Author Topic: How to find Physical Material  (Read 1217 times)

2021-01-11, 18:15:29

LorenzoS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi all,
as from title there is a way to find all Corona Physical Material used on the scene?
After that can i convert they in CoronaLegacyMtl?

This because i am using the latest daily build 7, but now i want to use a render farm service that support only 6 release of corona (i hope in retrocompatibility from corona 7 to 6 release).

Tank you

2021-01-11, 18:18:38
Reply #1

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
There isn't a converter at the moment, sorry (obviously, that has to wait until the Physical Material is finalized in case there are changes to parameters and value ranges etc.). It's not recommended to use a daily build if you are planning to send the scene to a render farm, not just for the Physical Material changes but pretty much at any time, as there can be various changes in the newer versions that may not work in older versions - so if you have a production scene that will go to a farm, always use only the current final version.

PS - we make sure that Corona OldVersion works in Corona NewVersion (as much as possible), but never guarantee the other way round - new versions may change things in a way that old versions simply cannot handle.
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2021-01-11, 18:47:09
Reply #2

LorenzoS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thank you TomG,
since i have used few physical mtl, do you think i can install corona version 6 and manually correct the physical materials on scene?
My scene have not complex materials, i hope the final result using Old corona version (6) will be very similar to the new corona version (7).

2021-01-11, 19:05:31
Reply #3

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Manual replacement should work. You could maybe use the host software search tools to find particular material types. Also you may want to replace the materials before loading into Corona 6. That said, do bear in mind that even the old material has a different name now in 7, so Corona 6 may not recognize it at all and you may have to retexture from the beginning.
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us