Author Topic: [solved] Always the same color with CoronaMultimap  (Read 419 times)

2024-03-03, 14:47:48

archimi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi everybody

I have a strange problem and I can't figure out where I made a mistake or if there is a bug.
I created basic objects by extruding Splines, except one which is a Box. All of these objects have been converted to Editable Poly. I even applied an Xform Reset to each of them. They are not linked to each other by anything.
And yet when I apply a basic material to them with a CoronaMultimap color set to “instance”, they all have the same color, regardless of the Seed value. (picture 1) And if I copy these objects, the new ones receive random colors. (picture 2) Where does this strange behavior come from?

I attached the Max file.
I am running 3ds max 2024.2 and Corona 11 (hotfix 1)
« Last Edit: 2024-04-01, 19:23:09 by maru »

2024-03-03, 19:32:42
Reply #1

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
It's not a bug. All your objects share exactly the same name. Corona multi map uses object's names to identify them. Assign unique names to the objects and multi map will work as expected.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2024-03-03, 20:01:58
Reply #2

archimi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks a lot for your answer.
I finally understand why !
I had tried everything except the name thing. I thought the software would use "internal" names and not the names we give.

thanks again

2024-03-03, 23:19:45
Reply #3

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
You're welcome. To be honest i find it strange too, but IIRC devs said that there's no other way how to address specific object in 3ds Max, other than by its name.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures