Author Topic: an unofficial Hotfix for Quixel Bridge 3dsMax Plugin (version 5.0)  (Read 11286 times)

2021-05-08, 15:27:07

Mohammadreza Mohseni

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
I recently installed the 3ds Max 2022 which is super awesome but I found some strange problem with the bridge 3dsMax plugin. so I fix it. Hope it useful for somebody.

the zip file contains 3 files and a pdf as a guide. read it before doing anything.

Hotfix for:

bridge issue with 3ds Max 2022 (issue caused by calling the wrong function for creating toolbar in 3ds Max – fixed by Mohammadreza Mohseni with adding one simple line of code in py)
and

Corona displacement issue (fixed by Quixel team - shared on Corona Renderer forum)

here is the link to files you may need:

https://mega.nz/file/54gBmQQK#VzjFRgZcaeRI5Q9BiOrnw3gukriqGXAk3RMbinum7S0

Instructions:
  • Make sure 3ds Max is closed then Download the 3ds Max plugin using Quixel Bridge
    Copy and replace both two file in “fix” Folder provided < MS_API.py and MSCoronaSetup.py > form below link to:
    < [ Quixel Bridge Library Address ]\support\plugins\max\5.0\MSLiveLink >
  • Open < Quixel.ms > with notepad and replace [Library Path] with the actual bridge library path.
    For example: python.ExecuteFile @"G:\Megascans\support\plugins\max\5.0\MSLiveLink\MS_API.py"
  • Copy < Quixel.ms > file to startup user script folder which is usually:
    < %localappdata%\Autodesk\3dsMax\2022 - 64bit\ENU\scripts\startup >
  • Start the 3ds Max and use bridge like always.

2021-05-11, 18:46:15
Reply #1

hldemi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thank you so much. I thought that there was no support from quixel to 3ds max 2022. You helped me so much. Do you know by any chance how to make it so that when I import material from bridge, its bump value is not 99 but 1 ?

2021-05-12, 13:51:18
Reply #2

Mohammadreza Mohseni

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
Thank you so much. I thought that there was no support from quixel to 3ds max 2022. You helped me so much. Do you know by any chance how to make it so that when I import material from bridge, its bump value is not 99 but 1?
you are welcome.

easy. they set it up this way. you may change this behaviour by just change one line of the setting file for corona vray or etc.
simply open "MSCoronaSetup.py" using a text editor. (I am using notepad++)
then find "MAT_NODE_NAME.mapamountBump" and change the value to whatever you may need. save the file and close it. open the 3ds max and bridge and use megascans.

in the file, I have mentioned there are some settings you may change to your desired values.

2022-02-28, 10:45:04
Reply #3

RolandB

• Active Users
  • Corona fan
    • View Profile
    • Béhance portfolio
Hi
Thanks a lot for your help with the Quixel plugin. Megascans does not give some solution to get a new plugin for Max 2022 and it's very boring.
Anyway I've tried to install the scripts you gave us, but i have a little problem; could you help me ?
Thanks
Roland
Portfolio on Béhance
http://www.behance.net/GCStudio

2022-02-28, 11:47:16
Reply #4

Mohammadreza Mohseni

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
I believe that Quixel has been updated the plugin to work with 3ds Max 2022 and now my solution is no longer needed.
download the Quixel plugin 5.3 not 5.0 and it will work great on 3ds Max 2022

2022-02-28, 12:05:29
Reply #5

RolandB

• Active Users
  • Corona fan
    • View Profile
    • Béhance portfolio
I have the 5.3 plugin but doesnt know how to install it in Max 2022 (Bridge tells me that the plugin is already installed (in Max 2021), and I have no solution to downlad it again)...
Portfolio on Béhance
http://www.behance.net/GCStudio