Author Topic: PC cases talk  (Read 15406 times)

2020-01-08, 15:57:55
Reply #15

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
You know what, that's pretty funky case :- ). Not aesthetics I would like on first sight, but it gives off that old IBM server cases which is kind of cool.

BUT, fantastic cooling, esp. the fact it has two rear exhaust fans positioned behind that tray. That's genial thing.
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2020-01-08, 16:18:42
Reply #16

Michael Arch-Viz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Look how fantastic is a back of this case

from time 5:05

About design, in my opinion, looks like cyberpunk style )))

2020-01-08, 17:41:44
Reply #17

twoheads

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Juraj,

Continuing cases here.

Fractal Design Meshify S2 price point is ok'ish so to speak. Is it comparable case to Be Quiet Dark Base Pro 900 in terms of ventilation or is it clearly inferior? Besides this one limits Mobo choice to Gigabyte TRX40 AORUS MASTER. As far as I can tell  ASUS ROG STRIX TRX40‑E GAMING is ATX right?

2020-01-08, 17:51:46
Reply #18

Michael Arch-Viz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Juraj,

Continuing cases here.

Fractal Design Meshify S2 price point is ok'ish so to speak. Is it comparable case to Be Quiet Dark Base Pro 900 in terms of ventilation or is it clearly inferior? Besides this one limits Mobo choice to Gigabyte TRX40 AORUS MASTER. As far as I can tell  ASUS ROG STRIX TRX40‑E GAMING is ATX right?

yep E Gaming is ATX, the main reason why I did not buy this board is that small fans ACTIVE VRM HEATSINK

2020-01-08, 17:52:04
Reply #19

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Meshify is one of the best airflow cases on market, if not the best. Dark Base Pro 900 is one of the worst, but that doesn't mean it's terrible.

Aorus Master is E-ATX (30.5cm tall, 27cm wide), Asus Strix is smaller ATX (30.5cm tall, 24.5cm wide).

Almost every case fits both. E-ATX is just slightly wider format, it's not big by any means.
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models

2020-01-08, 18:00:54
Reply #20

twoheads

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Meshify is one of the best airflow cases on market, if not the best. Dark Base Pro 900 is one of the worst, but that doesn't mean it's terrible.

Aorus Master is E-ATX (30.5cm tall, 27cm wide), Asus Strix is smaller ATX (30.5cm tall, 24.5cm wide).

Almost every case fits both. E-ATX is just slightly wider format, it's not big by any means.

Dark base is one of the worst you say? Or should you say "not great, not terrible"? ;)

I will seriously consider meshify.

2020-01-08, 18:03:35
Reply #21

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Compared only in air-flow. DarkBase is very restrictive, with recirculating air-channel issues (the front fans will draw hot air from top of the case because it's easier than pushing against static pressure of the mesh filters on side.

2020-01-08, 18:20:23
Reply #22

Michael Arch-Viz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
my dog likes a new case :D  probably he thinks that this is his new dog house

2020-01-08, 18:28:50
Reply #23

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Bit too small for him :- ).

My Husky loves to sleep next to render farm, which is very funny for an arctic dog. It's probably the humming noise.

2020-01-09, 01:25:58
Reply #24

danio1011

• Active Users
    • View Profile
My Define S2 got delayed (lost?!?) but UPS shipping.  I'm also concerned it's just not going to fit the XL-ATX form factor of the TRX40 Aorus eXtreme.  The Fractal XL R2 just looks like an outdated design I'm just not that excited about.  I don't need those drive bays at all.  The Lian Li O11 Rog looks great but doesn't fit the 3970x's best air cooling option (Noctua.)

I'm starting to look at 'cube' designs with dual comopartments but those things are beasts.  I will be almost entirely NVME, if anything an SSD and no watercooling so all these full towers\cubes are a bit overkill.  But I'd be up for any good suggestions at this point...

Edit:  The be quiet Dark Base Pro 900 rev. 2 is XL ATX compatible.  It sounds like maybe Rev 2 is slightly better for airflow?  I’m starting to think this is my best option thus far...

Edit 2:  Juraj, do you think your Thermaltake View 71 would fit an XL-ATX board?  Unlike the BeQuiet it does not explicitly list XL-ATX but I note it has 8 pci slots so my guess would be yes.  Any sense of how it would compare to the BeQuiet Pro 900 R2?  The BeQuiet actually seems like a pretty nice case, if a little overly-modular.  The View 71 seems like it might collect dust inside due to all the gaps?
« Last Edit: 2020-01-09, 08:46:12 by danio1011 »

2020-01-09, 15:39:03
Reply #25

lupaz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Meshify is one of the best airflow cases on market

Just curious and not that I doubt about you. How do you know these things? Personal experience or reading somewhere?

2020-01-09, 15:54:05
Reply #26

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
There are benchmarks done in all the case reviews on internet :- ). Steve/GamerNexus does case testing a lot.

But in case of Fractal Meshify...it's already in the name of the case "Mesh". It doesn't have closed front like Define Series.
Here is comparative video between Meshify and Define-C:
Mind you, I still build my 3950X + SingleGPU into Define-C because I like silence and the cleaner accoustics.

TL:DR from the video in 1 sentence: 6 Degrees 'C. (Or you open the front panel in Define to get the same).

2020-01-09, 17:39:14
Reply #27

steyin

• Active Users
  • BALLS
    • View Profile
    • Instagram Page
I've only used Cooler Master cases for the last 10 years, don't find others much better for the price point. Also don't care for anything fancy like lights or glass side panel, just give me a sturdy case with good airflow and such.
Eventually will have to look at what's available when the new Threadripper is out for my future build.

2020-01-09, 17:41:53
Reply #28

danio1011

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I ended up rush ordering the Be Quiet! Pro 900 R2 this morning.  Should be here tomorrow.  I could see reducing some of their noise dampening material to increase airflow, we'll see.

2020-02-11, 12:53:41
Reply #29

Radim Razzak

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi there.

Which case (as much compact as possible) would you recommend for a 33cm wide E-ATX motherboard? No need for optical drives. I've had several Deepcool cases, which are very compact yet allow installing these wide E-ATX motherboards, but unfortunately, they don't have any dust filters and also, I'd like to fit in three 3.5" hard drives (the Deepcool cases I've had can take only two HDDs). I like very much the Fractal Design Meshify case, but the specs say that only 28 cm (or less) wide motherboards are supported.

Thanks