11 (1.9%)
Exporter Blender -> Corona standalone
112 (19.2%)
Maya
67 (11.5%)
Houdini
78 (13.4%)

Total Members Voted: 578

Author Topic: Which 3D soft to integrate into next?  (Read 305067 times)

2012-11-04, 15:14:32

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
The title says it all ;) In which 3D software besides 3dsmax would you like to have Corona next?

Disclaimer: this is only for my info, I am not actually starting integration into anything else any time soon

If I forgot some 3D package, write it here and I'll add it
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2012-11-04, 15:22:41
Reply #1

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
BTW: if you know some expert C++/graphics programmer, I am willing to provide them with reasonably easy-to-use Corona API in C++ to do the connection in exchange for possible future profits if it starts selling.
« Last Edit: 2012-11-04, 15:26:03 by Keymaster »
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2012-11-04, 17:58:10
Reply #2

loocas

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Considering the current state of Corona and who it's aimed at, I'd say modo makes most sense.

Competing with Arnold or PRMan on the Maya/Softimage battlefield will be extremely tough and without proper particle/volumetric rendering it'd be pointless, imho.

2012-11-04, 19:22:32
Reply #3

lacilaci

• Active Users
    • View Profile
That's not true. Well competing with arnold or prman is of course pointless when it comes to volumetrics or particle and hair rendering but how many cannot compete with them even having those features yet still they are present for maya/si?

And when it comes to what corona is capable of and what it already excels at (may it be visualisation and mainly closed spaces with complex lighting scenarios) then PRman and Arnold are no competition.

PRman and 3Delight is very inefective to use in visualisation and I did try it(3delight). For arnold... well arnold is a bad joke once you expect it to lit up an interior with just an HDRi dome light even using area lights in windows will force you to get your settings sky high to get some decent noise level. It's useless for this purpose at its current state.

The only competitor would be vray and that's the same as with 3dsmax.

and maya/xsi is much more popular than modo.

no hard feelings, just my 2cents.

2012-11-05, 23:37:06
Reply #4

yolao

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Please do a Maya version, it seems to be the most widely used app in studios around the glob.

2012-11-06, 00:32:47
Reply #5

wilsimar

• Users
    • View Profile
yes, maya version please. Modo render is crazily fast, modo render for maya (moma) is fast too, but very limited for now. Arnold in maya not has support for multi uv channels, opacity map in shaders is strangely slow. Renderman no good for visualizations and complex setup; the mentalray integration in maya is a bad joke.

2012-11-06, 17:32:29
Reply #6

ledman

in my opinion you would intergate corona with archicad :"P

2012-11-06, 18:33:50
Reply #7

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile

D:
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2012-11-07, 13:32:44
Reply #8

igni

• Active Users
    • View Profile
It does not make sense. If the CR released in standalone version, then it does not matter which editor you will use. To make simple connector\exporter is much easier than integrate CR in each 3D-editor in the world. :-)
In my opinion CR should be integrated in most popular 3D-editors (3dsmax, Maya, Softimage). And for others have a connectors\exporters for standalone CR.
« Last Edit: 2012-11-07, 13:41:29 by igni »

2012-11-07, 14:15:53
Reply #9

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
From what I understand standalone renderers suck, and nobody is using them anyway

2012-11-07, 15:07:01
Reply #10

igni

• Active Users
    • View Profile
From what I understand standalone renderers suck, and nobody is using them anyway
I'm using MR standalone in 3dsMax and Maya. Indigo in Sketchup. Octane (in beta-testing year ago) with scenes made by different editors. (I'm crazy program and beta-testing maniac :-D )
And i have a lot of fellows 3D-modellers and CG artist who prefer standalone rendering.
Standalone - is best choice for artist for whom not important which editors they operate. Or for studios in which work in many editors.

IMO - standalone is way to professionalism. Not suck.)))
« Last Edit: 2012-11-07, 15:12:57 by igni »

2012-11-08, 09:17:10
Reply #11

ledman

exporter/connector would be great too :'P

2012-11-08, 11:22:05
Reply #12

Paul Jones

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I much prefer having things built into max. Never understood why you have to export scene, then create shaders in a standalone, seems like doubling up the potential problems to me. OK there are a few benefits in standalone renderers, but drawbacks also.

I'm loving the direction c* has taken, think it's a very astute move workflow and business wise. I've tried indigo, maxwell, fry etc but the standalone app for shaders, lighting etc bit drives me nuts

2012-12-17, 21:13:29
Reply #13

lacilaci

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Let's say that in some distant future :D you have worked out maya API and already have some unstable corona plugins .dll built for Maya... Now, I'm not familiar with Visual Studio (which I think you use on windows, not sure..) I've only used it like once or twice :D... Is there a way for whatever IDE you use to cross compile (using lets say MingW) for linux? Or would the linux .so(.dll) files in have to be compiled in linux? In that case, are you familiar with codeblocks etc and maybe GNUCC? Is it possible to expect a different platform build in general?

2012-12-17, 21:39:03
Reply #14

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
It is, but it would take some time (I would have to wrap the winapi calls, find their linux equivalents, get rid of MSVC-specific extensions from the code, etc.), so I won't be doing it until it is really needed ;)

2012-12-17, 21:54:04
Reply #15

lacilaci

• Active Users
    • View Profile

2013-01-14, 22:51:20
Reply #16

tigre85

• Users
    • View Profile
I have not used cinema 4D for a long time ago , but it does not seem a bad choice because it is widely used in visualization. although I'm in animation industry.

2013-02-12, 16:33:06
Reply #17

killik

• Users
    • View Profile

2013-02-23, 14:11:48
Reply #18

abatcat

Fabric engine stage might be something worth checking out for you :)
It looks like a really excellent scene assembly and lighting tool currently under development.

http://fabricengine.com/creation-modules/stage/

You might find it interesting considering it is meant to work with both maya and softimage as well as other apps. 

2013-02-23, 17:57:15
Reply #19

Animator89

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Fabric engine stage might be something worth checking out for you :)
It looks like a really excellent scene assembly and lighting tool currently under development.

http://fabricengine.com/creation-modules/stage/

You might find it interesting considering it is meant to work with both maya and softimage as well as other apps.
But as I understood it is standalone...

2013-02-25, 01:32:52
Reply #20

Han

• Active Users
  • CG generalist
    • View Profile
In my opinion, the best option is Cinema 4D.
It's widely used not only for motion design, but for architectural scenes as well. While oldfags use 3DS, C4D is developing and the number of C4D users is increasing rapidly. Furthermore a wide range of collections and models is available for C4D. Among them there are some giant manufacturers like Evermotion. Some of these collections are available only for C4D and 3DS.
In case you integrate into C4D you'll have almost zero competion, since Vray has not been developing for 1.5 year. I'm sceptical about Octane renderer perspectives as well, cause it is so-o-o slow! Mental Ray is buit in, though I've seen nothing more than a terrible beta. And according to my experience it is also slow, not realistic and very uncomfortable.

Other 3D programms are either unpopular, either underdeloped or free.

I would like to know if I can somehow provide you with finantial help. Maybe you should start a donation program? I'm sure that there are many C4D users willing to help you to raise some funds and start working on intergration onti C4D.

Sorry for my bad English .
« Last Edit: 2013-02-25, 11:38:23 by Han »

2013-02-25, 06:00:38
Reply #21

pareylook

Please do a Cinema 4d version

2013-02-25, 10:15:32
Reply #22

amid

• Users
    • View Profile

2013-02-25, 10:20:33
Reply #23

wlf_alex

• Active Users
    • View Profile
NEED FOR CINEMA4D !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2013-02-25, 10:50:05
Reply #24

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
what a nice raid. Better start learning C4D API right now ;)

2013-02-25, 11:11:11
Reply #25

wlf_alex

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I agree completely. What is your account for donations? :-)

2013-02-25, 11:18:51
Reply #26

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
I want to know how to help you financially - Cinema 4D users from Russia would like to help you in the development of integration as possible.
How much money that would be necessary to begin to develop?

My estimate is that I would need about half a year of single developer's time to get things running. There are some deals being made regarding the financial support, so I think that would not be necessary. But what would help a lot would be if someone could get some reference implementation of a renderer in C4D (source codes). There is one for 3dsmax in the API help, it is very rudimentary, but still it helped a lot. Is there any such thing for C4D?

2013-02-25, 11:56:20
Reply #27

Han

• Active Users
  • CG generalist
    • View Profile
I'll try to gather as much information as possible .

2013-02-25, 12:11:59
Reply #28

NikitaGontarev

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Cinema4D great product, is gaining popularity for its simplicity and logic. This will render a real push in its further use. I'll buy this integration. Working with interiors and architecture.

2013-02-25, 13:14:36
Reply #29

wlf_alex

• Active Users
    • View Profile

2013-02-25, 13:37:35
Reply #30

wiRUzA

Great Renderer ! I hope you will do an integration for cinema4d..

2013-02-25, 15:07:54
Reply #31

Alexx

• Users
  • Motion designer, composer, music arranger, artist.
    • View Profile
    • my portfolio:
I hope you decide to stat making this great render for C4D. IMHO it is most powerful software after Maya and Houdini but all render engines for it are either too slow, or just bad, or unfinished. Thus Corona could be the best for C4D. At least it could be extremely serious competitor with such render speed and render quality.
All readers of this text are fictional.

2013-02-25, 15:52:14
Reply #32

Visual Pie Workroom

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • www.visual-pie.com
I hope you decide to stat making this great render for C4D. IMHO it is most powerful software after Maya and Houdini but all render engines for it are either too slow, or just bad, or unfinished. Thus Corona could be the best for C4D. At least it could be extremely serious competitor with such render speed and render quality.
+100000
....we needed C4D integration!))

2013-02-26, 19:37:50
Reply #33

tungee

• Active Users
    • View Profile
A Blender Integration would be awesome!
New Coronoid

2013-02-27, 09:13:37
Reply #34

helge75

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Only MAX,only hard-cor.

2013-02-27, 10:46:33
Reply #35

lacilaci

• Active Users
    • View Profile

2013-02-27, 11:18:02
Reply #36

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
whaat? So many C4D users??
Somebody posted this poll to some big C4D group on russian facebook ;)

2013-02-27, 14:56:55
Reply #37

morozzzzz

• Users
    • View Profile
because we want this render for cinema 4d))))) plzzzzzzzzzzz

2013-02-27, 16:06:21
Reply #38

wlf_alex

• Active Users
    • View Profile

...as well as to pay for this renderer!

2013-02-27, 17:18:46
Reply #39

NicolasC

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
  • CG supervisor / teacher / artist
    • View Profile

Before using a real renderer, start using a real 3d package !
Don't start a flame war, I'm just kidding, it was soooo tempting - C4D was actually the 1st 3d software I used, about 14 years ago ;)
Nicolas Caplat
CG supervisor / teacher / artist

2013-02-27, 20:22:13
Reply #40

lacilaci

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Don't start a flame war, I'm just kidding, it was soooo tempting - C4D was actually the 1st 3d software I used, about 14 years ago ;)

LOL me too... But I'm glad I've switched :D

2013-02-28, 05:32:34
Reply #41

morozzzzz

• Users
    • View Profile

LOL me too... But I'm glad I've switched :D

Why then conducted this poll?

2013-02-28, 09:47:12
Reply #42

NicolasC

• Active Users
  • CG supervisor / teacher / artist
    • View Profile
Why then conducted this poll?

Certainly because Corona will be available as standalone renderer, and Keymaster wants to know what "bridge" for which 3d package should be developped as priority ... just guessing though ;)
Nicolas Caplat
CG supervisor / teacher / artist

2013-03-04, 14:43:39
Reply #43

kilbeeu

If you decide to integrate into blender you would immediately get a huge fanbase ;)

2013-03-04, 15:05:58
Reply #44

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
If you decide to integrate into blender you would immediately get a huge fanbase ;)

It would require someone with knowledge of Blender plugin programming. That would make it much easier :) Unfortunately, so far we do not have resources to hire someone.

2013-03-04, 16:15:48
Reply #45

kilbeeu

It would require someone with knowledge of Blender plugin programming. That would make it much easier :) Unfortunately, so far we do not have resources to hire someone.
I bet it would. But honestly i think it would be much easier than any of the other poll options anyway. And i imagine for people who develop such promising piece of software it wouldn't be that much of an obstacle.
Of course i understand that this is an early development stage and there is still much work to be done, but if you are looking around for more options, you definately should consider blender.
Anyway, here is the proper wiki section http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Doc:2.6/Manual/Extensions/Python
I know you probably seen this, but it doesn't hurt anyone if i put this here ;)

Btw, is there some sort of a scene format that might be used (like vray's .vrscene) for exporting to a standalone scene for rendering?

And btw2, just as an example (i hope it is ok if i link this) there was a personal project of vray integration with blender http://vray.cgdo.ru/
As you can see it looks really nice (i checked it in very early stage and i can say it worked as expected).

And btw3;) there is a feature for the next release (2.67, with current being 2.66) version called pynodes, that should help with external rendering engines integration.

2013-03-04, 16:48:47
Reply #46

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
I am actually not sure, every time Corona pops up in some blender community it immediately gets huge backlash because it is proprietary ;)

2013-03-04, 18:55:46
Reply #47

kilbeeu

I am actually not sure, every time Corona pops up in some blender community it immediately gets huge backlash because it is proprietary ;)
I can imagine that;) I would even expect voices that say blender don't need another renderer, it's always the same story. Even new rendering engine - cycles - was described like that. And the more time passes, the more people agree it was needed and gives blender a boost.

And the fact behind this is always that people look for other renderers, like octane, vray or free solutions. Problem with them is always one of the two: either long render times or quality not good enough (or the price of course;).

Well, anyway i hope developers would consider blender at some point, or at least leave users a kitchen door with some kind of api that would allow creating exporters for this renderer. If corona can join decent render times with quality, it would be just a matter of time if someone would try to stand up to the task.

2013-03-04, 20:51:53
Reply #48

veledima

• Users
    • View Profile
I really want to see the Corona on Blender, because I work in it, no time to play at 3d max. A corona really want to use.
Sorry for bad English

2013-03-04, 20:57:15
Reply #49

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
I don't have time or nerves to do implementation in another software. But as soon as I get some money for development (there are some negotiations in progress), blender will be considered

2013-03-10, 06:20:39
Reply #50

promity

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Please - do Corona Plugin for Lightwave 3d!

2013-03-15, 02:52:28
Reply #51

valwizard

• Active Users
  • "We get up in the morning. We do our best. Nothing
    • View Profile
I am also voting for Cinema 4D. It is a very intuitive and popular. Got a huge potential, but, unfortunately its  developers always look in a wrong way, experimenting with such things, as pseudo physical renders( besides nobody knows what does it mean ). This integration will be revolutionary. And besides - you have in advance so many potential Russian byers- which is nonsense in a century of torrent freedom! That sounds great! Go for it!
"We get up in the morning. We do our best. Nothing else matters! "

2013-03-19, 12:03:45
Reply #52

Visual Pie Workroom

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • www.visual-pie.com
And besides - you have in advance so many potential Russian byers- which is nonsense in a century of torrent freedom! That sounds great! Go for it!
Yes.. it`s true! and We (C4D community) need this integration - very need

2013-03-24, 14:15:42
Reply #53

kahein

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Houdini

Moi3D

Asus Z10PE-D16 WS / Dual Xeon E5-2690 v4 @ 2.60GHz / RAM 64 Go - GTX 970
Win 10 / Max 2017 / Corona 1.4

2013-03-24, 14:37:24
Reply #54

kahein

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Modo 701 will be release this monday.
and we will have Modo 701 on linux too with unlimited node slave.

After the fusion with the foundry, it will be more and more visible in the front scene, vfx, advertising etc...

I think IMO it wont be to complex to port corona on it.

we have a great community for helping.

with a robust render like corona tend to be it will be a great competitor

2013-03-24, 14:51:50
Reply #55

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
I don't know, modo community seems pretty closed off to external renderers, judging from the official forum ;)

2013-03-24, 23:19:34
Reply #56

Han

• Active Users
  • CG generalist
    • View Profile
I don't know, modo community seems pretty closed off to external renderers, judging from the official forum ;)

Absolutely true!

I bought Octane Render standalone and integration into Cinema 4D - very bad integration.
Cinema 4D community hopes to Corona.

2013-03-25, 02:02:32
Reply #57

blackside

CINEMA 4D !!!! Very NEED !!!!

2013-03-25, 15:41:34
Reply #58

gootman

• Active Users
  • Glory to Ukraine! Glory to Heroes!
    • View Profile

Absolutely true!

I bought Octane Render standalone and integration into Cinema 4D - very bad integration.
Cinema 4D community hopes to Corona.

Tell us more about integration Octane into Cinema 4D. I prepare to buy combo.. So, will you think this a bad step?
Glory to Ukraine! Glory to Heroes!

2013-03-28, 17:23:46
Reply #59

haggi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Just discovered this thread. Like others I prefer plugin renderers without the need to export and edit scenes to be able to get a good rendering.
The biggest problem with standalone applications is the interactivity. As soon as it comes to interactive editing of a scene, the communicatin with standalone renderers can be a problem (even if it works as we can see in houdini with mantra).

Standalones were necessary in the good old times when ram was extremly expensive and the 3d application blocked memory that was necessary for rendering.

That is the reason why I try to implement renderers for maya if they provide an API (openMaya.net).

So I vote for maya ;)

2013-03-28, 18:03:52
Reply #60

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Who is talking about standalone studio? ;) That was never a plan for any application. And I don't see why would anyone want it, it is less comfortable and slower to use, and harder to implement ;).

2013-03-30, 12:54:10
Reply #61

haggi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi, I optimized my workflow for the integration of renderers in maya with a few python scripts. I used Corona as a test case and implemented the UI and basic plugin.

If you want to have a look: https://vimeo.com/62988729

Of course noting is rendered, but the basic environment is done quite fast. As soon as there will be an API, the render window will hopefully be filled with a rendered image ;)
« Last Edit: 2013-03-30, 13:06:37 by haggi »

2013-03-30, 13:51:39
Reply #62

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Nice.

I've decided to wait a bit longer with the API, because I will rewrite the scene description first, to make it node-based to better facilitate progressive/out of core rendering

2013-03-30, 23:13:44
Reply #63

haggi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Fine. Would it be possible to send me an email as soon as you have a working version? I don't want to bother you with my API questions.

2013-04-04, 15:49:45
Reply #64

gootman

• Active Users
  • Glory to Ukraine! Glory to Heroes!
    • View Profile
So, can you tell to all Cinema4D comunity, will you prepare to working with Cinema4D integration?
Glory to Ukraine! Glory to Heroes!

2013-06-29, 11:31:36
Reply #65

moreschipaolo

• Users
    • View Profile
please maya version…

2013-07-10, 13:48:38
Reply #66

chilombiano

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I vote maya. Not because i use maya (I'm completely agnostic when it comes to software) but because it would open a huge market/user base for Corona meaning better business which will translate in a better renderer. Maya is still the most widely used tool in film and tv broadcast and that is not changing just yet. Autodesk seem to be focusing energy into Maya first, max barely and xsi .. Xsi has a dark future ahead. Modo by itself was not doing too well but the fact that now joined forces with nuke will probably make it a bigger name in the film industry. A version of corona for modo ( hey, even for nuke! ) could be very interesting as well. It just sounds better business to focus on these platforms  first..just my opinion.

Octane is an interesting case as a renderer ( whoever said it is slow should consider a decent gpu ). It has a plugin for most 3d apps but it's functionality is really poor. It might be a good model to be everywhere and develop the tool later but it feels like neglecting a bit the core of it.

Arnold is completely the opposite. Their focus, as stated on their site, is to give the best possible support to few clients ( hence the licensing exclusivity ) first in order to grow the tool in a solid manner. And they only support xsi and maya.. These guys are aiming to film industry use mainly
Btw.. Whoever said arnold is slow for interiors should really try it more before saying that. There is more to rendering than just speed. ( arnold is damn fast overall )

I do think Corona could easily fit a bigger role than in architectural rendering or advertisement ( with all due respect to those fields ) . In the little time i've used it i found it scary close to what Arnold offers and that is a lot of ground for an alpha. If things like pmedia and exr2 ( deep data multi view ) get implemented Corona could become a really solid player in film/tv

Heck! I would even invest on it! :)

My two cents 

2013-07-11, 12:00:50
Reply #67

pixel

• Users
    • View Profile

2013-07-11, 18:17:07
Reply #68

arcvs

Yes, Max 2010 version would be great :3

It's a shame that only 10 votes for Softimage, imo best package from the list.

