Author Topic: Why my pc is getting out of RAM. The file is small, there is almost nothing on3d  (Read 881 times)

2022-07-30, 17:45:35

felipeamorim

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hey, guys!
I am working on a project, just started. The file has 100mb, some maxtree grass (3 scatters) and some bridge textures.

Some times something changes that the render is not possible because de RAM asked is more than 160Gb. It doenst make sense because i have  worked with much bigger archives with more complex objects and textures.

I am using and SSD Samasung T7, dont know if these matters..

Sorry about the english

2022-07-30, 18:02:08
Reply #1

pokoy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
File size doesn't really matter - what matters is what you're doing within that file.
Are you using displacement with too small settings? Or even legacy displacement mode prior to v7 (or v6, sorry can't remember). Displacement can cause excessive memory usage with very small values.
Are you using render passes/channels? These will allocate the same memory as the main beauty render for each pass. If you don't need them, try to disable them and see if that helps.

Since the scene is relatively lean, maybe submit a ticket and include the file. I think support will be able to quickly identify the problem.

2022-07-30, 19:08:27
Reply #2

felipeamorim

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I turned off displacements and it gots better.

Do you think that "fault tolerant heap" has something with the performance? i dont know what its means

2022-07-30, 23:32:46
Reply #3

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Yes, it definitely can negatively affect the performance. It is advisable to follow the link in the error message and address the issue.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures