Author Topic: Camera Clipping for SketchUp  (Read 18599 times)

2016-03-11, 01:21:38

dem

• Users
    • View Profile
The is one huge advantage in 3dsmax(as opposed to Sketchup). It is a camera clipping. And this is very, VERY, important feature for interior visualizations! There is no point to port Corona for sketchup without it, because many users will continued to use MAX for serious projects.

2016-03-11, 12:57:57
Reply #1

spadestick

• Active Users
    • View Profile
you can do that with the section tool native to sketchup.

2016-03-11, 21:11:00
Reply #2

dem

• Users
    • View Profile
you can do that with the section tool native to sketchup.
unfortunately its not work for rendering

2016-03-14, 13:41:02
Reply #3

spadestick

• Active Users
    • View Profile
hmm.. then it's probably a good feature request to look at (with section faces filled in of course).

2016-03-17, 17:13:02
Reply #4

Ocularcentric

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I have requested the same feature via email - but wanted to add to the thread here: it would be good to render the section with geometry cut away AND have the choice of casting shadows or not casting shadows from the cut-away geometry (and lights etc active/not active). I have never seen this choice in other SKP render engines. Would be very useful for architectural scenes/diagrams/sun studies.

2016-03-24, 01:26:09
Reply #5

jKLman

• Active Users
    • View Profile
For sure, a lot of features will be added and can be added. Its only a matter of time and priority.
But for sure sections and shadow casting will be another important one for arch viz.
"Jack of all trade, but messing up with 3D"
Blender 2.78 Corona Standalone 1.5 / 2016-10-24 Alpha
Win 10 64bit

2016-07-10, 05:51:28
Reply #6

William Yan

• Active Users
    • View Profile
For sure, a lot of features will be added and can be added. Its only a matter of time and priority.
But for sure sections and shadow casting will be another important one for arch viz.

can't agree more!!!!

2016-09-23, 10:31:52
Reply #7

Quickit

• Users
    • View Profile
I was aking the same thing on Thea forum so I guess it's a very demanded feature... ;-)

2017-04-04, 18:12:16
Reply #8

ivi72

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Sorry if this is the wrong place to post it, but..

The team should strongly consider adding support for the native section planes in sketchup, or something like a "clipping mesh" option, in my opinion.

Maybe its a pointless comment at this stage of developpement, but I thougt i was important to mention it & add it to wishlist again, because this is a feature all the Vray for SU users have been struggling with for years.

All my support to the team !

2017-04-06, 11:28:15
Reply #9

Ryuu

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Michal
    • View Profile
Yeah, clipping planes have been on the wishlist for quite some time now. From my point of view, there are some more important features that have to be implemented first like more material properties (refrection & refraction maps for example) and/or lights other than Sun.

But I totally understand how important clipping planes are for architecture, so I hope we'll be able to implement them as soon as possible.