2013-07-14, 01:26:42
Reply #69

Ismael

2013-07-26, 19:50:53
Reply #70

tanguybod

• Active Users
    • View Profile
My first wish would be Houdini from far. This package lacks of renderer and Mantra is awesome, but slow... Soooooo slow. That said, unlimited render nodes though.
Every renderer got hits strengths and weakness !

Tang

2013-08-09, 19:13:06
Reply #71

fco3d

• Active Users
    • View Profile
if you guys decided to go with Cinema 4D, there is a possibility to do a MAC version of Corona too?
I mostly use MAC, but windows is ok too ;P

2013-11-16, 14:30:36
Reply #72

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
removed maya and cinema, for which the connection is already being developed. You can cast your votes again.
« Last Edit: 2013-11-16, 14:36:05 by Keymaster »

2013-11-16, 20:43:32
Reply #73

teknikarsitek

• Active Users
    • View Profile
i would like if sketchup can have this corona plugin .. mostly i create modelling in sketchup, and also i have do rendering with vray for sketchup too .. so, i am so happy if corona can supported in sketchup .. ^_^

2013-11-16, 21:56:08
Reply #74

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
I use 3dsMax only, but from purely bussiness standpoint, I believe Sketchup to be the best contender. No one is really actively targeting amateurs well, yet they're giant group. There are more sketchup users that XSI might ever dream of.

Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2013-11-17, 04:57:56
Reply #75

teknikarsitek

• Active Users
    • View Profile
sketchup has so many user, and also has been supported by many engine also, this mean sketchup is not just only a drawing tools .. :)

2013-11-17, 21:15:59
Reply #76

kubbek

• Users
    • View Profile
I vote for modo. It has built in renderer that is fast and works great for product shots but it is far behind others in interiors and ultrarealistic exteriors. Modo has a great and very enthusiastic community that would probably invest much of its time for project like implementing corona render in to it.
There were many hopes that v-ray would be released also for modo, but it doesn't. Hopefuly corona will do it :)

2013-11-19, 13:25:24
Reply #77

CHRiTTeR

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I think a standalone version would benefit everyone and could help with memory issues...

2013-11-26, 10:22:12
Reply #78

Aritz

• Users
    • View Profile

2013-12-11, 01:51:55
Reply #79

picfad

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Picfad is a Digital Studio

2013-12-11, 02:39:26
Reply #80

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
I've removed blender from the poll because of http://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?299637-Addon-Corona-Render-Exporter-v-0-9&highlight=corona

You can cast your votes again

2013-12-11, 06:30:01
Reply #81

cloneops

• Active Users
    • View Profile

2014-02-22, 00:47:22
Reply #82

Fibonacci

• Active Users
  • 3Dmanufaktura
    • View Profile
Maybe Houdini...? The Corona Renderer give me a chance to learning Houdini... :)
Holy Corona : the materials is the clue.

2014-03-03, 09:40:44
Reply #83

arsdraw

• Users
    • View Profile
    • arsdraw.cgsociety.org
What about old versions of 3ds max? It was more stable and faster. I mean 3ds max 9 or at least 2009.

2014-03-03, 12:25:45
Reply #84

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
there were some changes in API which means it would be either sub-par integration, or lot of extra work. That coupled with the need to use old compiler, and small number of users who still use them, makes it not worth it.

I would suggest trying max 2014 SP4, it is much better than 2010/2011 ;)

2014-03-03, 15:39:10
Reply #85

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
Yep, 2014 with SP4 is first really usable and stable Max version after many long years :)

2014-03-04, 10:38:57
Reply #86

arsdraw

• Users
    • View Profile
    • arsdraw.cgsociety.org
Okay, I'll try to get used to new max

2014-03-23, 10:48:32
Reply #87

Pixelatedvertex

• Active Users
    • View Profile
another modo user here keen on using corona :) and there's a lot more on the luxology forum

2014-03-31, 23:38:50
Reply #88

W_Alban

• Users
    • View Profile
Pls make a Cinema4D version of Corona ;)

2014-04-06, 18:52:50
Reply #89

bb

• Users
    • View Profile
Cinema 4D would be great!
T

2014-04-15, 02:29:11
Reply #90

blankvisual

• Active Users
    • View Profile
MAYA, as it is widely used in all areas of CG. Max is mostly archvis, games and studios like blur, holding on to their extremely custom pipeline.
I like Houdini the most, but i think your best bet would be Maya...and move from there to others - C4d after probably.

cheers

2014-04-15, 14:49:19
Reply #91

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
maya and C4D are already on way.

2014-06-06, 16:31:30
Reply #92

Kramon

• Active Users
    • View Profile
i would say work on standalone to be equal to main max3d render. Because u have already Blender connected to standalone... now maya is going to be connected... so u should support users and after that get new users.

2014-06-30, 16:49:43
Reply #93

unknownhumanoid

• Users
    • View Profile
I'd be so happy to have this in Rhino... I hope there will be in the future.

2014-08-30, 11:16:20
Reply #94

Fibonacci

• Active Users
  • 3Dmanufaktura
    • View Profile
ZBrush.

The 4R7 going' to low poly modeling and will killin' any other 3D softwares in modeling and  texturing...3 years and the ZBrush will be the most important 3D package. No doubt...

You have to thinking about that...the Corona should be the alternative render for the Zbrush...
Holy Corona : the materials is the clue.

2014-09-06, 16:16:39
Reply #95

tolas

• Users
    • View Profile

2014-09-08, 12:08:13
Reply #96

ChrisOffner

• Users
    • View Profile

2014-09-08, 15:37:35
Reply #97

Madeira3d

• Users
    • View Profile
I really like Corona results, I never used it since I work with modo but my vote goes to Modo.

2014-09-08, 16:07:46
Reply #98

casparagus

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Sketchup has only been mentioned a couple of times, but it is a big market.

For hardcore 3D artists like ourselves, Sketchup probably seems irrelevant, however the vast majority of architectural firms I have worked for use Sketchup.

The LARGEST architectural practice IN THE WORLD uses Sketchup as part of their standard line. Sketchup is simple to learn and easy to use, which is why many architects and designers use it. These people are pros in their fields, but 'amateurs' when it comes to 3d.

Corona is VERY easy to use, so would be a perfect match for Sketchup. From what I've seen, Sketchup is more and more the standard for architects/designers, so if there was a good plugin for Corona, at a reasonable price, I can easily see Corona becoming the standard renderer for architects/designers.

It's definitely a different market (and certainly a bid one), and if Corona was complicated and unwieldy I wouldn't recommend it BUT Corona is simple, easy to use and just looks great, so I think it would be a perfect fit.

Anyway Sketchup is my vote.

2014-09-08, 17:25:10
Reply #99

magnum1976

• Users
    • View Profile

2014-09-08, 19:38:51
Reply #100

Crush

• Users
    • View Profile
Please make a MODO Corona port! This renderer is so damn fast - and I tried a rather old benchmark tester on a crappy old laptop.
« Last Edit: 2014-09-08, 19:42:58 by Crush »

2014-09-08, 22:09:45
Reply #101

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
So... is there some new corona thread on some modo forum? :D

2014-09-08, 22:19:22
Reply #102

webqueiroz

• Users
    • View Profile
Surely the Modo801 would be of great value to own renderer. The community is very grade and open to new options. Come together a long time working with the Corona and even started using through 3D Max, but the interface is very different from the mode and gave up. There is a beta version of V-ray for the Modo and my first tests I was already quite happy. But I still have a preference for Corona.

2014-09-09, 10:13:10
Reply #103

tomislavn

• Active Users
  • Lightbringer
    • View Profile
    • My 3docean Portolio
I agree on Modo as well :) .. seeing how V-Ray took the same direction, I see no reason why Corona should skip it!
My 3d stock portfolio - http://3docean.net/user/tomislavn

2014-09-09, 14:38:00
Reply #104

photomg1

• Active Users
    • View Profile

2014-09-09, 18:27:36
Reply #105

DoGau

• Users
    • View Profile

2014-09-09, 18:33:16
Reply #106

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Can you at least post the link to the forum that is urging you to register and vote here?

2014-09-10, 01:30:29
Reply #108

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website

as requested

http://community.thefoundry.co.uk/discussion/topic.aspx?f=4&t=92136

I was at some sort of archviz conference last week and listened to this guy: https://www.behance.net/jurajtalcik . He almost exclusively uses Corona.

What I like about it is that it's ridiculously easy to use and create materials. The renders look good almost no matter what you do, almost a one-click solution (which neither V-Ray nor Modo comes close to). Speed is one thing, but a renderer that is almost invisible to the user is worth more, in my opinion.

:- )

I tried corona today for the first time and wasn't overwhelmed. Not by the results nor by the "speed". It actually didn't use 100% of my CPU. As it also is just another CPU only renderer I don't know what is so special about it anyway...

Well, that's some polarised discussion.
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models

2014-09-10, 03:46:34
Reply #109

funk

• Users
    • View Profile
Another MODO user here :) Are you still looking for developers?
Win7 64/Core i7-975 3.33GHz/12GB RAM/GTX 670 2GB/2x1920x1200
I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live - Jesus Christ

2014-09-10, 09:33:42
Reply #110

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
:- )

I would like to vote but cannot be bothered with registering on yet another forum...
If you cannot even be bothered to register on a forum I think that says enough about your actual demand for Corona Renderer. Just saying.

funny bunch indeed :D

2014-09-10, 17:56:07
Reply #111

Seth Richardson

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Even with those people not wanting to register and vote or are on the fence about it.  Modo is still ahead by a good percentage ;)

2014-09-19, 18:37:39
Reply #112

motionman

• Users
    • View Profile
Modo? Lightwave? Tiny userbase for both. God awful shadertree and one is vintage era.
Oh well lesser of two evil. Atleast cinema4d can read lightwave files.

