Author Topic: Visibility Affecting All Material Attributes  (Read 2444 times)

2021-02-17, 10:24:42

Byteman3D

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Although it is possible to fade in and out objects in editing software, I often find 3d Studio Max's visibility option more efficient to hide and unhide objects as it is done in single step. The former option requires more planning and separate rendering passes and changes in seperate steps is often prone to making mistakes.

Coming to the point, visibility also works for Corona Renderer but not for the features accessed via the Volumetric and SSS rollout. If my material has volmetric scattering radius set to a value other than zero. 0 visibility doesn't mean invisible.

I'm pretty sure there might be many other material attributes that are not affected by visibility, because it like that for some Max material attributes.
For many projects I reduce the scatter radius with visibility at the same frames to achieve fade out effect, but as you can imagine, the more parameters involved in a single effect, the harder it is to control.

Currently I am re-rendering some portions of an animation, due to unintentionally setting the visibility keys with a linear tangent while at the same time setting the translucency key with an eased tangent.
I have to be cautious whenever I need a change with that.

2021-03-30, 13:39:58
Reply #1

Aram Avetisyan

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
We confirm the issue. Visibility from object properties does not affect the volumetrics/SSS part of the material.
This has been reported as a bug.

(Internal ID=323891067)
« Last Edit: 2021-03-30, 13:51:25 by Aram Avetisyan »
Aram Avetisyan | chaos-corona.com
Chaos Corona Support Representative | contact us

2023-01-25, 12:59:10
Reply #2

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Corona for 3ds Max QA Team
    • View Profile