Author Topic: 3dsmax Substance plugin & Corona 5  (Read 6555 times)

2020-04-10, 11:46:53
Reply #15

NicolasC

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
  • CG supervisor / teacher / artist
    • View Profile
Ok, I did the Complete installation.
On a side note, I think Substance should go further with Batch Import ... I mean, we have to use Batch Import, which creates Substance nodes with the proper materials, and then we have to select each material, for finally click on the Substance To Corona function in Substance menu. It's not even able to work on multiple Substance maps in one go :( Or am I missing something ? this should be much more straight forward IMO: Batch Import to Corona, and Substance nodes are created along with Corona materials, and voilĂ  :P
Nicolas Caplat
CG supervisor / teacher / artist

2020-04-10, 11:51:23
Reply #16

cjwidd

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Artstation
I'm not sure I understand^

You can batch import multiple .sbsar into the Slate Material Editor, marquee select the materials you want to convert, then run the Substance to Corona converter and it will generate Corona materials for all of the selected substance files.

2020-04-10, 12:01:42
Reply #17

NicolasC

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Well, some weirdness happening here ... I restarted 3dsmax, and now Substance to Corona works again with multiple materials indeed, I prefer that.
However, I still think Batch Import could do both: loading .sbsar files in Substance nodes in the material, AND generate Corona material, all that in one go. Yeah, I'm a bit lazy for these things :D Maybe I should post that on the Substance plugin.
« Last Edit: 2020-04-10, 12:05:24 by NicolasC »
Nicolas Caplat

2020-04-10, 12:13:01
Reply #18

cjwidd

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Artstation
The Substance in 3ds Max plug-in has a lot of room to improve,
so hopefully we will see more advanced features added. For now I'm just happy it's working at all - the plug-in was beset with critical issues for over a year.

2020-04-10, 13:25:02
Reply #19

NicolasC

• Active Users
    • View Profile
The Substance in 3ds Max plug-in has a lot of room to improve,
[...] For now I'm just happy it's working at all
Yes, I agree on those points ;)
Nicolas Caplat