Author Topic: REBUS RenderFarm  (Read 170741 times)

2017-10-03, 10:07:38
Reply #210

MartinBrinks

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • martinbrinks.com
It seems like Rebus fixed the issue. The banner they had running on their website recently warning about not to render distributed is gone, and I've just run a test render, and it turned out good. Will do some more just to be sure.

2017-10-03, 11:00:24
Reply #211

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Great news! I hope everything is fine now, and sorry for all the inconvenience and stress you've been through.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2017-10-03, 14:06:00
Reply #212

MartinBrinks

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • martinbrinks.com
No problem at all, just happy it now works. Feel stupid I didn't bring this up myself a long time ago - would have saved Maru et al. from the troubles

2017-10-05, 09:55:11
Reply #213

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Just a confirmation - Rebus fixed the AA issue and also a maxscript error which would show as "unknown property: renderer".

2017-10-19, 13:59:16
Reply #214

MartinBrinks

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • martinbrinks.com
I'm running into this issue again using distributed render on Rebus. Just written to their support, but it looks like the old problem, right?

2017-10-19, 14:25:48
Reply #215

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
It looks like it, and it shouldn't be happening. Which version of Corona and Rebus software are you using?

2017-10-19, 14:29:03
Reply #216

MartinBrinks

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • martinbrinks.com
I'm using 1.6 Hotfix 3 - and the newest plugins from Rebus.

I'm pushing the same job through on single nodes, and it comes back smooth as a reindeer's muzzle.

2017-10-19, 15:58:22
Reply #217

MartinBrinks

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • martinbrinks.com
Rebus is working on it at the moment. Good and fast response.

2017-10-19, 17:20:52
Reply #218

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Yup, their support is amazing.

2017-12-12, 20:53:06
Reply #219

rmbrymer

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello guys,

I just downloaded and decided to try out RebusFarm. After my first test render, I have one issue. I want to be able to use Corona Image Editor after the render is completed to adjust the tone mapping and bloom and glare... so I made sure to set the output filetype as CXR. I was under the impression this file type stored all of the render elements in one single file. However, my test render seems to have come back with all of the render elements separated into individual files; camera001.cxr, camera001_ovenlight.cxr, camera001_interactivelightmix.cxr, etc. Is this normal? Have I forgotten to change a setting? 

I am using Corona Version 1.7, 3ds Max 2015 and the latest RebusDrop.

Thanks,
Robby

2017-12-13, 11:51:41
Reply #220

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
This is how 3ds Max works. It will save one .cxr set in the main output path in common settings (with all render elements included in it!) PLUS each single render element saved as a .cxr.
One way to overcome this is using the "save cxr" button in the vfb, or in the render setup > scene rollout. This will save only your main .cxr file, without the extra render element files.
Right now we are looking at some ways how this could be solved when rendering with Corona in Max, and when using external render farms and plugins.

2017-12-13, 13:14:26
Reply #221

rmbrymer

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Maru, I don't mind the separated CXR files as I can easily delete those. The problem I have is I'm almost positive the "main" CXR file doesn't contain the render elements...only the alpha information. I'll double check when I get home and also do some more tests.

2017-12-13, 23:22:40
Reply #222

rmbrymer

• Active Users
    • View Profile
So I did some tests...used the exact same settings, same file output using the "Save File" in the Render Setup dialog box. Only difference is the one on the left is rendered with my pc and the one on the right was rendered with RebusFarm. As you can see, when rendered from my pc, I am given only one output file and it is fairly sizeable at 45mb. When opened with Corona Image Editor, it contains all of the render elements exactly as it should.

The one on the right was what came back from RebusFarm. All of the elements separated out and the "main" file is only 1-2mb and doesn't contain any of the elements.

I have tested each scenario (my PC and RebusFarm) twice and had the same results each time.

I really want to use RebusFarm but If I can't open the images and adjust the lightmix/tonemapping/bloom & glare afterwards it is a deal breaker for me unfortunately. Any thoughts?

2017-12-13, 23:35:06
Reply #223

Maros

• Active Users
    • View Profile
When you open cxr file, up in menu there is Merge where you can load other elements ? Did you tried ?

2017-12-13, 23:48:30
Reply #224

rmbrymer

• Active Users
    • View Profile
When you open cxr file, up in menu there is Merge where you can load other elements ? Did you tried ?

Based on the tool tip that pops up when you hover over that merge button, I don't think it is for merging the render elements. But i tried it anyways just to be sure, and no, it doesn't add in the elements. It seems to only combine them with the beauty pass.