Author Topic: Chaos Corona 10 for 3ds Max - Daily Builds Discussion  (Read 39296 times)

2023-03-06, 00:09:59
Reply #90

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Glad other people mention this, I have it happen in every scene of every project with any kind of random material. Pretty much makes any IR work completely impossible to work with :- ). Happens 100perc. within first run of IR.
Will try to isolate and package scene but next two days are impossible for that.
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2023-03-06, 04:24:53
Reply #91

shortcirkuit

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Devs

latest daily - when changing material parameters - the IR doesnt change it unless i resize the window or restart IR.

2023-03-06, 09:39:11
Reply #92

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Corona for 3ds Max QA Team
    • View Profile
Hi,

With the latest DB I almost constantly get "Render had to be aborted because a bitmap on disk changed and is being reloaded. Continuing the render could cause crash or undefined behavior..." during IR.
Bitmap has not changed. It happens when I link bitmap to material or assigning material or just pick material from scene. Different scenes, different materials, different bitmaps.
Glad other people mention this, I have it happen in every scene of every project with any kind of random material. Pretty much makes any IR work completely impossible to work with :- ). Happens 100perc. within first run of IR.
Will try to isolate and package scene but next two days are impossible for that.
Hi Devs

latest daily - when changing material parameters - the IR doesnt change it unless i resize the window or restart IR.
Hey guys,

Some scenes with reproduction steps would be super helpful here. Please use the link in my signature to send them over.

Cheers!

(Internal ID=1070545683)
« Last Edit: 2023-03-06, 13:06:24 by rowmanns »
Please read this before reporting bugs: How to report issues to us!
Send me your scene!

2023-03-10, 02:26:17
Reply #93

shortcirkuit

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Devs

I saw a video on youtube where the CURVE editor within the VFB could be undocked and expanded - has this feature been removed from dailies?

2023-03-10, 10:10:55
Reply #94

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Hi Devs

I saw a video on youtube where the CURVE editor within the VFB could be undocked and expanded - has this feature been removed from dailies?

Yes, but the hope is it will be added back sometime in the future: https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=39517.0
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2023-03-10, 10:38:34
Reply #95

shortcirkuit

• Active Users
    • View Profile
great - hoping its in the next release - the curve editor in that little window is next to useless to use.
Hi Devs

Yes, but the hope is it will be added back sometime in the future: https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=39517.0

2023-03-10, 11:48:50
Reply #96

v.p.vlasenko

• Active Users
    • View Profile
About "render has to be aborted..."
Clean scene - create some object, start interactive, create material, apply to object, load  bitmap, connect bitmap to some slot of material and you'll get an error. The are other scenarios as well. Not sure but seems like problem only wit max bitmap.

2023-03-12, 19:28:06
Reply #97

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
About "render has to be aborted..."
Clean scene - create some object, start interactive, create material, apply to object, load  bitmap, connect bitmap to some slot of material and you'll get an error. The are other scenarios as well. Not sure but seems like problem only wit max bitmap.
Hi,

Thanks! We have managed to reproduce this one. We'll do our best to fix it asap. A workaround for the time being is to use the Corona bitmap :)

Cheers,

Rowan
Send me your scene!

2023-03-14, 12:02:25
Reply #98

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

Issues with 3ds max bitmap causing IR to stop have been fixed in the latest daily. Please check it out and let me know if you still have issues!

Rowan
Send me your scene!

2023-03-14, 16:23:38
Reply #99

leo_surrealismo

• Active Users
    • View Profile
hi rowmanns, it is still happening.

2023-03-14, 17:08:36
Reply #100

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile

2023-03-15, 23:46:12
Reply #101

Abdullah_Alallah

• Active Users
    • View Profile
hey guys, i am truly in love with the latest builds and its truly nice, but the latest version of daily build truly ruined any file that I work with...for some reason the viewport gradually goes really slooooooow till it gets to the point of non workable, the WHOLE UI freezes and idk which part is it. i tried clean models-old models-new models- AutoCAD models in 3dsmax and I would get the same results.

2023-03-16, 00:02:32
Reply #102

Vlad_the_rant

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Vladimir
    • View Profile
Have you checked with something like PruneScene to make sure there are no retrackers running amok as well as no viruses? The retracker bug and the viruses usually reside in older scene files and once they get into your system (or current Max session), that scene will end up, eventually, screwed up (i.e. slowing down, bugging out, etc.)

2023-03-16, 10:28:53
Reply #103

Abdullah_Alallah

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Have you checked with something like PruneScene to make sure there are no retrackers running amok as well as no viruses? The retracker bug and the viruses usually reside in older scene files and once they get into your system (or current Max session), that scene will end up, eventually, screwed up (i.e. slowing down, bugging out, etc.)
hey there, yes I tried that and nothing popped up. and what made me certain is that I reverted back to the 3rd of march daily build and it fixed the super slow viewport issue. i think it had something to do in the latest build with the "Unified Nitrous implementation of drawing CoronaLight in the viewport across 3dsMax versions, which now results in more consistent viewport performance across all 3ds max versions." maybe? or something else that I simply don't understand. but all I know is that reverting fixed it which leads me to believe that the latest daily messed it up.

2023-03-16, 11:52:05
Reply #104

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
hey there, yes I tried that and nothing popped up. and what made me certain is that I reverted back to the 3rd of march daily build and it fixed the super slow viewport issue. i think it had something to do in the latest build with the "Unified Nitrous implementation of drawing CoronaLight in the viewport across 3dsMax versions, which now results in more consistent viewport performance across all 3ds max versions." maybe? or something else that I simply don't understand. but all I know is that reverting fixed it which leads me to believe that the latest daily messed it up.
Hi,

Which versions of 3ds max and Windows are you using? Also, if possible can you send over your scene? I will be happy to look into this.

Cheers!
Send me your scene!