Author Topic: Merging objects during IR is crashing Max  (Read 12069 times)

2020-02-03, 15:07:10
Reply #15

Bormax

• Active Users
    • View Profile
+1

I always forget, and max crashes, and i have to redo whatever was not saved / autosaved...

Regards.

I'm now working with Daily build 01-27-2020 - it stops IR automatically if I merge something. Yes, I have to start IR again after merging, but at least it doesn't crash Max.  Newer build is out, but I didn't try it yet

2020-02-03, 15:31:52
Reply #16

hldemi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

We are still working on this one, I am unable to give any timescales.

Thanks,

Rowan

That means a lot to me. That you guys at Corona didnt give up on this. Looking forward to the day this gets resolved.

2020-02-03, 15:33:10
Reply #17

hldemi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
+1

I always forget, and max crashes, and i have to redo whatever was not saved / autosaved...

Regards.

I'm now working with Daily build 01-27-2020 - it stops IR automatically if I merge something. Yes, I have to start IR again after merging, but at least it doesn't crash Max.  Newer build is out, but I didn't try it yet

Thats sounds great. At least I dont have to keep one more thing in mind while I think about hundred other things while working.

2020-05-22, 16:26:42
Reply #18

info@buildest.it

• Users
    • View Profile
I have the same problem (corona 5 3ds max 2021) only corona 3 works fine.
Please solve bugs quikly!!!!

2020-06-13, 12:10:55
Reply #19

hldemi

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Everybody is having this bug since Corona 3 as far as I know. If anyone does not , I would like to know .
This also seems like insanely hard to fix since it takes so long. I cannot fathom why but I trust Corona team that its hard. Those bugs are not intuitive in their complexity to solve.

2020-06-15, 08:48:48
Reply #20

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Corona for 3ds Max QA Team
    • View Profile
Hi guys,

I know this one is taking a while to fix, but we did not forget about it.

In the v6 daily builds there is a partial fix/workaround for this. The IR will automatically stop when the objects are merged, so this will avoid the crash.

I will let you know when I have some further updates about this.

Cheers,

Rowan
Please read this before reporting bugs: How to report issues to us!
Send me your scene!

2020-06-15, 09:52:54
Reply #21

pokoy

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Everybody is having this bug since Corona 3 as far as I know. If anyone does not , I would like to know .
This also seems like insanely hard to fix since it takes so long. I cannot fathom why but I trust Corona team that its hard. Those bugs are not intuitive in their complexity to solve.

I don't really understand why people expect merging to be a trivial thing in 3ds max, let alone Corona to handle it. Max has a notoriously hyperactive notification system that runs all the time and sends info forth and back all the time and is triggered almost all the time without a reason. It includes all areas when merging - file i/o, geometry, modifiers, lights, controllers, animation and keyframes, materials and maps, even the UI seems to be involved. Expecting Corona to run smoothly while merging and perform perfectly is maybe too much.
Also, there are minor changes between each version of Max. Something that worked in 2016 won't work in 2019 or 2020, and it's perfectly possible that the Corona team is not even aware of these changes because some of them may be undocumented. Or there could be bugs that no one knows about yet, why would you expect the Corona team to work around stuff when they just can't? They will probably never be able to catch up, and it may not be within their power anyway.

Please guys, stop expecting the impossible and just accept that stopping the IR by yourself prior to merging is probably the most reasonable thing to do. It's not that much of an inconvenience, is it? Let the team focus on other things instead.

2020-06-18, 21:31:15
Reply #22

hldemi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi guys,

I know this one is taking a while to fix, but we did not forget about it.

In the v6 daily builds there is a partial fix/workaround for this. The IR will automatically stop when the objects are merged, so this will avoid the crash.

I will let you know when I have some further updates about this.

Cheers,

Rowan

Thanks. This is actually all the fix I need. Since often I get so excited and into creating the scene that I just forget to stop IR and then I lose part of progress and have to restart the max. Its frustrating. The way you describe part fix is all I need. Cant wait for Version 6. So happy now.

2020-06-18, 21:36:25
Reply #23

hldemi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Pokoy

Listen, 3ds max is same for all render engines and yet all other engines merge fine with IR open. So its only logical to expect same from the exception.  Its big inconvenience at least for me. My workflow revolves around stopping and starting IR over 100 times during the each scene making and its big distraction from what I do. I need to be concentrated on creation of art and not to worry too much over something that can crash my scene in each of these 100 instances. So speak for yourself.