Author Topic: Render Elements from Photorendering window  (Read 8421 times)

2019-11-05, 17:33:28

derekjackson

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,
   I read a tip here that suggested if we use the AC Photorendering Settings palette to initiate the render, then it keeps the 2 point perspective correct.

But it seems I then can't output the other render elements (masks, etc), as these only seem to work from the VFB window? Or am I missing something?
--------------------

www.lsiarchitects.co.uk
derekjackson.artstation.com

2019-11-05, 20:29:43
Reply #1

spr0ckets

• Active Users
    • View Profile
This is correct.

The VFB currently doesn't work with keeping ArchiCAD's 2 point perspective setting (the field of view gets screwed up).

So you have to use the ArchiCAD rendering window with Corona set as the renderer.
Unfortunately that means you can't output any of the Render Elements.

As I understand it, the intention is to fix the issue with the VFB window to accurately get the ArchiCAD view setting, so that we don't have to use or rely on the ArchiCAD dialog or render window anymore.

Hopefully in the next build.

(p.s. the other possibility, which could also be fixed might be allowing users to export CRX files from the ArchiCAD render window and using that file and the Corona image editor you will have all the render elements embedded in. However fixing the VFB window issue would take care of this since it currently can export CRX format files.)

2019-11-07, 13:01:20
Reply #2

derekjackson

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks spr0ckets. Hopefully the issue will be fixed soon - it's essential for my Photoshop-heavy workflow!

Incidentally, my early tests suggest that the frame content isn't exactly the same even if we use the AC Rendering dialogue. The FOV looks to be the same, but the frame edges are expanded slightly - essentially shrinking the building within the image.
--------------------

www.lsiarchitects.co.uk
derekjackson.artstation.com