Author Topic: Hyunday HB20 - Wip for Animation  (Read 11798 times)

2014-03-07, 19:22:34
Reply #15

bdazo

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Bruno Andrade - Arch Viz
Very nice test Marcelo, the shaders look like they hold up well on screen. Love the headlights.

2014-04-02, 06:46:51
Reply #16

tanguybod

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Nice work over there. I still think the car paint shader attempt is a bit weak. I know there is no car paint shad ready yet though, but still, downsize a bit the overall effect. Why not going for a plain color car shader instead, just to lift up your top notch work on the optics ? woths it I think.

2014-04-02, 20:17:28
Reply #17

kumodot

• Active Users
  • Corona ADDICTED and Evangelist
    • View Profile
    • Kumodot
Nice work over there. I still think the car paint shader attempt is a bit weak. I know there is no car paint shad ready yet though, but still, downsize a bit the overall effect. Why not going for a plain color car shader instead, just to lift up your top notch work on the optics ? woths it I think.

Surely that´s not a fancy shader, but this car looks like this in real life. It´s not perolized or fancy at the real world, it looks like plastic. lol. Cheap paint. There´s more problems with black shaders and even with metal shaders than the car paint to my eyes.
    But, it´s not finished, i will keep improving it to do an animation test. As soon it gets closer to the images of a real one, i will animate it. Now, i am testing the shaders side-by-side with real images of the same car , at Outdoor location, now i am detecting a LOT of problems with my (Black Plastic shaders, Tires, and aluminium/metals), tweaked them a little bit for outdoor,  but i didn´t touched on the CarPaint shader yet...
    Here´s a wip of this :

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/12986234/render/hb_20_Wip_Outdoor1.jpg
    My sky looks brighter and i am not using any HDR, so it affects the body light/behavior a lot... An i am using a different Lens on my camera (different from reference)

As i longer as i can see from here, there´s a lot of little tweaks to do on all shaders, but the car paint didn´t look that bad at all. (to my eyes). But i will make little tweaks on it for sure. The problems with Aluminium (Wheels) are so more agreessive to my eyes on this outdoor than the Body shader. Look how "lit" is the wheels under the car ! Maybe i will make another material for the inner shader to simulate (Dirty and darker shader)
     The tires needs textures and a huge shader improvement, but the basic difusion level (the harder to me) is archieved. The black plastics are too lit, and too grey, i like the glass already, but the lack of model details inside is not good to the overall look.
     Keep trowing suggestions, i apreciate it. :) Now i need to fight that Black plastic shaders, they are irritating me. ;(

« Last Edit: 2014-04-02, 20:46:23 by kumodot »
Your Portuguese is worse than my english.
--------------------------------------------
3DGeneralist/Vfx Supervisor

2014-04-03, 00:50:50
Reply #18

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Can't wait for your animation - should look awesome!
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2014-04-03, 04:26:03
Reply #19

tanguybod

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Ah that is the right attitude !

2014-05-04, 00:13:18
Reply #20

hemrie

• Active Users
    • View Profile