camera.

To avoid any problems we could also have a button for 'copy' and 'paste' CamMod settings in the VFB window. If pressed, a window would pop up and you'd choose a camera which you then could read from/paste to.

I'm not sure if this is perfectly fool proof way to do it but I imagine this to be way clearer than what we have now. It would follow a simple and easy to understand rule, and not limit you in certain situations.

2015-05-29, 18:09:05
Reply #6

bishbashross

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Oh!CG
Seems like a great solution to me. +1

2015-07-06, 00:27:11
Reply #7

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
implemented
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)