2014-09-19, 19:20:42
Reply #113

apull

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Autodesk Revit Architecture

2014-09-20, 16:20:09
Reply #114

LukeZ

• Users
    • View Profile

2014-09-21, 23:02:37
Reply #115

Wickedpup

• Users
    • View Profile
Another Modo vote here

2014-09-22, 16:27:42
Reply #116

Kolby

• Users
    • View Profile

2014-09-22, 17:23:40
Reply #117

SonK

• Users
    • View Profile

2014-09-23, 13:20:19
Reply #118

Pavlov

• Users
    • View Profile
Hello,
as Lw user i'm very interested in corona, and most other users are. Lw has a nice engine and few options (Maxwell, octane, Kray, etc) but Conona would be an unicum given its kernels, and would fill a gap in archviz usability. I hope you will seriously consider it.

Thanks,
Paolo Zambrini

www.engram.it

2014-09-25, 21:03:39
Reply #119

Pavlov

• Users
    • View Profile
ps - another factor pro LW, is the fact that there's a large demand for a dedicated Viz engine in Lw community since since Vray didnt come to Lw (it came to Modo recently).
Corona would fill the gap easily.
Despite the fact LW viz userbase in not huge (but larger than some think), i think Corona has few contenders there and would sell surprisingly well.

Thanks,
Paolo

2014-09-25, 23:38:41
Reply #120

Wickedpup

• Users
    • View Profile
i think Corona has few contenders there and would sell surprisingly well.
With Kray, Octane, Maxwell in addition to Arnold and Renderman soon available for LW I think you have fewer contenders on the Modo side IMO (Octane, Maxwell and Vray) And I believe, a larger user base....
« Last Edit: 2014-09-25, 23:47:55 by Wickedpup »

2014-09-26, 00:01:01
Reply #121

Pavlov

• Users
    • View Profile
Hello,
i have Kray and Maxwell, yet i would buy corona.
Corona is very targeted to archviz, as said most engines for Lw are aimed to animation more than architecture.
Octane is good but being GPU is on another league, many want to stay CPU for a lot of reasons. Kray is in a slow development phase and even if it's a good engine, it's a niche tool.
Maxwell is useable in production only if you have big farms (we have 200 ghz farm but it's not enough for our production times), so we nearly dismissed it.

In LW arena we need standards and Corona seems to be able to become a new Vray, given it's absolutely top-notch kernels (better than Vray ones and the state of art in GI solutions).
I know LW arena very in depth, being a long date user and leading a viz firm for 20 years, i know corona would fill a gap here. Finding people with a know-how will be easier, instead of having to teach them LW rendering, and that's a majr point. There's a huge discussion about the need for standards in LW userbase.
Also, as said Lw lacks *the* standard - Vray - which makes Corona so interesting for most, if not all, professional LW users around.

Best,
Paolo

2014-09-26, 09:29:32
Reply #122

happymilk

• Users
    • View Profile
I'm a LW user
I bought kray and recently octane.
LW has not Vray and development of Kray proceeds too slowly.
Octane is great but GPU technology has yet to be developed.
If you will produce a plugin for Lightwave'll be seriously interested to purchase.
thanks

2014-09-26, 09:31:11
Reply #123

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
I'm a LW user
I bought kray and recently octane.
LW has not Vray and development of Kray proceeds too slowly.
Octane is great but GPU technology has yet to be developed.
If you will produce a plugin for Lightwave'll be seriously interested to purchase.
thanks

If all LW users have this awesome nicknames, then i think we should do LW integration next! :D

2014-09-26, 11:13:28
Reply #124

Wickedpup

• Users
    • View Profile
No surprise there´s no V-Ray since in every V-Ray discussion over at the NT forums there are LW users stating that they don´t need it.....  ;-p
« Last Edit: 2014-09-26, 11:21:32 by Wickedpup »

2014-09-26, 12:06:05
Reply #125

happymilk

• Users
    • View Profile
No surprise there´s no V-Ray since in every V-Ray discussion over at the NT forums there are LW users stating that they don´t need it.....  ;-p

it is true. They said the same thing about Octane. Then we all bought it :)

2014-09-26, 12:24:23
Reply #126

happymilk

• Users
    • View Profile
If all LW users have this awesome nicknames, then i think we should do LW integration next! :D

eheheheh...
if you develop a plugin for lightwave I also include the little hearts in my nickname :P

2014-09-26, 15:36:51
Reply #127

patilrahul1988

• Active Users
    • View Profile
plz make modo version ........we want photorealistic & fast results for Archviz.

2014-09-27, 13:27:08
Reply #128

motionman

• Users
    • View Profile
And I believe, a larger user base....

You're dreaming. Neither of the two have a userbase in the 10000 globally.
And after the Foundry raises the price of modo in version 10, which they will do to align with their other products, the cheap users who came from lightwave will run back to it.

2014-09-27, 18:19:53
Reply #129

Wickedpup

• Users
    • View Profile
LOL. And I am the one that is supposed to be dreaming here? If your "dream" should come true, I doubt they would run back to LW....Blender is a more likely option IMO.
And unless you have the actual numbers of users you're just making assumptions like me, only difference being that I know I was making one....note the use of "I believe"....
« Last Edit: 2014-09-28, 01:30:14 by Wickedpup »

2014-09-27, 19:56:25
Reply #130

Moose_Head!

• Users
    • View Profile
I went to the supermarket earlier, I was in the spread aisle and for a moment I thought I saw a tub of "I can't believe it's not Phungus!"

So the LightWave users didn't feel they needed V-Ray nor Octane but are interested in Corona, excellent taste in renderers you see.

2014-09-27, 20:56:47
Reply #131

Wickedpup

• Users
    • View Profile
Who claimed LW users said they didn't need Octane? Only you as far as I can see.....

2014-09-27, 21:25:15
Reply #132

Moose_Head!

• Users
    • View Profile
Who claimed LW users said they didn't need Octane? Only you as far as I can see.....

They said the same thing about Octane.

happymilk did, and far from being a troll with a LightWave obsession, he/she seems to like it and wants to see Corona for it. And as mentioned, even then they saw the light and embraced the Octane goodness.

2014-09-28, 00:25:31
Reply #133

Wickedpup

• Users
    • View Profile
I can't remember Octane meeting the same "resistance" (if we can call it that) as V-Ray in the NT forums, quite the oposite actually (which I found to be a bit funny). Bought the plugin for LW myself, so Corona in Modo would be of more use to me.
And you are better off looking for LW obsessions in the Newtek forums :-)
« Last Edit: 2014-09-28, 01:41:52 by Wickedpup »

2014-09-28, 08:32:28
Reply #134

motionman

• Users
    • View Profile
LOL. And I am the one that is supposed to be dreaming here? If your "dream" should come true, I doubt they would run back to LW....Blender is a more likely option IMO.
And unless you have the actual numbers of users you're just making assumptions like me, only difference being that I know I was making one....note the use of "I believe"....

When you say you believe, its not an sssumption. You have accepted it as the truth. Are you a native english speaker?
I have the actual numbers of cinema4d and by extrapolation both lightwave and modo can't be more than c4d users. 10000 user per  app is already a stretch.
Yeah sure they could run to blender since these modo users were cheap in the first place they could go that route if they can take blenders logic.

2014-09-28, 09:18:56
Reply #135

Wickedpup

• Users
    • View Profile
No, I'm not a native english speaker. And yes, that is the definition of the word:
to accept or regard (something) as true
to accept the truth of what is said by (someone)
to have (a specified opinion)

Assumption however:
an assuming that something is true
a fact or statement (as a proposition, axiom, postulate, or notion) taken for granted

My main point was that without factual numbers your statements are no more valid or no less a "dream" (your words) than mine. And I have never said that they had more users than C4D, only that I believe Modo has more than LW....
Cheap or not...there are already Modo and LW users moving that way......
« Last Edit: 2014-09-28, 11:54:56 by Wickedpup »

2014-09-28, 13:42:15
Reply #136

Pavlov

• Users
    • View Profile
Regarding some LW users saying "they dont need Vray" - this is true, some said it and keep saying it.
But remember LW userbase is pretty strongly split between hobbyists and pros.
Despite it's age-ness, LW has still some very strong points in archviz arena, so there's a not so small number of archviz users using it.
The large part of hobbyists (which are the ones who post the most on NT forums) are pretty much conservative regarding anything, in fact there are other flames going on for years regarding several other aspects of the software (it's ok as it is now VS we need deep changes).
Consider also that hobbyist userbase part went to LW because of price reasons and some of them are pretty much against everything has a high price, because they wouldnt get paid back from the investment. Vray is quite costly as renderign solution (probably the most costly between all solutions), and this is another reasons lower-profile LW users were against it. BTW, any pro knows that Vray will pay for itself in a very short period so pricetag doesnt matter really.

So, please dont take NT forum as a reliable source of infos about what users need/want, its a vert small part of the userbase and at same time the most talkative.
Being in LW arena since 5.0, i know most pros - if not all pros - are interested in having more rendering options and Corona is the kind of engine LW misses the most.
Again, as i read here, Corona will be friendly priced, which will make it quite interesting not only for pros.

Best,
Paolo

2014-09-28, 15:33:55
Reply #137

VPII

• Users
    • View Profile
I can eco what Paolo is writing here. I am a Lightwave user and use it everyday for production and have not posted on Lightwave forum for many years now. Corona whould be a great engine for Lightwave.

2014-10-02, 11:20:53
Reply #138

Neko

• Users
    • View Profile
Hi folks,

I am Pro user LW (10+) and I agree that Corona could be fully integrated with LW. I think the mostly LW Pro users need a render engine on "Focus in ArchViz"...and Corona has everything.
KRay is good but the development is very very slow for me.

Regards
Nicola

2014-10-08, 01:18:10
Reply #139

adk

• Users
    • View Profile
Heya folks,

I would consider myself a long time 3D user, 15+ years using MAX / LW / modo + Vray / Octane / Maxwell / Kray / FP. 
I use these tools at professional / personal levels (mostly arch viz) and looking closely at Corona.

Can only echo what Pavlov has expressed in his posts and will definitely be looking at getting a license if there's an integrated solution.
Cheers.   

2014-10-17, 11:28:30
Reply #140

medzo

• Users
    • View Profile
Since there has been a lot of interest for Lightwave plugin, can we get some feedback from developers? Is Lw plugin something that you consider in the near future or not?

2014-10-17, 11:33:54
Reply #141

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Since there has been a lot of interest for Lightwave plugin, can we get some feedback from developers? Is Lw plugin something that you consider in the near future or not?

There is a lot of interest only because some users from some lightwave forum organized a voting raid... we have to take these results only as a hint.

On completely unrelated note, there are some people willing to cooperate with us on making it happen, so we will see...

