Author Topic: 3Ds Max Catagory  (Read 10414 times)

2014-09-15, 19:07:48
Reply #15

K u r a i

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I was being tongue-in-cheek with your generalization! My forum is the one I posted a link to for you a while back. I wasn't making any real point, just joining in.

You must forgive me.... I don't have a photographic memory. But, your avatar does ring a bell... it's abit creepy :)
It's funny (and abit shallow) but I do respond more favourably to people with nice avatars. Members seem obsessed by having avatars relating to death & destruction... for example DeathClown. When I looked at his real photo ID on his site he looked like a nice guy. It's like all CG designers are members of Hells Angels.

Just to satisfy my curiosity... what is the Forum again.... what is your name on the site (as a point of reference) and will you help me out.... or throw me to the CG wolves?

2014-09-15, 19:12:37
Reply #16

zzubnik

• Active Users
    • View Profile

You must forgive me.... I don't have a photographic memory. But, your avatar does ring a bell... it's abit creepy :)
It's funny (and abit shallow) but I do respond more favourably to people with nice avatars. Members seem obsessed by having avatars relating to death & destruction... for example DeathClown. When I looked at his real photo ID on his site he looked like a nice guy. It's like all CG designers are members of Hells Angels.

Just to satisfy my curiosity... what is the Forum again.... what is your name on the site (as a point of reference) and will you help me out.... or throw me to the CG wolves?

Ha ha, my avatar is a bit creepy I guess. It's a dwarf office worker with Futurama brain slug on his head. In real life, I just look like a normal guy, honest!

The forum was Maxforums.org. It can be quiet, noisy and at times people really do say what they think, but there are some really clever people there, some of them working for well-known studios. It's an alternative to the stiffness of some other forums. It's been running for nearly 15 years now, if I remember correctly. My username there is my real name, Nik Clark. We have a team of moderators who (when they are around) generally greet new users and warn them to expect honest opinions and that running-jokes may be used. Some love the place, others don't, but you would always be welcome there.

Anyway, I have a child to feed, I must go.

2014-09-15, 20:10:34
Reply #17

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile

Although moderators have a hard time of it.... I think they should create a new position.... 'The Ambassodor'. These people will go about connecing people on the forum and help them settle in.
No other forum has ever adopted this approach. Instead of the sink and swim approach I feel beginners should be nurtured alittle.

I already do that - when somebody posts some more thought-out first post, I reply with http://temp.keymaster.cz/pony/welcomeToTheHerd.gif :D
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2014-09-15, 20:53:28
Reply #18

K u r a i

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Although moderators have a hard time of it.... I think they should create a new position.... 'The Ambassodor'. These people will go about connecing people on the forum and help them settle in.
No other forum has ever adopted this approach. Instead of the sink and swim approach I feel beginners should be nurtured alittle.

I already do that - when somebody posts some more thought-out first post, I reply with http://temp.keymaster.cz/pony/welcomeToTheHerd.gif :D

My first post was...."A warning to all newbies".... which caused a global meltdown. The funny thing is that I actually watered the post down before sending.... I did not get a "Welcome to the Herd" message, Mr Keymaster. But, all is not lost, I will try this MaxForum.org and be out of your hair for a bit. You should now sleep better :)

2014-09-15, 20:56:15
Reply #19

K u r a i

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Ha ha, my avatar is a bit creepy I guess. It's a dwarf office worker with Futurama brain slug on his head. In real life, I just look like a normal guy, honest!

The forum was Maxforums.org. It can be quiet, noisy and at times people really do say what they think, but there are some really clever people there, some of them working for well-known studios. It's an alternative to the stiffness of some other forums. It's been running for nearly 15 years now, if I remember correctly. My username there is my real name, Nik Clark. We have a team of moderators who (when they are around) generally greet new users and warn them to expect honest opinions and that running-jokes may be used. Some love the place, others don't, but you would always be welcome there.

Anyway, I have a child to feed, I must go.

Okay, Nik, I have joined under the name K u r a i.
Looking forward to asking lots of Max questions.... some may disturb your sleep at night.

2014-09-15, 23:37:44
Reply #20

juang3d

• Active Users
    • View Profile
BTW - Are you the owner of Corona disguised a a normal member? :) 

Hahaha, no, I'm a normal user, a small studio director in love with Corona, it's our main render engine since three projects already, I'll make them public soon.

Cheers!

2014-09-16, 09:51:02
Reply #21

K u r a i

• Active Users
    • View Profile

I sent a post about getting into Maxforums but I have resolved the problem.... concerning changing password.

« Last Edit: 2014-09-16, 10:04:27 by K u r a i »