Author Topic: Multiple License Owners in 1 network  (Read 6938 times)

2015-02-26, 18:44:37
Reply #15

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
4) Even when using CoronaActivation.txt, you can delete the file after initial activation - the login will then be stored in breakable, but encrypted form (same as #3), and automatic extensions of the license will work

That's something I didn't know. Good that this information got added to the helpdesk article. Already fixes most of the problems. So the only place where unencrypted information is stored is the lic server. It's my personal opinion but I find it a good habit to store data like that encrypted, I also don't know any other license server application which does it any way else (which doesn't mean there aren't any).
My suggestion would be to just add a way to add credentials via the licserver and 2 textboxes, info gets stored encrypted, no manual .txt file generation necessary.
Combined with a way to manage multiple user accounts and information about used lics it's all fine
Any sufficiently advanced bug is indistinguishable from a feature.

2015-02-26, 18:44:57
Reply #16

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
The communication with server cannot be intercepted in this mode either.

Why is it impossible to just activate Corona on a machine, deleting the file, and THEN letting your interns sit in front of that computer? What better solution would you propose? You need to input the password at some point somewhere. Pre-hashing or generating activation tokens would not help - then these tokens could be stolen instead of the password. I just dont see the problem here, there are plenty of ways to avoid it

Yes, one can steal the token, but best they can do is to use the token to activate licence on their computer. 99% of people then can not extract the password and mail out of it, and use it to login into customer area.