2014-10-17, 12:03:00
Reply #142

medzo

• Users
    • View Profile
I will take it as a good sign :)

2014-10-17, 15:38:14
Reply #143

Neko

• Users
    • View Profile
I pray for a Lw release...;)

2014-10-19, 22:36:21
Reply #144

spigolo

• Users
    • View Profile
BTW LIGHTWAVE has Arnold support too and Octane.
I would prefer Corona for Lightwave rather than Modo (i use both) but LW layout and scene handling is much better
modelling is much precise (not like Maya) and his nodal structure is improving quite fast...

2014-10-22, 15:49:15
Reply #145

beverins

• Users
    • View Profile
Actually, Lightwave has Arnold, Octane and now Renderman support (when Renderman 19 comes out). All thanks to the amazing work from heroic developer Juanjo Gonzalez! Corona would be in very good company. 

On another note, Thearender's plugin bowed out from Modo apparently because of SDK problems which The Foundry hasn't addressed yet ... I'm wondering how Corona Render's developers will bypass the SDK's limitations for Modo?

Oh.. and the Modo votes are because of a forum raid too, you know.

2014-10-22, 16:22:19
Reply #146

demmi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Sketchup - as i am an architect i know almost 90% of companys around the world make use of it i would be an awsome addition. As chaos group know they added also the vray for sketchup and its a huge sucess to the company.

Sketchup is the way to spread around architectural companys
behance.com/demmi
- active Corona User

2014-10-23, 14:21:43
Reply #147

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Oh.. and the Modo votes are because of a forum raid too, you know.

but there is absolutely no lightwave raid going on, riiiiight? :D

2014-10-23, 17:15:24
Reply #148

Neko

• Users
    • View Profile
I think all users try to stimulate own forum to vote...

2014-10-24, 16:34:34
Reply #149

beverins

• Users
    • View Profile
Of course there's a newtek forum raid. However, as it is with the people from Foundry(Luxology) these are people who are genuinely interested in your renderer... So while the votes are formed out of a desire for competition, they all actually do want to see this renderer and didn't just vote for the heck of it.

Hope it will arrive for either one, to be honest.

2014-10-24, 17:44:43
Reply #150

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
tell you what, if either one of the groups convinces developers of the software to help us with the implementation, then we do that software first :D

2014-10-24, 23:29:20
Reply #151

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website

Sorry :- )

2014-11-30, 12:20:25
Reply #152

Kramon

• Active Users
    • View Profile
tell you what, if either one of the groups convinces developers of the software to help us with the implementation, then we do that software first :D

blender...

2014-12-12, 13:46:23
Reply #153

Ejial

• Users
    • View Profile
Hi everyone, im just following couple posts in the forum and for start i must say that seeing how this company behave seem like breath of fresh air. The pricing politics, the dedication in development basicly won me. Im interested in Blender software, but as i believe in private initiatives i would gladly become buyer for this product. If its not asking too much, I would like to know if the Blender standalone integration would develop along with other products or if will be "handicapped" due to restrictions of the free license ...........Also if this is the case, theres any final conclusion about Modo plug being developed next (i voted for it) ? thx in advance

2015-01-05, 13:02:43
Reply #154

kahein

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,
How many % do you need to accept to code Corona for another 3d software ?
If it's just when over Dev are ready to help, so this section have no interest anymore.

2015-01-26, 10:23:15
Reply #155

Zbychowaty

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • http://www.behance.net/OporskiArchitektura
And when You will start? :)

2015-01-26, 15:34:49
Reply #156

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
This is just market research, there are no rigid rules such as "50 votes = implementation starts next year, 100 votes = implementation starts immediately, 200 votes = free iphones for everyone" ;)

2015-01-26, 15:41:12
Reply #157

borisquezadaa

• Active Users
    • View Profile
But... but... i want an iphone!... (kidding. I hate those apple stamped shits).
What i do with Corona My Corona post of random stuff rendering
WARNING: English.dll still loading...

2015-01-27, 08:44:09
Reply #158

Wickedpup

• Users
    • View Profile

Market research, yes, but considering your statement....and since you have been contacted by developers from The Foundry.....when do you start?  ;-p
« Last Edit: 2015-01-27, 08:48:54 by Wickedpup »

2015-01-27, 10:19:59
Reply #159

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile

Market research, yes, but considering your statement....and since you have been contacted by developers from The Foundry.....when do you start?  ;-p
we have been contacted by both, so it is a tie ;)

2015-01-28, 14:17:15
Reply #160

gaia

• Users
    • View Profile
Modo is first... no news about corona for modo ?

2015-01-28, 15:12:28
Reply #161

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
This will be the topic of the day after Corona 1.0 for 3ds max is out.

2015-01-28, 16:48:00
Reply #162

gaia

• Users
    • View Profile
yes but 3dsmax licence is too expensive for freelance or hobbyist, for just architectural rendering, I prefer use modo. vray for modo will be available soon but corona is also interesting.
What is the position of the corona team about devellopement of corona for modo ? is seriously possible ?

2015-01-28, 17:59:54
Reply #163

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
my last post meant "we will consider corona for modo once we release corona for 3dsmax"

2015-01-28, 18:29:50
Reply #164

gaia

• Users
    • View Profile
ok, thank you for your reply :)  I will wait. sorry, my english read and wrote is approximative. :(

2015-02-02, 01:08:39
Reply #165

daveyt

• Active Users
    • View Profile
This is not true!!not everone wants to use max, cinema, or any main stream program$$$
Octane standalone works great.. if corona had similar, better, then more for corona!!

2015-02-20, 01:08:35
Reply #166

rafpug

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello Ondra
I do not know if it will be possible in the future ... but there is also among modelers form•Z  and  form•Z jr, previously called bonZai3d.

Regards
Raf

2015-02-27, 10:50:59
Reply #167

motionman

• Users
    • View Profile
Modo already has vray, octane, and pretty good native renderer.
You want half a million users as potential customers? Go with indie appz.

2015-04-03, 10:44:53
Reply #168

spadestick

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Modo already has vray, octane, and pretty good native renderer.
You want half a million users as potential customers? Go with indie appz.

I agree, I still consider sketchup to be an indie app, but a super popular one with no built in renderer. huge market potential... why compete when you can dominate? the biggest drawbacks for me and many users in buying vray for sketchup are the complicated settings, half baked results as a result of incorrect settings and bad material and light integration.... I never get past the trial period because I just stop using it...

2015-04-05, 14:43:43
Reply #169

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Completely agree on this, wrote it before :- )

Typical Sketchup user doesn't have patience for Vray, nor performance for Maxwell (or some more obscure older pathtracers that still linger as legacy). Corona, plus perhaps cheaper, special licence for Sketchup would be great business step,
if marketed properly. It could be integrated almost as one button into its simple UI. Ten of thousands of users would be beyond the scope smaller DCC apps could ever bring on.

2015-04-05, 15:14:32
Reply #170

PROH

• Active Users
    • View Profile
+ 1 for Corona SketchUp.

Plus a wish for possibility of import/export of Corona materials between supported programs, so that a Corona SketchUp scene could be imported in Max complete with lights and materials etc.

Could it also be possible to import Corona Max files (whole scene) into Corona SketchUp (and other Corona supported apps) via this corona exporter, then the "world domination" would be very near!

Keep it up

2015-04-09, 08:31:42
Reply #171

patilrahul1988

• Active Users
    • View Profile
++1 For Sketchup :)

2015-04-09, 08:43:54
Reply #172

tomislavn

• Active Users
  • Lightbringer
    • View Profile
    • My 3docean Portolio
I am more then happy with Corona itself and having it available for my freelance work is amazing (Autodesk subscription for 3dsmax + Corona subscription on demand is superb) but I would really want to have it available at work as well.

Problem is that we are using all Macs in the studio and we are mostly using C4D and Maya (some Sketchup also sometimes) for OSX... if we could get an OSX version for any of those programs, even Sketchup, it would be amazing :)

I cannot wait to have Corona power on OSX platform, no matter of application.
My 3d stock portfolio - http://3docean.net/user/tomislavn

2015-04-09, 21:19:38
Reply #173

spadestick

• Active Users
    • View Profile

this would be called Macorona and Cheese :D

2015-04-09, 21:36:40
Reply #174

3dworks

• Users
    • View Profile
    • 3dworks visual computing
i wonder why has lightwave not been taken into consideration for porting? potentially there are lot of LW users interested into this engine, as they don't have any vray option. any explanation?

i would be a potential customer for sure, but it has to be mac compatible.

cheers

markus

2015-04-10, 07:41:52
Reply #175

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile

this would be called Macorona and Cheese :D

i wonder why has lightwave not been taken into consideration for porting? potentially there are lot of LW users interested into this engine, as they don't have any vray option. any explanation?

i would be a potential customer for sure, but it has to be mac compatible.

cheers

markus

I can assure you it WAS taken into consideration. We just cannot do everything at once.

2015-04-10, 10:23:16
Reply #176

3dworks

• Users
    • View Profile
    • 3dworks visual computing

I can assure you it WAS taken into consideration. We just cannot do everything at once.

good to get your feedback - means that it is still a future option?

cheers

markus
« Last Edit: 2015-04-10, 14:42:22 by 3dworks »

2015-04-10, 10:50:27
Reply #177

Neko

• Users
    • View Profile
Good!
I hope so Ondra...:)))
We really need it for LW!

2015-04-10, 12:56:27
Reply #178

spadestick

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Typical Sketchup user doesn't have patience for Vray, nor performance for Maxwell (or some more obscure older pathtracers that still linger as legacy).

You've described me to the TEE! :D :D :D

I just paid for the upgrade to the latest version of Podium... It's much faster now in terms of processing the model (converting the sketchup meshes into its own format) because they upgraded their code base from Ruby to C++ hence the speed increases. Wonderful... but not wonderful enough :( I still dream of producing a Corona render one day!

I am FASCINATED though by this new functional programming language called Haskell. www.haskell.org
It's specialty is that it is LAZY... sounds brilliant.

2015-04-11, 16:38:07
Reply #179

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile

Why would you think it is not? Did we say "we will never do lighwave"? ;)

2015-04-16, 18:19:28
Reply #180

spadestick

• Active Users
    • View Profile
OMG Ondra, I DESPERATELY need Corona on Sketchup...

