Author Topic: Lightmix to affect Beauty, Direct, Indirect .etc...  (Read 2590 times)

2016-12-10, 21:15:47

ihabkal

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Lightmix is a revolution, but if I had a scene and I used it to make a day shot and a a night shot, or to boost an HDRI sky lighting by making the environment light 100+ times stronger, the different element layers of indirect, direct, shadows, etc... come out black and unusable.
can you please make it so that the lightmix will affect the different elements as well? Thanks

2016-12-15, 15:17:39
Reply #1

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
This request is probably impossible to realize. This is simply not what LightMix is intended for. Sometimes you may get away with turning day into night (but probably not the other way round), or with greatly increasing light intensity, but generally it is intended for only subtle changes in colour or intensity of lights. It is also "just" a post processing effect, so it cannot affect the render elements which are already rendered.

One thing which may be useful here is that soon we will have to option to transfer LightMix settings to the scene itself. So after adding the extreme changes you will be able to re-render your image with them.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2016-12-15, 21:39:25
Reply #2

ihabkal

• Active Users
    • View Profile
yes a script that makes the light as strong or weak as the lightmix settings are would be very useful, I could use it on every render.
It is sad that this technology cannot be used on finished rendered frames in after effects on the fly. I did an animation using lightmix recently and was able to use three extra scenes out of 12 simply by using the lightmix layer, i.e. I had a night shot in the lightmix and a day shot in the beauty and only rendered that scene once, I reversed the speed and no body could tell it was the same EXR rendered scene!  :)