Author Topic: How to render just one spot of the image with big resolution  (Read 2618 times)

2022-07-10, 03:12:31

Marvey

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

I did a work where i had to render the images with the resolution 11669x8503, now the client want from that image just one spot of the image, lets say he did a zoom in one region of the image and he just want this spot to be render but
this spot need to be render with the same resolution (11669x8503 the spot need to have this size), i tried the region render but the region render dont render with the resoltution i want because the full image have the 11669x8503 and when i do the render region he just render this spot but the final size of the spot dont have the 11669x8503. Anyone can help me how i can just render one spot of the image with the same resolution of the original image without changing the camera position/angle?
sorry about my english, thanks!

2022-07-10, 03:53:59
Reply #1

burnin

• Active Users
    • View Profile
only render specific region, a'la

[/youtube]

2022-07-10, 11:08:20
Reply #2

Marvey

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi, thank you for your answer, but as i said in my post i did already all this region renders and dont work, because when i do a region render this spot dont have the size i need, i need the spot to have 11669x8503 in size, just the spot... as i said, the full image had 11669x8503 and the client did a zoom and want to render for print one litle spot (we dont need the original image anymore is going to the trash) we just need the spot  to be render and printed with the size of 11669x8503 but i cant move de camera or angle and zoom to the spot because this way will not have the same perpective/angle, with this videos you posted i still have the same problem, because the full image have 11669x8503 and if i do a region render on it, when i open this litle spot select he dont have the size 11669x8503 that is my main problem, i want to render this litle spot without changing the camera/angle position and be able to give a a final size of 11669x8503 just to the spot... imagine you are taking a photo from one spot and you zoom and zoom to one single spot and you take the photo in the end when you print this photo you will have the full size for this spot where you zoomed without moving your position or angle,  any way to do it? thanks!
« Last Edit: 2022-07-10, 11:22:50 by Marvey »

2022-07-10, 13:48:41
Reply #3

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
I'm not sure if i understand you correctly, but it looks what you need is blowup render area mode. You can find it in render setup, common tab, area to render drop-down list.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2022-07-10, 15:56:49
Reply #4

burnin

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hmm... in C4D, it needs to be done manually:

Precise way:

1 - set region (preferably keeping same ratio/ note: entering values manually is most accurate, but not quickest)
2 - given new values calculate factor (X) for scaling up
3 -  "Lock ratio"
4 - multiply either Output side by X
5 - render out, then crop in photo editor 

Quick way (by eye & out of head):
1 - set IRR by eye
2 - "Lock ratio"
3 - "Copy from IRR"
4 - multiply size ~out of head (better by a bit larger factor, since you can downsize later)
5 - render,  crop, downsize, ... to specified size

2022-07-10, 16:33:34
Reply #5

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Ups, didn't notice it's about C4D, sorry. There is another way that works in any app, or renderer. You can simply increase your camera's focal length and steer it to the spot that you need. As long as you don't move the camera from its original location, it will be the same as cropping and then blowing up render region.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2022-07-10, 18:18:51
Reply #6

burnin

• Active Users
    • View Profile

2022-07-11, 11:57:03
Reply #7

Marvey

• Active Users
    • View Profile
thank you so much both of you for the help!! worked!! :)

2022-07-28, 10:21:23
Reply #8

rojharris

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Just for future use perhaps: In Cinema you can use the 'Film move/zoom/magnify' tools (hit shift-C to find them) to move around the scene or zoom in on a part of it without affecting the perspective. This means you can get right up close to a small area and render it any size you like and it will still match your main view. Cool!

Best to copy your camera first then you can keyframe the 'offset X/Y' should you want to render more than one part. This is a good way to render super huge images. Just animate the camera offset once you've zoomed in so it makes 'tiles' of your image and then comp them in photoshop. I've rendered 30,000 pixel pics like this with no memory issues.. :-)

You can also use this tool to preview a specific area of your scene in the Corona interactive renderer without changing the perspective. Just copy your camera and use the tool to get right up close without worrying about your 'proper' camera. Nice.

2022-07-28, 10:33:44
Reply #9

HVB

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Just for future use perhaps: In Cinema you can use the 'Film move/zoom/magnify' tools (hit shift-C to find them) to move around the scene or zoom in on a part of it without affecting the perspective. This means you can get right up close to a small area and render it any size you like and it will still match your main view. Cool!

Best to copy your camera first then you can keyframe the 'offset X/Y' should you want to render more than one part. This is a good way to render super huge images. Just animate the camera offset once you've zoomed in so it makes 'tiles' of your image and then comp them in photoshop. I've rendered 30,000 pixel pics like this with no memory issues.. :-)

You can also use this tool to preview a specific area of your scene in the Corona interactive renderer without changing the perspective. Just copy your camera and use the tool to get right up close without worrying about your 'proper' camera. Nice.

Great tip! never knew this one myself. Thank you