Is there anyway to speed this development up? Could we go the crowdfunding model? I would be immediately your first paying backer! that's a promise!
It is a pain to work in blender.
It is a pain and costly to work in 3dmax

For all the Sketchup doubters... sketchup produces these :

2015-04-17, 15:20:04
Reply #181

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
sketchup implementation will probably start in the summer

2015-04-18, 06:34:54
Reply #182

spadestick

• Active Users
    • View Profile
WOW! :):):):)

sorry to sound like a kid in a candy store... but you just made my weekend, week, month, year!

2015-04-20, 10:51:10
Reply #183

Neko

• Users
    • View Profile

Why would you think it is not? Did we say "we will never do lighwave"? ;)

Interesting!We hope not too late!...;)

2015-05-12, 01:12:36
Reply #184

fpadula

• Users
    • View Profile
HI Ondra,
Any news about the implementation for Modo? I know the Modo community would love this...

2015-05-12, 14:42:20
Reply #185

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
HI Ondra,
Any news about the implementation for Modo? I know the Modo community would love this...

we are working on it

2015-05-12, 20:12:05
Reply #186

fpadula

• Users
    • View Profile
That's awesome to hear!
Tks

2015-05-30, 05:27:43
Reply #187

spadestick

• Active Users
    • View Profile
It is almost summer and I am hoping Corona for Sketchup has begun!

2015-06-19, 20:57:18
Reply #188

Benny

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Ondra,

If there was a specialized tool, like a CAD program, that wanted support for Corona, how much of that would have to be done by you guys as opposed to the CAD developer? Is there an API/SDK available?

2015-06-20, 18:32:56
Reply #189

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Ondra,

If there was a specialized tool, like a CAD program, that wanted support for Corona, how much of that would have to be done by you guys as opposed to the CAD developer? Is there an API/SDK available?

SDK is available and very simple to use, it is just a matter of developers of the specialized software contacting us and striking a deal

2015-06-21, 18:20:30
Reply #190

burnin

• Active Users
    • View Profile
standalone studio with material workshop would still be best choice IMO, for any 3DCC app...
but yeah, i know,
users are to bubbly to close one app and start another (or to be using two at the same time, browser is another story)...
it's a burst, pop & a mental breakdown !!!

maybe OS Desktop UI should work with tabs... and no one would ever have the feeling of leaving an app
... just mind blowing :p

2015-06-24, 13:12:31
Reply #191

spadestick

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Ondra, any news about the implementation for Sketchup?

2015-06-24, 13:41:23
Reply #192

Neko

• Users
    • View Profile
...and Lightwave?;)

2015-06-25, 02:55:44
Reply #193

Alex Abarca

• Active Users
  • Corona Certified Instructor
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
how about add a preview of the proxy like mental ray?

2015-07-17, 09:49:40
Reply #194

spadestick

• Active Users
    • View Profile

2015-07-19, 10:03:43
Reply #195

magnum1976

• Users
    • View Profile
Where is the development for Modo?

2015-07-31, 06:05:07
Reply #196

longchip

• Users
    • View Profile
ALL IN LOVE FOR SKETCHUPPPPP

2015-07-31, 14:22:09
Reply #197

racer1933

• Users
    • View Profile
Please make corona render for modo, it will be a revolution in 3D graphics!

2015-08-19, 14:32:10
Reply #198

narlee

• Users
    • View Profile

2015-09-02, 12:18:43
Reply #199

l.croxton

• Active Users
    • View Profile
This might not be the place but maybe doing something similar to keyshot-zbrush?

I know that's more of a standalone, but I think a standalone corona could be cool for things like. As I say, it may be totally the wrong thing to suggest!

2015-10-01, 17:37:24
Reply #200

Herman753

• Users
    • View Profile
Please make Corona for Modo.

2015-11-03, 16:12:58
Reply #201

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
All votes reset to zero, removed sketchup (which just started), and added some new options

2015-11-04, 15:42:44
Reply #202

BorderLine

• Active Users
    • View Profile
For we, Lightwave !

2015-11-04, 17:59:22
Reply #203

sw3d

• Users
    • View Profile
Would be great to see it ported to Modo.

2015-11-05, 09:48:45
Reply #204

kubbek

• Users
    • View Profile

2015-11-05, 10:17:15
Reply #205

magnum1976

• Users
    • View Profile

2015-11-05, 10:53:52
Reply #206

sot5

• Users
    • View Profile

2015-11-05, 11:36:31
Reply #207

MrKoru

• Users
    • View Profile

2015-11-05, 13:06:16
Reply #208

Neko

• Users
    • View Profile
I voted for Lightwave.
Probably the users among Modo and Lightwave are more or less the same, but I would not do too much reliance with the poll whatever happens...I think with the new release LW will be great with a lot of new features, extending very the future prospects. To have a chance to integrate Corona is not only very interesting and usefull for all archviz users (like me), but it's to be a part of something new and solid.
Furthermore Lightwave is widely used in VFX...sure more than Modo. So should be very interesting to see how it works also in that field and not only in archviz.

2015-11-05, 16:13:51
Reply #209

Zoltan

• Users
    • View Profile
Corona for MODO would be really awesome.
MODO's user base continuously growing.

2015-11-21, 12:12:00
Reply #210

Diablonadir

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Corona for Modo !!!!!!!!!!!

2015-12-03, 16:44:52
Reply #211

bibi5000

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Not on the list and maybe a hard one: Houdini.

Mantra is not bad, but I imagine corona would beat the hell out of it. What do you think?

2015-12-17, 18:17:48
Reply #212

piersie

• Users
    • View Profile
Yes please Corona for Modo. Representatives for Corona came into our company a couple of years ago and Corona for Modo was discussed but nothing seems to have happened yet?

2015-12-18, 21:10:49
Reply #213

steyin

• Active Users
  • BALLS
    • View Profile
    • Instagram Page
I think I remember reading that you guys are holding off on Rhino implementation, but I think it would be great for those in arch-viz. I don't use it myself, but all of my coworkers do, as do many others I know in several offices. If there are ever any updates on that front please let me know.

2016-01-22, 14:34:15
Reply #214

Herman753

• Users
    • View Profile

2016-02-18, 09:26:06
Reply #215

K u r a i

• Active Users
    • View Profile
My process is Sketchup.... 3Ds Max.... Corona.... Photoshop.

For me.... the most frustrating part is the final stage because for all the effort I have put in.... I am never satisfied with the end result.... there are just too many processes to fuck up.

What I feel would be very successful is expanding Corona to have a COMPOSITING plugin that can work in 32bit exr and save in 8bit JPG.
The software out there (like Nuke) is complex and expensive.

Corona have simplified and made rendering 'a thing of beauty'.... I just wish you guys could apply the same formula to the final (most crucial phase) PRESENTATION.

With both Adobe and Autodesk going to the cloud.... a bold (and somewhat sinister) move to take ownership of creativity.... there is a new opportunity for software companies to produce
software that is stripped of bling and just does the job.... simple and straightforward....I just hope that C4D stays strong and does not go to the cloud.... coz everything I have read suggests
alot of Max users are going to jump ship to C4D....there is a huge fan base for C4D MAC uses to.

If Corona could do a Photoshop style compositor... that would be great.

It's like STEAM and gaming. In the good old days... when you could buy a game...install it and play....now you have to go through STEAM... and it's a big turn-off. I have stop playing games as a result.
Everyone is trying to control the market... which NEVER benefits the guy on the street.

2016-02-22, 12:53:23
Reply #216

Neko

• Users
    • View Profile
In relation to your new post on the blog 2016...I deeply hope will be LW!;)

2016-03-04, 18:40:28
Reply #217

vancliff

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Why you are missing Maya?

2016-08-18, 06:04:19
Reply #218

Njen

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Cyan Eyed
Another vote for Houdini (which is not on the list).

2016-08-18, 10:46:00
Reply #219

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Added maya again. it was previously missing because it was being developed, but now the development has stopped

2016-08-18, 16:45:42
Reply #220

burnin

• Active Users
    • View Profile

2016-08-18, 17:15:52
Reply #221

totinguis

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Time Machine
+1 for Maya.

it would be awesome to have corona on maya and integrated with all of its awesome stuff. I use maya all the time as well as cinema 4d. I try to stay away from max as long as I can. Now that arnold has been integrated into maya seems like a great option to go but having the mighty corona on it would be great. Seeing the poll though is quite discouraging.
« Last Edit: 2016-08-18, 17:19:18 by totinguis »

2016-08-18, 22:06:37
Reply #222

mraw

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I think it is because Ondra just added Maya to the list. This way the poll is not very representative.
Maya would be awesome... +1 for Maya.

2016-10-05, 10:50:57
Reply #223

Naantam

• Users
    • View Profile
I also voted for lightwave,
It would be useful if this would be available for lightwave, I would buy it day 1 for archwiz.

2016-10-14, 11:16:11
Reply #224

Diablonadir

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Any news about modo - corona?

2016-10-16, 02:01:22
Reply #225

ariandesign

• Users
    • View Profile
Hi to everybody!
This is my first post here because i really wanted to vote for Lightwave.
I'm a lightwave user and I'd love to have Corona render for Lightwave.
THanks in advance
Arian

2016-10-24, 11:53:49
Reply #226

ZorgIT

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Any CAD software (comment which one). Revit ))

2016-10-24, 15:52:20
Reply #227

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
I wonder how it happened that Maya got only 2% of votes? Not very encouraging to ressurect work on integration in it one day, isn it?
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2016-10-24, 16:24:18
Reply #228

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
for a long time it was not in the poll because there was a developer already doing it. It was added only recently. But this poll is overall quite irrelevant at the moment; we have decided that we need at least 2 programmers per plugin to do a commercial-grade, corona-quality plugin, and we are currently understaffed even for the 3 plugins we already develop :/

2016-11-07, 20:58:23
Reply #229

HTKsean

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Seems like a logical path to pursue would be to resurrect the alpha standalone and make it a full featured standalone that would be available for users of any of these 3d apps.
Any chance of this happening?

2016-12-26, 14:17:21
Reply #230

choochee

• Users
    • View Profile
for a long time it was not in the poll because there was a developer already doing it. It was added only recently. But this poll is overall quite irrelevant at the moment; we have decided that we need at least 2 programmers per plugin to do a commercial-grade, corona-quality plugin, and we are currently understaffed even for the 3 plugins we already develop :/
Excuse me for this but have you considered working along with other software companies? I don't know if it's possible or even if you consider this as an option, but let's say integrating Corona into something like Maxwell (like, Corona as the faster less-biased but very high quality) could make both engines fly through the roof....

