Author Topic: Daily builds version 2  (Read 132582 times)

2018-02-09, 12:55:43
Reply #210

mike288

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Michal 'Mike' Wirth
    • View Profile
That's odd, here's how Corona toolbar is looking on my PC. 3ds max 2016 sp3
Please, can you take a look to C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2016\UI_ln\Icons and IconsDark folders whether you have installed toolbar resource files there? Namely: CoronaToolbar_16a.bmp, CoronaToolbar_16i.bmp, CoronaToolbar_24a.bmp, and CoronaToolbar_24i.bmp files. Do they contain proper orange icons (or their alpha channels) as in the attachment?

Do you use the toolbar from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXTPlodahrA, by any chance? There could be conflict in some names.
« Last Edit: 2018-02-09, 13:03:03 by mike288 »
Chaos Scatter developer | In case of crash, please send minidump | Private uploader: https://corona-renderer.com/upload

2018-02-09, 14:00:32
Reply #211

mike288

• Active Users
  • Michal 'Mike' Wirth
    • View Profile
if the icon toolbar looks okay in another higher dpi monitor, then i think just let it be as it is. i'm fine with it, or ill use my own.
My monitor is 17" with low DPI 1366 x 768 px (i know it's not cgi maker standard, but this is all i have)
system text size is 100%.
I will take a look into it. It has not been tested it on such low resolution so far. Thanks.
I am not able to reproduce it. Do you use some special non-standard Max or Windows/Aero settings? Some custom UI scheme perhaps?
Chaos Scatter developer | In case of crash, please send minidump | Private uploader: https://corona-renderer.com/upload

2018-02-09, 14:18:34
Reply #212

Christa Noel

• Active Users
  • God bless us everyone
    • View Profile
    • dionch.studio
Hi Mike, i'm sure i never change any windows UI default setting.
Or, just tell me which settings i need to check to make sure if there is some things set in wrong way.

2018-02-09, 14:37:24
Reply #213

scionik

• Active Users
    • View Profile
That's odd, here's how Corona toolbar is looking on my PC. 3ds max 2016 sp3
Please, can you take a look to C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2016\UI_ln\Icons and IconsDark folders whether you have installed toolbar resource files there? Namely: CoronaToolbar_16a.bmp, CoronaToolbar_16i.bmp, CoronaToolbar_24a.bmp, and CoronaToolbar_24i.bmp files. Do they contain proper orange icons (or their alpha channels) as in the attachment?

Do you use the toolbar from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXTPlodahrA, by any chance? There could be conflict in some names.

and please... no red color!

may be blue?

2018-02-09, 14:38:18
Reply #214

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models

I've checked and both folders contains your mentioned bitmaps with correct icons.

I don't use that toolbar, but i did "borrow" some its elements for my own toolbar, including icons. That icons set has exactly the same name, but are located in C:\Users\*username\AppData\Local\Autodesk\3dsMax\2016 - 64bit\ENU\usericons However it doesn't explain why your toolbar took one icon from debris maker script :]
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2018-02-09, 14:42:19
Reply #215

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My Models
I don't think that Corona Toolbar icons are bad, but i like the last 3 icons (grey with yellow accents) from example in this post more: https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=17973.msg120461#msg120461

2018-02-09, 15:35:03
Reply #216

Dionysios.TS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Evolvia Imaging
I don't think that Corona Toolbar icons are bad, but i like the last 3 icons (grey with yellow accents) from example in this post more: https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=17973.msg120461#msg120461

That's the point I think, the orange ones are bad for my point of view and old stylish while the other ones are great but as far as I know, the yellow / green ones, which are from the toolbar I use right now, are not icons of the official one.

Thanks,

Dionysios -

2018-02-09, 15:37:17
Reply #217

Dionysios.TS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Evolvia Imaging

That's the point I think, the orange ones are bad for my point of view and old stylish while the other ones are great but as far as I know, the yellow / green ones, which are from the toolbar I use right now, are not icons of the official one.

Thanks,

Dionysios -

I am talking about the orange ones attached here...

2018-02-09, 16:03:34
Reply #218

martinsik

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
thank4s for the reply and the information..
Which of these versions should I install?
(the foam support is scheduled in the upcoming version of the daily or is not scheduled at all in the version 2 ? )
It should not matter whether you install PhoenixFD for Vray 3.0 and 4.0, both version should work with Corona.
As for the Foam, we are not yet sure if we will be able to support it in 2.0. Unfortunately, it will require a lot of work for both Corona and PhoenixFD developers.

2018-02-09, 17:13:24
Reply #219

mike288

• Active Users
  • Michal 'Mike' Wirth
    • View Profile
If your Corona Toolbar has more than 10 buttons, there is probably a conflict - the new toolbar from latest daily build has mixed into your/3rd party toolbar having the same name. Icons could be wrong etc. We will try to solve the issue.

2018-02-09, 17:19:24
Reply #220

VASLAVO

• Active Users
    • View Profile
corona 1.7.3 its the same as yesterday build? also notice some delay on material editor around 3 builds till today.

2018-02-09, 17:23:56
Reply #221

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
No, Corona 1.7.3 is 1.7.2 with the Corona Camera changes. The daily build is Corona 2, so it has had the camera changes for a while (people asked for them to be back-ported to 1.7), plus all the other new stuff like Bokeh, toolbar, and everything else from the Corona Renderer 2 changelog :)
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2018-02-09, 17:26:13
Reply #222

VASLAVO

• Active Users
    • View Profile
thanks, will do some tests

2018-02-09, 19:26:49
Reply #223

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My Models
@mike288, i renamed my icon set bitmap and now everything works just fine. However, now i can understand why others don't like the icons :] For me it's mostly due to colour intensity, it draws too much attention. Also it would be nice if the toolbar could be customizable, i don't need all the buttons it provides and would like to remove some.

2018-02-10, 16:34:25
Reply #224

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
@mike288, i renamed my icon set bitmap and now everything works just fine. However, now i can understand why others don't like the icons :] For me it's mostly due to colour intensity, it draws too much attention. Also it would be nice if the toolbar could be customizable, i don't need all the buttons it provides and would like to remove some.
It is customizable, using the same 3dsmax interface as all other toolbars. Or is that not working for you? There is bug in max 2018 that prevents toolbars to be customized, solution is to use more stable 3dsmax version
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)