Author Topic: Some Bugs in the released Corona 10  (Read 978 times)

2023-07-12, 20:21:49

BardhylM

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Behance
Just wanted to share a few problems I came across while in the new Corona 10 version.
- First is not a bug probably just more of a problem in workflow and I do not know if this was always the case (as we couldn't use the camera inside volumes) but with camera clipping turned on, the box that is with a volume material if it is being clipped the fog completely disappears. I know that a box clipped would be an open geometry, but isn't the volume material supposed to be working different in this matter.
- Tried giving the camera a physical size other than 0 (the new option) and the VFB just stops working. This happens while the camera clipping is on and also off, does not matter I think. Just in a new scene, create a plane and a teapot, a sun with sky to light the scene and add a camera from the view. If I go to the camera settings and add a value to camera physical size, I can not work in Interactive render anymore.
- A minor thing in VFB, when you save a view in history panel and want to compare with the new changed image, with the "Show with original postprocessing" on it does not actually show the bloom in saved image.
I'm on 3ds Max 2024 and Corona 10 released version.

2023-07-13, 09:56:18
Reply #1

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Thank you very much for reporting all of this - we will double check everything and make sure everything that can be fixed is fixed.

Just some notes for the future to make your and others' lives easier:
- Please report one issue per one forum thread
- Calling a thread "bugs" and starting it with "not a bug" is not the best idea :)

This issue "Tried giving the camera a physical size other than 0 (the new option) and the VFB just stops working" is already fixed in the daily builds nad will be a part of Corona 10 Hotfix 1 (to be released soon).

Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2023-07-13, 10:13:34
Reply #2

BardhylM

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Behance
Glad to hear that it is fixed and is not a lot of work!
As per clustering the thread with "problems", I did not want to spam the forum with threads or hijack another post with similar content.
I was more of team oriented ask if I was doing something wrong.

But noted, I see that it would be better to classify and order threads for others to find easier if needed.

2023-07-13, 17:50:45
Reply #3

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
The first issue - camera clipping and volume mtl - is reported (Internal ID=1159179799) .
We will see if it can be fixed, but unfortunately it may be expected. The same thing happens if you cut through a mesh with Corona Volume Mtl using another object with Corona Slicer Mtl (unless you enable capping). So the issue is that objects are, understandably, not capped when using camera clipping.

2023-07-13, 19:30:07
Reply #4

BardhylM

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Behance
Understandable, I agree now with the practice and it is not an issue as it is working as it should I guess.
Just thought that as a Volume material it was being calculated differently in a sense similar to voxel gridding.
But again how does Max know what is a Volume. Other solution would be adding a exclude option in clipping, but that would just complicate more the UI and the concept of simplicity.

2023-07-17, 16:17:21
Reply #5

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
I was also able to reproduce the bloom and glare issue with VFB history and logged it for the devs.

(Internal ID=1160624638)

2023-11-15, 20:19:46
Reply #6

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Corona for 3ds Max QA Team
    • View Profile
I was also able to reproduce the bloom and glare issue with VFB history and logged it for the devs.

(Internal ID=1160624638)
Hi,

The bloom and glare issue has been fixed in v11. You can grab the latest daily build from here: https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=40442.0

Rowan
Please read this before reporting bugs: How to report issues to us!
Send me your scene!