2017-01-03, 17:23:26
Reply #231

Benny

• Active Users
    • View Profile
The obvious to me would be to port to GPU.   :o)

2017-03-03, 22:48:16
Reply #232

Benjamin_F

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Please consider Houdini. At least, put it on the voting list. It won't hurt.

The only thing what stops us, to start moving away from Max, is Corona.
Hmm, maybe it's better to say, Corona is the only thing what keeps us using Max. :)
And I'm not agreed, that Houdini is only for VFX, like Max is not only good for ArchViz.

2017-03-06, 14:20:17
Reply #233

adamadam

• Active Users
    • View Profile

2017-03-06, 14:24:39
Reply #234

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
added Houdini

2017-03-07, 00:52:51
Reply #235

burnin

• Active Users
    • View Profile
add my vote to houdini too :)

2017-03-07, 15:04:51
Reply #237

Benjamin_F

• Active Users
    • View Profile

2017-04-03, 09:34:00
Reply #238

abdrabbou

• Users
    • View Profile
i think we need version  for sketchup and Rhino 

2017-04-05, 11:41:51
Reply #239

Ahmednibo

• Active Users
    • View Profile
i would like to see Corona for Revit ..

2017-04-06, 14:33:57
Reply #240

Matt-Design

• Users
    • View Profile
With the acquisition of Arnold by Autodesk to make their own rendering engine on 3DSMax and prices that rise on C4D updates, Corona is the best rendering engine that would be a serious alternative to the competition Being on MODO.
MODO + Corona would be strategically a cheaper alternative than 3DSMax and C4D, so, Corona has all its place on MODO. Indeed, Foundry has been growing in power in recent years with MODO which is the best 3D modeler in the world and increasingly used. It just lacks a realistic (one) biased engine and Corona is obviously the solution! It is according to the forums and the vote a very strong need of Corona for the users and future user of MODO.

Today to make beautiful rendering we are obliged to model on MODO and pay 3DSMax to simply make renderings! Corona for MODO is the biggest wait. Please integrate us Corona, we want it more than anything. Thank you..

2017-04-09, 22:05:12
Reply #241

zbynekkrulich

• Users
    • View Profile
Hi, I would like to see corona in Houdini but it has to be fully integrated and faster than Mantra PBR or Arnold.
Now there is a lack for good GPU renderer in Houdini as Octane integration is questionable and Redshift is very biased (subjectively the image isn't good enough).
Your Lightmix is very powerful and it will be great advance. If you like the idea of Corona for VFX then Houdini is a good option. Many users are shifting to houdini these days...

Ondro, what do you think?

2017-04-09, 22:10:14
Reply #242

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi, I would like to see corona in Houdini but it has to be fully integrated and faster than Mantra PBR or Arnold.
Now there is a lack for good GPU renderer in Houdini as Octane integration is questionable and Redshift is very biased (subjectively the image isn't good enough).
Your Lightmix is very powerful and it will be great advance. If you like the idea of Corona for VFX then Houdini is a good option. Many users are shifting to houdini these days...

You do know that Corona is CPU only, right? ;)

I actually installed Houdini over the weekend to see what the buzz is about, and was quite surprised how programmer-oriented the software is. I guess it would make sense to do integration only after we have working volumetric rendering solution though.

2017-04-09, 22:50:17
Reply #243

zbynekkrulich

• Users
    • View Profile
I know but you should never say never :))) Anyway, I meant there is no super cool option in GPU, so there is a chance in CPU
and yes, volumetrics, particles, all the stuff is a must.
btw I am not a programmer but I enjoy the logic behind creating all the things in houdini, as well as I think it is a good bridge between "brush and code" :)

2017-04-11, 02:39:11
Reply #244

d-3

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Houdini! Why? it will force Corona to look more to VFX then Archviz! :)
I use 3ds max for 18+ years and learning Houdini! if i change my main software one day it will be Houdini! so pls! it´s time to step a little further in corona development goals LOL!!

2017-04-12, 16:40:41
Reply #245

Matt-Design

• Users
    • View Profile
Unfortunately Adam of Mechanical Color told me that it would be to the developers of Corona to make the bridge between Corona and MODO. I hope this plugin can be released soon, this is our biggest wish.

2017-04-12, 17:38:34
Reply #246

Niko3D

• Active Users
    • View Profile
With the acquisition of Arnold by Autodesk to make their own rendering engine on 3DSMax and prices that rise on C4D updates, Corona is the best rendering engine that would be a serious alternative to the competition Being on MODO.
MODO + Corona would be strategically a cheaper alternative than 3DSMax and C4D, so, Corona has all its place on MODO. Indeed, Foundry has been growing in power in recent years with MODO which is the best 3D modeler in the world and increasingly used. It just lacks a realistic (one) biased engine and Corona is obviously the solution! It is according to the forums and the vote a very strong need of Corona for the users and future user of MODO.

Today to make beautiful rendering we are obliged to model on MODO and pay 3DSMax to simply make renderings! Corona for MODO is the biggest wait. Please integrate us Corona, we want it more than anything. Thank you..

I can say the same words for Lightwave.

2017-04-16, 13:40:26
Reply #247

Ehabhd

• Active Users
  • Life is a good journey
    • View Profile
ARCHICAD
EHABHD Corona Renderer user ARCHICAD,CINEMA4D

2017-04-16, 14:15:07
Reply #248

mazer

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Houdini! Why? it will force Corona to look more to VFX then Archviz! :)
I use 3ds max for 18+ years and learning Houdini! if i change my main software one day it will be Houdini! so pls! it´s time to step a little further in corona development goals LOL!!

interesting you say this, i myself do archviz and looking and use 3dsmax. I have been keeping an open mind lately and had a look Cinema 4D  + HB MODELLINGBUNDLE 2.1 for Cinema 4D - Helloluxx as an alternative - which is similar to max's modelling tools. Houdini interests me greatly but as mentioned above - is quote programmer orientated. Rhino + Grasshopper seem like an amazing combination for archviz. I was amazed to see blender + archimesh (not to mention floor generator plugins, roof tiles etc -
index=2&list=PLQAfj95MdhTJ7zifNb5ab-n-TI0GmKwWQ&t=228s).

At this point Im leaning on the fence - but i think id love to see corona on blender!  :D

2017-05-20, 13:07:13
Reply #249

Buzzz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Rhino, pleaseeee!!!

2017-05-23, 14:03:48
Reply #250

baritskiy

• Users
    • View Profile
I want to see best render in best 3d modelling software. So I vote for Corona for MODO

2017-06-02, 15:00:08
Reply #251

haffy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Modo with some Corona scatter feature, as Modos is soooooo slow. And would love to be able to scatter different groups of objects on different maps (JPGs).
Would buy it today in any form of alpha, octane eats up my GPU and have to buy a new one...

2017-06-02, 15:16:16
Reply #252

nauticus25

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Revit integration would speed up my workflow quite a bit.  There are a lot of times where the architects want a "better than Revit" render, but don't have time for the full blown 3ds Max treatment.  Being able to leverage Corona in Revit would eliminate the import/cleanup/conversion steps.
i9-12900K @ 3.2GHz, 64GB RAM, 3090ti
Max 2024, Corona 10

2017-06-05, 12:03:07
Reply #253

MatEvil

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • www.art2upz.com
hi there,

any news or possible for Corona on Houdini? :)

thank you
Mat
CG Artist specialize @ Fluid and Dynamic
www.art2upz.com

2017-08-28, 18:40:13
Reply #254

steyin

• Active Users
  • BALLS
    • View Profile
    • Instagram Page
Any plans on further software integration with the new resources? Rhino, Revit, etc...

2017-10-01, 14:28:31
Reply #255

seggo66

• Users
    • View Profile

2017-10-09, 08:25:01
Reply #256

MM

• Users
    • View Profile
Modo for Arch-viz please.

2017-10-25, 10:22:37
Reply #257

Per Bergs

• Active Users
    • View Profile
1. Sketchup
2. Maya

2017-12-07, 09:54:32
Reply #258

Fire

• Users
    • View Profile
Notwithstanding that i'm a Maxwell Render user, I would gladly integrate even Corona Render in my pipeline, ...if there was a plugin for Lightwave3D!

2017-12-25, 06:48:04
Reply #259

tokyomegaplex

• Users
    • View Profile
houdini/maya for me. so surprised those are so low on this poll

2018-02-07, 08:29:59
Reply #260

Zorian

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Blender please. There is already working exporter but it needs improvements. I hope that isnt a big problem to make it work correctly.

2018-02-09, 20:49:59
Reply #261

djtartak

• Active Users
    • View Profile
blender please.
I'm in love with how corona handles interiors.
Would seriously consider buying a licence if it was integrated well with blender.

2018-02-12, 20:41:37
Reply #262

Kareemhafez

• Users
    • View Profile
Revit would be a great add - interior designers and architects which is a big part of users would be happy with this addition , specially its for one of the fastest growing software in the field and which will be soon the dominating one .

2018-02-15, 18:42:25
Reply #263

loocas

• Active Users
    • View Profile
It's 2018 and to me, personally, the most useful integration would be Corona + Nuke/Nuke Studio

2018-02-15, 19:08:08
Reply #264

slavcho

• Active Users
    • View Profile

2018-02-26, 15:07:19
Reply #265

michael

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Maya+Max are absolute kings, everybody is using them. My vote went for Houdini though because Houdini is the sweetest package there is - although used mainly for effects, not visualizations. Also, built in renderer, Mantra, is pretty sweet.

By supporting Maya you would challenge Arnold which would be hard as everyody is using Arnold with Maya. For Houdini it's even worse.

So maybe you should introduce the support for the "funny" stuff if you want to make the most moneyz (Sketchup/Rhino/Revit)? There is no other real competition for you for those aside VRay. I personally use 3ds max the most, although due to the nature of my work, i use all 3d packages really.

Why so many modo votes? it's so unreliable! I'm shocked by modo's position in the list :)

2018-03-19, 20:17:14
Reply #266

kined

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Maya! Chaos Group has to push this! this is insane, seems like big studios just not really heard how good corona is! IPR is as fast as Arnold, way faster then VRay! I want work in Maya with the same render as in Max and need Corona for sure be in the Maya.

