Author Topic: Best vegetation pack for corona  (Read 28188 times)

2016-05-01, 21:07:03
Reply #30

rambambulli

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I admit. I am afraid.

p.s. I emailed the author, asking if he is willing to create a 3ds max version.

2016-05-02, 12:01:22
Reply #31

ktulu

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I did the same, while also pointing him to this thread.

His answer below:
Thanks for letting me know there is interest from 3ds Max users. I've given a lot of thought to creating plugins for other software and it would sure be great. And 3ds Max is a logical choice for a tool aimed at architectural/landscape architecture. I actually created a 3ds Max plugin about 15 years ago, nothing to do with trees though... The thing is that I know too well how much time it takes to code a plugin properly, whether for blender or 3ds Max. Even if the functionality side is done. Let alone to update multiple plugins. So if I'm doing this, I need a lot of time for it.

2016-05-02, 12:36:45
Reply #32

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
I am afraid of using Blender (I have seizure just just looking at the UI), but I guess I'll bite the bullet for this. It seems everything I ever wished in tree app.

In that case you'd better start bumping this feature request: https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php/topic,8833.0.html as i don't think that it will be pleasant experience to try distribute millions of leaves with max's native scatterer :]
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2016-05-02, 12:42:22
Reply #33

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Outside of appearing stupid... is double instancing possible ? If your branches are instanced (this is btw the approach Alex Roman took as well if you read his book), can you then instance the whole "group" without some issues (3dsMax or rendering side) ? Or scatter it ?

Most trees on market are single-mesh, but that is exactly why they don't look like trees at all. You can't make sub 10-milion poly tree that looks like tree from anywhere else than aerial view.
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2016-05-02, 17:59:27
Reply #34

Marcus

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • The Subdivision
Very interesting topic!

So I decited to give TheGrove a try. Together with the black alder twig.
I didn't dig deep into the parameters. (I'm also bit afraid of blender's UI)

So I just used a alder preset and hit the grow-button several times.
Here is the first result.

(I don't put any work in the uvs and bark textures, as you probably can see. ;) )

2016-05-02, 20:44:07
Reply #35

micmac

• Active Users
    • View Profile

2016-05-03, 11:10:53
Reply #36

micmac

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Maru says that Corona customers are provided with a discount coupon for Mawtree shop. Where can i find those coupon?

2016-05-03, 11:46:42
Reply #37

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Try to contact Corona support: https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/support/tickets/new I'm sure they will be happy to help you.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2016-05-03, 11:52:55
Reply #38

pressenter

• Active Users
  • PressEnter Design
    • View Profile
    • PressEnter Design
micmac - I think you should've received your discount code with your "Discounts email" when you bought Corona.

In regards to a best vegetation pack I've always enjoyed the iCube pack, tho I'm not sure how they relate to reality. The fir and pine trees packs look great in a cgi tho. Right now if I'd be investing in anything it would be my own time to learn growfx, especially as it is so easy to use in animation as well.

Best
Simon

2016-05-05, 11:20:54
Reply #39

DarcTheo

• Active Users
    • View Profile
we have the maxtree packs though after using maxtree volume 1 the grasses, I've found they dont import well into scenes. They are very very dark compared to their example renders. I contacted them and checked out their sample scene. It seems they are rendered over exposed to look like that.

Anyone else used these grasses? any tips for adjusting the materials?