Author Topic: Viewport Display of Mask from Layered Material  (Read 1715 times)

2016-05-10, 10:01:47

Mr.Schorsch

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • fokuspunkt
Hi Corona users end Devs

I hope you have a solution for my Problem. I am doing a corona layered material and i want the mask map to be displayed in my viewport.
I know, there are some work arrounds to get it done. But it would be much cooler to just have the Option to set the mask to be "interactive" like in the blend material. BTW. the same Thing would be awesome for light materials. In the viewport light mats are allways pure ehite. Displaying a map is not working... or am i doing something wrong.

If there is an easy trick to get it done i would be happy to know how to do it. If not i would realy hope that the corona Crew is maki9ng this Little Thing possibel in future builds. It's not super important but it is one of These small Things... you know....

Thanks!

2016-05-11, 20:07:48
Reply #1

moadr

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Vermeer by Stableworks
For the lightmaterial to work and show your map, the only thing you should do is to set the light color to pure black and than it should be fine.

For the layered material, what you mention is a bit annoying. What I usually do, is that I just make instances of the masks into some random slots of my base material (turn off these slots of course), and make it visible there.
Adrian Moorsel

Vermeer by Stableworks   |   https://stableworks.tech

2016-05-12, 09:32:02
Reply #2

Mr.Schorsch

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • fokuspunkt
moadr, Thank you for the tip with the light mat. That's a good trick i did not know Jet. For the layered Mat, i use exactly the same way you do for making the maps visible in viewport. It is the common workarround. But it would be much cooler to have it just as a Checkbox or something. I hope that the corona gods make this tiny Thing work.