Author Topic: Kangaroo Lounge  (Read 3595 times)

2020-06-27, 00:31:53

KhalidMysterious

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Kangaroo Lounge Chair

Chair : Kangaroo Chair by Pierre Jeanneret
https://3dsky.org/3dmodels/show/kangaroo_chair_by_pierre_jeanneret_1

LINK REMOVED TO FREE DOWNLOAD OF A COMMERCIALLY AVAILABLE PRODUCT - Tom

Thaks :)
« Last Edit: 2020-07-03, 18:46:03 by KhalidMysterious »

2020-06-29, 17:34:12
Reply #1

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Two questions:
1) On Behance, you wrote that the tools were 3ds Max and V-Ray, so was this image made with Corona or V-Ray??
2) What is the exact license for this model? Can it be redistributed? Sold? Used for commercial and personal projects? Is there some credit required?
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2020-07-03, 00:06:51
Reply #2

KhalidMysterious

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello sir.. all my post here are posted are corona renderer.. and  yea i misstagged on behance i fixed it sorry about it..
and yes this chair is Kangaroo Chair by Pierre Jeanneret available to download in 3d model websites

2020-07-03, 14:00:09
Reply #3

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
A follow up question - your download from Behance does NOT include the chair, right? Because the chair is a purchased item from 3D Sky, so is not something you can redistribute (either for sale, or for free) - people would have to go to the 3dsky link and purchase the chair for themselves.
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2020-07-03, 18:11:22
Reply #4

KhalidMysterious

• Active Users
    • View Profile
A follow up question - your download from Behance does NOT include the chair, right? Because the chair is a purchased item from 3D Sky, so is not something you can redistribute (either for sale, or for free) - people would have to go to the 3dsky link and purchase the chair for themselves.

Hello Sir,
The link of the chair is in the behance  the main purpose of the scene was only chair.. i bought the chair long time ago.. and i decided to share.. and many people downloaded it..i guess....
« Last Edit: 2020-07-03, 18:25:12 by KhalidMysterious »

2020-07-03, 18:33:02
Reply #5

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
If you purchased the chair, then unless the license says otherwise you are NOT allowed to redistribute it - after all, each download for free from you is one sale lost for the person who made the chair. I would double check your license for that download, it seems unlikely a product for sale is allowed to be redistributed, which would put you in breach of the law.

2020-07-03, 18:39:43
Reply #6

KhalidMysterious

• Active Users
    • View Profile
If you purchased the chair, then unless the license says otherwise you are NOT allowed to redistribute it - after all, each download for free from you is one sale lost for the person who made the chair. I would double check your license for that download, it seems unlikely a product for sale is allowed to be redistributed, which would put you in breach of the law.
not sure because many pro models are available to download as free bundle for istance

i modified the post as well as my behance... with the respect of your your last quote..

moderator's note: i removed link to warez site - there's absolutely no need to advertize and share illegal stuff.
« Last Edit: 2020-07-03, 20:09:04 by romullus »

2020-07-03, 18:41:33
Reply #7

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Oops I was modifying your post too, sorry :) Better safe than sorry and removing the free download.

Thing is many sites out there are redistributing things for free that are not actually free - I can't speak for the 3dmili.com, but just because it exists for free on some site doesn't mean it really is free and can be legally redistributed. We've certainly seen others where known commercial content was being given away for free - it's a sad thing that sites exist that do that :(

2020-07-03, 18:43:13
Reply #8

KhalidMysterious

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Oops I was modifying your post too, sorry :) Better safe than sorry and removing the free download.

Thing is many sites out there are redistributing things for free that are not actually free - I can't speak for the 3dmili.com, but just because it exists for free on some site doesn't mean it really is free and can be legally redistributed.
alright haha i already wrote on my post if u wish to download .. i just like to share though if its against something for sure i will never repeat it again. and thaks alot for correcting me :)

2020-07-03, 18:46:07
Reply #9

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
NP thanks for being open and honest, and making the change! In general, models and textures you purchase you are allowed to use in images and animations, and you can do what you like with the images and animations (sell them, give them away for free), but you can't sell or give away the actual 3D model or the texture, including in any way where it might reasonably be extracted (in the case of a texture, rendering a square painted with the texture from directly above is not sharing a render, it's just pretending you are not giving away the texture ;) ).

Generally, look for things under the Creative Commons licenses like CC0, those are free to download and free to redistribute (but still be careful, as there are other Creative Commons licenses that are free to download but still restrict what you can do with the content you download). In general, better safe than sorry, and unless something has a license that you can point to which explicitly says you can redistribute it, then best NOT to redistribute it :)

2020-07-03, 20:11:21
Reply #10

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
3d-mili is a warez site. Everything you see there is stolen and being shared illegally.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2020-07-03, 20:37:23
Reply #11

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks romullus - I did have my doubts on seeing the site, but have never seen it before nor explored it so I couldn't say that it was one of those sites. Turns out that it is, exactly the kind of thing I meant about "just because it's on some 3D download site somewhere doesn't mean it's legitimately a free download".

2020-07-03, 22:04:54
Reply #12

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Yes, one has to be very careful and suspicious when he sees a site with ton of free models, especially when those models are being sold on legitimate marketplaces.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures