Author Topic: Corona Properties for matting (like Vray properties  (Read 4142 times)

2017-06-28, 17:19:08

davemahi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • iamstatic
Having now been using Corona on a few animation jobs (We are in love with Corona) we are having a hard time with one thing when needing to add a pass or object into shots, without wanting to re-render the whole scene.

In Vray there are "Vray Object properties" that let's you quickly matte out objects, but still have them cast GI and stuff into the scenes. I can't find a good workflow for this in Corona. I would like to just select my scene objects, right click and go to Corona Properties and then set them to be matte objects. This may not be desired in the way Corona works, so sorry if this has come up. Anyone know a workflow for this?

thanks,

Dave.

2017-08-03, 20:25:42
Reply #1

leandrodl

• Users
    • View Profile
and the render mask like "render viewport selection" don't work for that?

2017-08-03, 20:45:09
Reply #2

davemahi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • iamstatic
Interesting, I never thought of it. I do like all the options Vray let's you control though when doing this. I would have to check the alpha edges and make sure it would be ok for compositing.

2017-08-05, 00:47:06
Reply #3

iancamarillo

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I like the options to matte in CoronaLightMtl for materials and the masks in elements for objects work great too. Actually, I like how corona consolidates the UI and reduces the amount of windows in general.

2017-08-11, 17:58:17
Reply #4

davemahi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • iamstatic
and the render mask like "render viewport selection" don't work for that?

You know what. The options in the Render Select work great actually haha.