Author Topic: A warning to all CG artists....  (Read 6187 times)

2014-09-14, 10:32:11

K u r a i

• Active Users
    • View Profile
ALL WORK AND NO PLAY MAKE BLUE A VERY DULL BOY.

Here are some documentaries that I found very inspiring for creative people.... like yourselves.
These documnetaries will inspire you to keep going when your fed up of the pump and grind of the commercial world.

Wonderland:
I really like what the guy: Eliot Rausch and what he says in the vid. He is down to earth and honest in his views. The sort of person you would like to have a beer with and discuss creativity in general.

Shine
An Entreprenuers Journey. Self employed people talking about their motivations and how they created there internet businesses from nothing to great success.

Press Pause Play
I like it when Moby says in the vid.... "nobody knows where there next pay cheaque is coming from but, they are enthusiastic about what they can do with their software".

Everything is a Remix
Discusses the origins of originallity and how it does not exist... everyone copies other peoples ideas and those that hold on to knowledge like they own it are sadly mistaken.

Lemonade
About people who were fired from their creative jobs in the commercial world and overcame their mis-fortune by finding a new creative career as self employed people.
I have lost my job many times.... not through mis-conduct.... but boredom. Life is so much more interesting when you are your own boss. Not for everyone though.

2014-09-15, 11:04:27
Reply #1

tomislavn

• Active Users
  • Lightbringer
    • View Profile
    • My 3docean Portolio
Why is this named as a warning? :) You make it sound like something dangerous. Suggestion or inspiration would probably work a bit better.
My 3d stock portfolio - http://3docean.net/user/tomislavn

2014-09-15, 12:07:11
Reply #2

K u r a i

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Why is this named as a warning? :) You make it sound like something dangerous. Suggestion or inspiration would probably work a bit better.

It was created to be the opposite of my last post: "A warning to all newbies" .... which received a hostile response. Reverse psychology.

2014-09-15, 12:26:20
Reply #3

tomislavn

• Active Users
  • Lightbringer
    • View Profile
    • My 3docean Portolio

It was created to be the opposite of my last post: "A warning to all newbies" .... which received a hostile response. Reverse psychology.

Hehe okay :) whatever works for you, I guess. Interesting videos anyway.

2014-09-15, 12:39:14
Reply #4

K u r a i

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Hehe okay :) whatever works for you, I guess. Interesting videos anyway.

Forgive me for asking.... have you been on the Indigo Renderer Forum. I remember your name from somewhere. I think I was Maeglin3 on the Indigo site.

2014-09-15, 12:44:11
Reply #5

tomislavn

• Active Users
  • Lightbringer
    • View Profile
    • My 3docean Portolio
Forgive me for asking.... have you been on the Indigo Renderer Forum. I remember your name from somewhere. I think I was Maeglin3 on the Indigo site.

Don't think so, never used Indigo myself or been to their forums. I am a V-Ray (hopefully not much longer, waiting for real dispersion in Corona) / Corona user :)

You could have seen me eventually on v-ray forums or on 3docean.net as I am active only there. Maybe on some other general cg forums also, but Indigo - nah.

2014-09-15, 12:53:36
Reply #6

K u r a i

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Vray for Sketchup or Vray for Max?

« Last Edit: 2014-09-15, 12:58:11 by K u r a i »

2014-09-15, 12:59:02
Reply #7

K u r a i

• Active Users
    • View Profile

I have come from Vray for SU. Then I moved to Max and tried Vray for Max. I was on the verge of giving up and going back to SU when someone recommended Corona.
I have not used it yet... I have dabbled with it. The colour mapping seems perfect from lookng at others work.

I am currently learning Max... slowly getting there and creating my first render for Corona. Boy Max is hard compared to SU.

2014-09-15, 13:06:27
Reply #8

K u r a i

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Don't think so, never used Indigo myself or been to their forums. I am a V-Ray (hopefully not much longer, waiting for real dispersion in Corona) / Corona user :)

You could have seen me eventually on v-ray forums or on 3docean.net as I am active only there. Maybe on some other general cg forums also, but Indigo - nah.

Forgive the multiple posts.... I always copy and paste the wrong things.
Have you come from Vray for Sketchup or Vray for Max.

2014-09-15, 13:09:12
Reply #9

tomislavn

• Active Users
  • Lightbringer
    • View Profile
    • My 3docean Portolio
V-Ray for Max. I have never used Sketchup for anything else but for what it was made for in the first place - sketching up the geometry :) - Not saying that it is not a capable piece of software, but I never really grew fond of it.

From the start I was a Max user, meaning I only fiddled with SU a few times - mostly for creating general layouts of the buildings/lofts. Lately we made a switch to C4D at work but privately I am still running my Autodesk subscription for Max.

Kinda hoping for Maxon subscription model, then I can switch completely to Cinema / Corona 8-)

2014-09-15, 13:20:26
Reply #10

K u r a i

• Active Users
    • View Profile
V-Ray for Max. I have never used Sketchup for anything else but for what it was made for in the first place - sketching up the geometry :) - Not saying that it is not a capable piece of software, but I never really grew fond of it.

From the start I was a Max user, meaning I only fiddled with SU a few times - mostly for creating general layouts of the buildings/lofts. Lately we made a switch to C4D at work but privately I am still running my Autodesk subscription for Max.

Kinda hoping for Maxon subscription model, then I can switch completely to Cinema / Corona 8-)

Ha ha ha....I know where I have seen you before....on this site :) I worry about myself sometimes.

Yes, it's funny how Max can slowly seduce you. Many times I have left max and gone back to Sketchup... only to return for more punishment.
I have spent the last two months torturing myself... but I am finally over the rough seas and sailing.... I think.

What I love about Max is how you can customize everything. I feel I am in a differnt world now. The models you can get for free at 3DSky are vastly superior to 3D warehouse.
And the Corona UI is nice and simple.

I tried Cinema 4D but did'nt gel with it.