Author Topic: Corona Interior Lighting  (Read 2368 times)

2020-10-01, 17:17:28

CullenJCreations

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Image is attached.
 Currently I only have a corona sun and sky in the scene for lighting. I wanted to hear from you guys about how you would light this scene further. ( before you ask, yes there are portals on the outside of the windows)

2020-10-01, 17:24:04
Reply #1

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hint - Use Corona 6 and get rid of those portals :)
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2020-10-01, 17:28:40
Reply #2

CullenJCreations

• Active Users
    • View Profile
ooo I havnt updated my corona in a bit!

2020-10-01, 17:35:02
Reply #3

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Definitely worth the update, now is the time! You can then either delete the portals, or just leave them there since they are ignored totally and have zero effect on the scene. And in future scenes, you never need to spend the time setting those up :)

2020-10-01, 17:37:19
Reply #4

CullenJCreations

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hint - Use Corona 6 and get rid of those portals :)

If I have a scene from v5 that has sun and sky, it should automatically use the newest version of the sun and sky right? or would it default to the v5 version unless I delete and add them again?

2020-10-01, 17:39:05
Reply #5

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
You don't need to delete or re-add - both the old and new are options within the Sun and within the Sky. So you can just switch to whichever you prefer at any time.

EDIT - as a note, that's totally different from the portals issue, which is solved with the new Adaptive Environment Solver. Sun and Sky don't play a role in whether portals are needed or not. You can't swap back to using portals in Corona 6, they have been removed entirely.

2020-10-01, 17:41:50
Reply #6

CullenJCreations

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Dope, You've been a big help. Still trying to figure out how to realistically fill the room with light though. I've done it in 100s of other scenes but this ones unique for some reason.

2020-10-01, 17:45:39
Reply #7

CullenJCreations

• Active Users
    • View Profile
You don't need to delete or re-add - both the old and new are options within the Sun and within the Sky. So you can just switch to whichever you prefer at any time.

EDIT - as a note, that's totally different from the portals issue, which is solved with the new Adaptive Environment Solver. Sun and Sky don't play a role in whether portals are needed or not. You can't swap back to using portals in Corona 6, they have been removed entirely.
Actually, the lights are even better in this, I set up lights how I previously had them and looks great now!

2020-10-01, 17:47:17
Reply #8

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Great to hear! Enjoy the new version :)

2020-10-01, 17:51:35
Reply #9

CullenJCreations