Author Topic: Corona Distributed Render LAN problem  (Read 1561 times)

2021-01-23, 08:03:37

SUZY

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello Guys, it's my first time trying to connect my 2 PC's to try Corona Render DR Server. Whenever i try to add my other computer in the list it doesn't load when i press on Search LAN, also when i add it manually it disappears after i click on search LAN.

]My questions for this problem is:

1st- I'm connecting the two computers without internet, just directly LAN connection between both, do i have to connect them both to the router through LAN connection?

2nd- Does 3DsMax Version affect the connection, do they have to be the same 3DsMax Version for Corona DR to work?

3rd- There is no Autodesk Backburner 2020, does this mean i have to use Corona Renderer 5 or earlier versions?

Thanks in advance. (:

2021-01-25, 16:36:21
Reply #1

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Corona for 3ds Max QA Team
    • View Profile
Hi,

Which versions of Corona and 3ds Max are you using?

Can the computers talk to each other? i.e. are you able to ping the other machines IP address? You don't have to connect the machines through a router, but in some cases it can help.

This might also help: https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/12000002050-my-render-nodes-are-not-visible-on-the-list-after-pressing-search-lan-

You maybe need to create a exception in the firewall for the DR server application.

Mixing different versions of 3ds max might work, but it could create some unexpected behaviour.

From 3ds max 2019 onwards you don't have to have backburner installed to use DR with Corona and 3ds Max.

Cheers,

Rowan
Please read this before reporting bugs: How to report issues to us!
Send me your scene!