Author Topic: IR reastarts after any action with viewport if Ivy object is in scene  (Read 1610 times)

2018-08-06, 10:49:26

Bormax

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi
Had some problem with IR refreshing in some scenes and found now that the problem connected with Ivy objects created with Guruware's Turbo Ivy plugin. If this object is visible in viewport IR restarts with any action such as panning, zooming, etc.  with viewports which are not supposed to be rendered. It's doesn't matter is this object renderable or not. But if Ivy object is hidden and still renderable using Render hidden geometry, IR works normally. You can check example scene attached here.
Also problem can be solved by converting Ivy objects to poly, but it's not always useful

2018-08-06, 11:23:55
Reply #1

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
Yes, can confirm. I mentioned it also in this thread:

https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=20224.msg129812#msg129812

You don't need to actually convert the object btw., it's seems to be enough to put a editpoly/mesh on top of the stack.

I did not report it because it's obviously a problem of the plugin. And even if there could be something done about it from Corona's side - it will be lowest priority I presume.

Good Luck

Never underestimate the power of a well placed level one spell.

2018-08-06, 16:59:21
Reply #2

Bormax

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks Frood! I will follow your idea about EditPoly modifier to keep Ivy alive :)

2020-01-18, 11:38:52
Reply #3

3dboomerang

• Active Users
  • Head of 3D
    • View Profile
    • 3DFLOW