Author Topic: Standalone Network Renderserver  (Read 1629 times)

2023-07-27, 08:16:44

HFPatzi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Good Morning!

First of, i have no idea if this is even possible, but what about a Standalone Solution for Corona Network Rendering?

We have a small renderfarm consisting of one Server Machine and two client Machines. The server runs cinema's teamrender server, the clients run cinema's teamrender client software. To be honest, i'm sick and tired of cinema's teamrender solution in this configuration. The server software is just not robust at all. It is very delicate on how fast you start jobs after each other, cancelling and deleting jobs is just a plain nightmare. When you have to restart the server software, all of a sudden, jobs with status finished are in the queue again, even jobs you manually deleted on the servers file system are back after a restart and blocking the queue with status "failed" wich forces you to restart the server again. It's simply not possible to rely on that setup at all.

So my hope is, that you can come up with something robust and relyable, so that i can just drop as many jobs as i want and it renders, without having me to check every 30 minutes if everything runs fine.

Would be interesting to hear your opinion on that ;)

Thank you and have a great day!

Moritz

2023-09-13, 10:16:44
Reply #1

Beanzvision

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Bengamin
    • View Profile
    • Cormats
Hi Moritz, thanks for the request. I have logged it for consideration.
(Internal ID=1201491115)
Bengamin Jerrems l
Portfolio l Click me!

2023-09-13, 10:44:20
Reply #2

mte

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • www.m-te.de
What you are looking for is a Rendermanager like: https://www.royalrender.de/index.php/startseite.html
I was so sick of the whole Teamrender shit, as well. RoyalRender woks really well and there is a nice and fast support.

Deadline is another solution, but I don't know anything about this product.

2023-09-13, 13:44:55
Reply #3

HFPatzi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hey!

Thanks for considering bengamin! :)

@mte: I considered royal render too. Does it support corona? I didn't find anything about that on their website.

2023-09-13, 14:07:00
Reply #4

mte

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • www.m-te.de
Hi Moritz,

RoyalRender is only a render manager. It has very little to do with the RenderEngine.
You need the C4D Commandline-Render license, that is available in Packs of 5 lics and the Corona Render Node license.

We use C4d with Corona as our main RenderEngine, all managed by RoyalRender.

2023-09-13, 14:14:51
Reply #5

HFPatzi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Ah cool. Then i got that wrong. Thanks for clarifying ;)
I guess i have to have a little talk with my boss then, who is always happy to spend money :D

2023-09-13, 14:21:29
Reply #6

mte

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • www.m-te.de
...who is always happy to spend money

That's a lie, and you know it. 😅

2023-09-13, 14:30:10
Reply #7

HFPatzi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
hehehe, somehow i forgot the sarcasm marker :D

2023-09-13, 21:59:31
Reply #8

Philw

• Active Users
    • View Profile
+1 for Deadline

As long as you have the C4D commandline licences and sufficient Corona render node licences then should be good.

Central storage such as NAS and a machine to run the Deadline database are best. Once the initial head scratching of the install is done it’s solid. It’s free for 10 users nowadays.