Author Topic: Corona Renderer 5 for 3ds Max - Daily Builds Discussion  (Read 62490 times)

2019-10-17, 08:50:32
Reply #195

bluebox

• Active Users
    • View Profile
We managed to solve the problem.
Turned out that you need to have your Windows 7 updated.

Thing is that this crappy MS installer won't install a certain update if you havent installed the one preceding it. It will just tell you that your computer is not eligible for the certain update you are trying to install. This might lead to an assumption that the machine is up to date.

If you strugle with the problem and you don't have any old obsolete files lingering on your drive install the following in the following order nad you'll be fine:
-Service Pack 1
-KB3020369
-KB947821
-KB3125574

Good job on the release guys. RAM savings are noticeable, overall feeling is more responsive and although not properly benchmarked we are under an impression that the scenes render faster.

2019-10-20, 14:39:23
Reply #196

shampoo

• Active Users
    • View Profile
CORONA CRASHES WHILE INTERACTIVE IS RUNNING
IN SOME CASES INTERCTIVE DOES NOT REACT WHEN DISPLACE BY MATERIAL IS CHANGING.

2019-10-20, 15:56:07
Reply #197

pokoy

• Active Users
    • View Profile

If Corona crashes you should include the minidump in your post and maybe give some info on when it crashes, that's the second best thing you can do when reporting problems, besides the all caps text of course.

Edit - realized this sounds a bit aggressive, not meant to, but really try to be more descriptive so the devs have something to work with...
« Last Edit: 2019-10-20, 22:25:12 by pokoy »

2019-10-20, 16:05:11
Reply #198

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
that's the second best thing you can do when reporting problems, besides the all caps text of course.

Nah, second best thing would be to add row of exclamation marks after each sentence!!!! But minidumps are welcomed too :]
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2019-10-21, 10:16:48
Reply #199

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Corona for 3ds Max QA Team
    • View Profile

Hi,

Please can you send through your scene in which you are experiencing these crashes. Can you also describe some reproduction steps so that we can reproduce this issue here?

Please see my signiture for mre details.

Rowan
Please read this before reporting bugs: How to report issues to us!
Send me your scene!

2019-10-23, 21:47:56
Reply #200

annkos

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi guys in the latest version (rc2) I ve noticed in the changelog that the lightmix will reset when recreating from the setup dialog..to be honest i prefer as it was before and was useful for me.. any chance to consider having a tick box if we want to reset or not?

2019-10-24, 00:04:46
Reply #201

danio1011

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi guys in the latest version (rc2) I ve noticed in the changelog that the lightmix will reset when recreating from the setup dialog..to be honest i prefer as it was before and was useful for me.. any chance to consider having a tick box if we want to reset or not?

+1 for this.  Lots of times I'll create more instanced lights in the scene and just use the 'Setup' button to add them back into the appropriate Render Element.  This new approach would require more work for sure.

2019-10-24, 02:19:14
Reply #202

VASLAVO

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi, just uploaded a minidump for latest version 5rc2, it crashes ramdom with proxys but not so sure, has happened 5 times today

2019-10-24, 11:22:45
Reply #203

LorenzoS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
any chance to consider having a tick box if we want to reset or not?

+1

2019-10-24, 11:29:15
Reply #204

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Corona for 3ds Max QA Team
    • View Profile
Hi, just uploaded a minidump for latest version 5rc2, it crashes ramdom with proxys but not so sure, has happened 5 times today

Hi,

Where did you upload the minidump to? Secondly, would you be able to also send over your scene and some reproduction steps?

Thanks,

Rowan
Please read this before reporting bugs: How to report issues to us!
Send me your scene!

2019-10-24, 17:03:09
Reply #205

VASLAVO

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Ive uploaded to freshdesk ticet 178977, i cant seem to find the especific error, i know its related to proxys because at some point changing the maps, ajustint materials or selecting/moving the computer crashes, did the same process on different machines with crashes all the time but not always the same thing (some times after adjusting the materials with interactive and sometimes after finishing and then selecting ) also notice that on some proxys the keep in memory option was on with point cloud, this proxys were made with v5rc2, ive uncheck this thinking that maybe this was the issue but no, it crashes, ive revert to previous last night, not sure if my scene works for you as a reference but i will manage to select the proxys with textures today.

2019-10-25, 04:14:30
Reply #206

jacobhutson

• Active Users
    • View Profile
RC2 change from RC1 - DR render jobs submitted to backburner no longer scan for slaves
if they are in the list they render, but it wont find new ones.

This is different from RC1 behaviour

2019-10-25, 12:19:53
Reply #207

tallbox

• Active Users
  • George Nicola
    • View Profile
    • Architectural Visualizations | TALLBOX
Morning.
The RC2 is having issues with the DR. All slaves are freezing in the middle of the render.
Architectural Visualizations / Deep work practitioner
https://www.tallboxdesign.com

2019-10-25, 13:05:44
Reply #208

aaouviz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Another Angle 3D
We managed to solve the problem.
Turned out that you need to have your Windows 7 updated.

Thing is that this crappy MS installer won't install a certain update if you havent installed the one preceding it. It will just tell you that your computer is not eligible for the certain update you are trying to install. This might lead to an assumption that the machine is up to date.

If you strugle with the problem and you don't have any old obsolete files lingering on your drive install the following in the following order nad you'll be fine:
-Service Pack 1
-KB3020369
-KB947821
-KB3125574

Good job on the release guys. RAM savings are noticeable, overall feeling is more responsive and although not properly benchmarked we are under an impression that the scenes render faster.

Absolute lifesavers! Had the same problem and this worked a treat, thanks guys!
Nicolas Pratt
Another Angle 3D
https://www.instagram.com/anotherangle3d/

2019-10-26, 18:51:34
Reply #209

Paulos

• Active Users
  • Work Hard. Fun Harder
    • View Profile
===== Error(3) =====
Bad allocation Exception!
Corona Renderer ran out of RAM an was unable to allocate memory it needs for rendering. This can be caused by rendering too big scene with not enough RAM, or an internal bug in Corona Renderer. Contact our support for more info.

Debugging details:
Wanted to allocate: 71.5 MB

9.4 GB of virtualized* RAM used by application
16.6 GB of virtualized* RAM used by all running applications
15.9 GB of physical RAM installed on system
16.6 GB of virtualized* RAM provided by OS

* virtualized RAM means physical RAM + swap file on HDD/SSD

This is the first error message I received in the middle of rendering and the render operation stopped automatically. The scene I was working on was low poly and I think this is a bug for Corona 5.
Thanks