2018-03-23, 18:46:17
Reply #267

Niko3D

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Maya! Chaos Group has to push this! this is insane, seems like big studios just not really heard how good corona is! IPR is as fast as Arnold, way faster then VRay! I want work in Maya with the same render as in Max and need Corona for sure be in the Maya.

IPR fast?Did you try VPR in Lightwave 3D?This is fast...

2018-03-29, 21:56:35
Reply #268

tanguybod

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Arf, so many needs !
BUT MAYA is my to go for an engine the level of Corona.
Houdini is to VFX oriented yet, so can wait a lil bit :)

2018-06-18, 19:40:03
Reply #269

Njen

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Cyan Eyed

You do know that Corona is CPU only, right? ;)

I actually installed Houdini over the weekend to see what the buzz is about, and was quite surprised how programmer-oriented the software is. I guess it would make sense to do integration only after we have working volumetric rendering solution though.

Remember this comment ;)

2018-06-18, 23:23:25
Reply #270

marqueso

• Active Users
    • View Profile

2018-07-03, 02:27:25
Reply #271

Erich

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Full integration into Blender

2018-07-11, 09:50:37
Reply #272

soso

• Active Users
    • View Profile

2018-07-15, 19:00:01
Reply #273

ben nvl

• Users
    • View Profile
Currently going from Houdini to Corona via Blender's exporter, but would love a Houdini integration!

2018-08-17, 11:33:40
Reply #274

skills

• Users
    • View Profile
Full integration into Cinema 4D!!! Please, leave the beta;-)...

2018-08-17, 12:07:45
Reply #275

Beanzvision

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Bengamin
    • View Profile
    • Cormats
Full integration into Cinema 4D!!! Please, leave the beta;-)...
One must have a beta before any official release. You wouldn't drive a car unless the wheels were bolted on would you? ;)
Bengamin Jerrems l chaos-corona.com
3D Support Specialist - Corona l contact us
Corona Uploader l Upload
Portfolio l Click me!

2018-09-06, 12:31:58
Reply #276

conchan

• Users
    • View Profile
Rhino would be great!!!

2018-10-09, 06:55:11
Reply #277

Sanekum

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Full Blender integration. Mr. Glen Blanchard doing excellent work on Blender plugin. But problem with textures in Corona 2 and above makes it one step back from production ready. Also interactive rendering will be a huge step forward.

2018-10-09, 10:14:01
Reply #278

Place

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I vote for Maya!
Still waiting news ont that front...

2018-10-16, 13:24:53
Reply #279

djotta

• Users
    • View Profile
Integrate into MAYA cause it is really popular software and has great community!

2018-10-22, 10:36:09
Reply #280

Nice

• Users
    • View Profile
Is this forum still on going? hoping corona for blender getting developed further

2018-11-19, 17:54:11
Reply #281

gpz

• Active Users
    • View Profile

2018-11-21, 16:02:10
Reply #282

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
yep, I still read this. It is still only for our information, trying to get some idea what the market wants, just one of many inputs we have in our development decisions

2018-12-10, 17:33:52
Reply #283

schelkov

• Active Users
    • View Profile
ofc maya, u already have plugin for maya, just finish it =)

2019-02-15, 18:09:49
Reply #284

Erald

• Active Users
    • View Profile
From what I see, the target of Corona Render is mostly the architecture industry (not movies and generic CGI like Vray). Corona team should really focus on what software is mostly used in professional architecture studios. By far they use mainly 3 softwares: 3dsMax - Rhino - Sketchup.  No one uses Maya, or Blender or other software in the big architecture studios (maybe a small percentage). In my humble opinion should be such a no brainer on what platform to bring Corona next.

2019-02-19, 23:03:22
Reply #285

actrask

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • actrask.com
^^^

+1 Sketchup

Would it be possible to run Corona/Sketchup on a Chromebook Pixel or Macbook?

2019-03-07, 15:23:48
Reply #286

gpz

• Active Users
    • View Profile

2019-03-16, 14:04:39
Reply #287

francesco pretelli

• Users
    • View Profile

2019-03-21, 09:11:48
Reply #288

velski

• Users
    • View Profile
I think Revit would be perfect

2019-04-14, 05:57:30
Reply #289

baritskiy

• Users
    • View Profile
Modo.  Only Modo. The best renderer + the best software for modelling = HAPPINESS!

2019-04-14, 18:06:51
Reply #290

gaia

• Users
    • View Profile
Houdini indie, because this is the  best powerfull low cost 3d software for freelances.

2019-04-14, 20:31:59
Reply #291

Noah45

• Active Users
  • press *1
    • View Profile
Corona to Unreal (seamlessly, IDK) Would love a Corona Interface for Unreals weird interface
Retail Illustrator  (for ever' 80's )
3DMax 2020/Corona Version: 6DB

2019-04-17, 07:48:31
Reply #292

schelkov

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Any news for Maya?

2019-04-17, 09:01:04
Reply #293

Philip kelly

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Sketchrender
UNREAL
Dell Precision T7910

2019-04-18, 11:13:23
Reply #294

ivoslav

• Users
    • View Profile
it would be perfect if it works with Maya - our Studio starts with Arch. Viz and we dont want to change to Max.

Regards,
Ivo

2019-08-12, 19:37:09
Reply #295

reb13

• Users
    • View Profile
Revit guys !!!

where are my revit users

2019-08-12, 20:48:25
Reply #296

Philip kelly

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Sketchrender
UNREAL
Dell Precision T7910

2019-08-19, 01:06:02
Reply #297

filipskrzat

• Active Users
    • View Profile
with the new blender 2.8... blender please

2019-08-21, 10:03:33
Reply #298

Tanakov

• Active Users
  • Corona is faster than diarrhea
    • View Profile
    • https://www.behance.net/Gringott
Hello, as I don't know where to ask this question when will the 100% Vray integration claimed a year ago be a thing?

There's still a ton of options missing and Im no expert but that claim is long overdue.
Using Corona since 2014-01-02
https://www.behance.net/Gringott

2019-08-21, 14:41:49
Reply #299

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
We never claimed 100% V-Ray compatibility - the information was that the standard V-Ray materials and Lights were supported, and we'd work on further compatibility at some point (that point was never specified, nor was the order of priority for remaining items).
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2019-10-27, 03:03:33
Reply #300

nicolas_nqn

• Users
    • View Profile
Hi, most architects use Sketchup and most architects use corona, i was part of the of the group of people testing corona on sketchup, please bring it back....

2019-10-30, 22:58:07
Reply #301

Mohammadreza Mohseni

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
Unreal and SketchUp integration would be great.

2020-02-29, 12:30:13
Reply #302

iAlex

• Users
    • View Profile
I know a lot creative Maya artists, who would be happy about such a renderer with creative lighting (lightmix)…
As we already have Vray for Maya, I don't understand why there still isn't Corona.

2020-02-29, 15:26:54
Reply #303

Philip kelly

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Sketchrender
UNREAL
Dell Precision T7910

2020-03-01, 09:31:21
Reply #304

prince_jr

• Active Users
    • View Profile

2020-03-01, 19:37:13
Reply #305

burnin

• Active Users
    • View Profile

2020-05-27, 17:03:31
Reply #306

kakashi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi, most architects use Sketchup and most architects use corona, i was part of the of the group of people testing corona on sketchup, please bring it back....

Same here. I miss corona but the office I'm in only has sketchup. I'm currently triyng to get my head around using vray next. If there was a sketchup exporter and a standalone corona I'd be very happy.

2020-06-10, 21:35:54
Reply #307

Scope

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Full Blender integration just has to happen one day. There are studios switching over to Blender right now as it gets better and better with each update. For many artists that would like to switch to Corona from Blender the only thing that keeps them from doing so is the fact that you need to pay for 3D software (like 3Ds Max) which is unnecessary for them. Maybe you should reach out to Blender developers to see if they would be interested in helping you write a working plugin.

2020-07-07, 22:01:56
Reply #308

juninholiveira

• Active Users
    • View Profile
A full blender integration NEED to happen, sooner or later. Many archviz artists are switching to Blender, bt the renderes that it currently have isn't enough for high quality work, as we do in Max or C4D + Corona. Please guys, take a look at the licensing problems you had before with Blender and see if there is a workaround now, or if a full integration is possible now.

Blender is such a great software for archviz, it has the same potential as 3ds max for scene organizing and design, and it's free! The problem for archviz (which is the goal of Corona) is that it's renderes are not good enough (Cycles and Eevee). Besides that, it doesn't have a very big asset library as we do in Max. But if the renderer problem is solved (aka, Corona released for Blender), with time more and more assets librarys will start to appear for Blender, and then Blender will possible become the industry standard for archviz.

2020-07-12, 20:15:42
Reply #309

Tok_Tok

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I vote for Blender as well. I'm dying to switch to Blender because 3ds max is just so awful. It's slow, crashes all the time and get the minimal amount of new features/improvements. A package that is as good as Blender and is also free is actually a dream come true. But I have to wait until either Corona or Fstorm is available for it.

So big vote for Blender!

2020-08-03, 13:12:42
Reply #310

djayart

• Users
    • View Profile

2020-09-01, 18:20:27
Reply #311

himanshudas783

• Users
    • View Profile
Please do for blender

2020-09-15, 22:28:03
Reply #312

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi all! First, thank you for the information on which software you are using, where you would like to have Corona Renderer as an option.

We've kept this poll open for many years now, but there's an unfortunate truth that we've discovered along the way: we are simply not getting enough good new developers added to the team to meet the extensive challenges that come with integrating Corona into new software. Since we can't sacrifice speed or quality of development on our core Cinema 4D and 3ds Max versions, we've found that it's not possible for us to develop Corona for other software at the moment.

It's experience that has been the teacher here, as in the past we had started development on several other versions of Corona only to find ourselves stretched too thin and we had to stop the development (Maya, SketchUp, and ARCHICAD for example).

With that in mind, with things as they are right now we must focus on our 3ds Max and Cinema 4D versions and we can't look into developing Corona for other software. For those reasons, in order to save disappointment when someone votes in the poll, we are going to lock this thread so that there are no new votes or comments.

Our apologies for any disappointment that you won't soon see Corona developed for your favorite application. As a note, we are locking it and not deleting it, as things can change and we may come back to the information here in the future!
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us