Author Topic: Still life  (Read 4742 times)

2015-02-18, 00:03:07

mh

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • houra.cz
Roses, pomegranate and a baseball bat.

first more serious test of corona, good renderer:)

Corona + 3ds Max

---

2015-02-18, 00:10:00
Reply #1

Chakib

• Active Users
  • Corona Omnomnomer !
    • View Profile
Wow !
Day after day i'm pleased to see such results using Corona , thank you talented artists !
How much time did you spend to model this scene ?
« Last Edit: 2015-02-18, 00:14:56 by Chakib »

2015-02-18, 00:51:32
Reply #2

snakebox

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Snakebox Media
What I find interesting is that because Corona works under such strict restrictions, it has actually made me personally "better" at using vray as well, purely because some of things I have to do, I can translate to vray (while having many many more options), and the results are not all that different, just slightly different work flows.  My point is, I think part of the reason why a lot of people after a short time gets very decent results in Corona.. compared to say Vray these days, is just the easy of use. There is no tweaking, no real technical thinking and you get to see exactly what you get within seconds.

Lovely way of working :)

Oh.. and nice image too :D  keep it up!

2015-02-18, 01:38:49
Reply #3

mh

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • houra.cz
Thanks!

I agree - although all that can be a downside as well, personally I would love to have more control in corona (better include/exclude in lights, being to able to turn off diffuse part in lights etc) simply because often you need that extra push to get the image you want or not having to do a few iterations with different lighting setups would be a huge time saver.
---

2015-02-18, 07:30:50
Reply #4

aTanguay

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Nice!

Love the flowers and the vase.

2017-09-10, 21:12:46
Reply #5

octavtirziu

• Active Users
  • instagram.com/octavtirziu/
    • View Profile
    • octavtirziu.com
did you model the flowers?

2017-09-10, 21:52:07
Reply #6

melviso

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Portfoilo
Thanks!

I agree - although all that can be a downside as well, personally I would love to have more control in corona (better include/exclude in lights, being to able to turn off diffuse part in lights etc) simply because often you need that extra push to get the image you want or not having to do a few iterations with different lighting setups would be a huge time saver.

Exactly, there are a lot of things at play for convincing and photorealistic lighting to be achieved. Understanding light is kinda complex and it involves good control and manipulation to get it to look right. Lighting itself plays a very big role in getting photorealistic results. Even with the best materials and textures, perfected lighting cannot be undermined. More control for lights would be nice in Corona.
Great work, mate
« Last Edit: 2017-09-10, 21:57:53 by melviso »

2017-09-14, 20:38:17
Reply #7

omarniaz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
This is just amazing and outstanding piece of art, chapeau you couldn't do any better....