Author Topic: White dots in night interior scene - help!  (Read 838 times)

2022-07-20, 12:01:37

szymon.bochenek

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Instagram:
Hi,
I`m making interior scenes in day and night version. In night version light sources are very small and I have huge problem with light dots on walls even after long rendering (Ryzen 5950x+3900x)...
Denoiser cant help much in this level of noise.
Do you have some good tips and tricks to manage it?
I will be thankful.

BR!
Szymon

2022-07-20, 13:53:34
Reply #1

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Just guessing here, but it looks like the noise is caused by light bounced off something highly reflective (like a mirror/metal) or passing through something refractive (clear glass/frosted glass). There could be many solutions to this, such as: moving the lights to a different position, disabling light-emission for the light sources and adding some invisible light sources instead, using rayswitch material to exclude some surfaces from GI contribution.

Another idea is LightMix - are you using it? If you create a room with dim lighting, set up LightMix, and then boost light intensities in LightMix, you can easily end up with strong noise / fireflies. If that's the case, you can try increasing the light intensities in the scene instead, or using the ">Scene" button in LightMix that bakes light intensities from the VFB into the scene lights (I would suggest saving a backup of the original scene in this case).

It would be best to check the scene itself + get some more details such as which version of Corona you are using, so you are welcome to submit a new support ticket: https://support.chaos.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2022-07-25, 12:57:45
Reply #2

szymon.bochenek

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Instagram:
@Maru, thanks for answer!

Yes I use LightMix all the time, so its is not this but I will try options that you suggested, espetially Rayswitch material which seems to be very promising.

Luckyly I didnt have that big noice problem with other rooms.

BR,
Szymon