Author Topic: dubcats secret little hideout  (Read 264199 times)

2019-07-04, 18:31:44
Reply #405

dj_buckley

• Active Users
    • View Profile
+1 on the learning of how to extract and make usable LUTS from specific camera profiles, I have a D810 and I'd love to being to extract the response curves of the various picture modes (Standard, Neutral, Flat, Landscape etc) and use them as LUTS or Curves in VFB.  It would make camera matching lighting and colours an absolute dream

2019-07-24, 14:36:23
Reply #406

mantaskava

• Active Users
    • View Profile

and this is how you can emulate fStorms "Angle Affect" option in Corona

Can anyone explain this shader tree?
There seems to be no detail in this thread about what the corona colour node marked 1.8 is.
Ive tried to recreate this and that colour seems to do absolutely nothing.
To quote myself two posts ago:
I am fairly certain the CoronaColor is set to Solid HDR Color with 1.8 in R, G, and B, making the CoronaMix multiply your original glossiness values by 1.8x. This would make values above 141 go beyond 255, so the output has clamp enabled to bring those values down to 255.

The shader amplifies the glossiness at gracing angles, and yes it's subtle (most of the time).

So just to make this clear- this feature (angle effect) that was requested 2+ years ago still isn't implemented in Corona? Because I heard someone saying it was already implemented since corona version 1.7 (or smth) "under the hood". No?
Test of mine:

To me it looks like reflection gets sharper towards the light source, just like in fstorm, but maybe I'm wrong.
« Last Edit: 2019-07-26, 12:50:48 by mantaskava »

2019-08-05, 05:39:39
Reply #407

Basshunter

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I've made a new Discord server that will be invite only, but everyone can join.
Send me a PM, and I will send you an invite.

Is it still working? apparently you blocked PMs

2019-09-28, 03:41:17
Reply #408

dubcat

• Active Users
  • ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ meow
    • View Profile
+1 on the learning of how to extract and make usable LUTS from specific camera profiles, I have a D810 and I'd love to being to extract the response curves of the various picture modes (Standard, Neutral, Flat, Landscape etc) and use them as LUTS or Curves in VFB.  It would make camera matching lighting and colours an absolute dream

Noted!

To me it looks like reflection gets sharper towards the light source, just like in fstorm, but maybe I'm wrong.

The devs told me that this effect should be included in the GGX shader.

Is it still working? apparently you blocked PMs

I didn't have much time to be active on Discord, so this project was a big fail on my side. Sorry about that. I really feel bad about the whole Discord situation, sorry again for everyone that joined. I really appreciate you.

---------

Sylvanas Windrunners facial animation and those teeth in the last Blizzard Cinematic is just unreal! GG!
I usually dread CGI trees and CGI teeth, but damn, Blizzard got it right this time.

« Last Edit: 2019-09-28, 05:03:35 by dubcat »
             ___
    _] [__|OO|
   (____|___|     https://www.twitch.tv/dubca7 / https://soundcloud.com/dubca7 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) choo choo

2019-09-30, 17:08:10
Reply #409

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Sylvanas Windrunners facial animation and those teeth in the last Blizzard Cinematic is just unreal! GG!
I usually dread CGI trees and CGI teeth, but damn, Blizzard got it right this time.

Dunno but I think something's not right with the girl's brows.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2019-09-30, 20:08:57
Reply #410

agentdark45

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hey Dubcat! Good to see you posting again. Just wondering if you have any inside knowledge from the dev team regarding the new/updated tonemapping features for Corona? Or if you've made any more progress with your LUT/VFB settings in nailing the "DSLR" look?

I've been working more with FStorm recently and while not strictly related to tonemapping another nifty thing I've noticed is the way noise clears up - images are a lot more "analogue" in the way noise is distributed/cleared, which also feeds into some of the magic that can be achieved with the engine. It's quite hard to describe properly, but you can definitely get away with more pleasing noisier images without the clear giveaway of the "obvious" CGI style noise - it's quite a lot closer to film.
Vray who?

2019-10-03, 15:49:37
Reply #411

mantaskava

• Active Users
    • View Profile

And as far as I know, Corona IS actually using GGX shader? Which means there's no need for falloff nodes in Roughness slot or any other kind of "tricks" . Right?
Thank you for your time!

2019-10-03, 18:22:53
Reply #412

Nejc Kilar

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My personal website

And as far as I know, Corona IS actually using GGX shader? Which means there's no need for falloff nodes in Roughness slot or any other kind of "tricks" . Right?
Thank you for your time!

Yes, Corona uses GGX and it should have that behavior included. Why the F-Storm implementation is great is because it gives you a quick option to control the falloff using one single parameter box. No need for falloff nodes and things like that. Just that one parameter and you can adjust it freely :) Of course, for uber control you'd still want to use the falloff nodes but it really does come in handy.
Nejc Kilar | chaos-corona.com
Educational Content Creator | contact us

2019-10-04, 03:39:42
Reply #413

dubcat

• Active Users
  • ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ meow
    • View Profile
Dunno but I think something's not right with the girl's brows.

hehe

images are a lot more "analogue" in the way noise is distributed/cleared, it's quite a lot closer to film.

I know exactly what you mean!
I was talking with the devs a year ago or maybe two, and this feature was included in the early Corona builds, but they had to remove it for some technical reason.
You can manually adjust the "Image Filter (Width [px]) in Systems or find VFB blur setting that mimic this 1 perfect pixel 50% side blur effect. VFB blur has to be adjusted if you change render size.

fstorm sample

corona sample

And as far as I know, Corona IS actually using GGX shader?
Yes as nkilar responded.
             ___
    _] [__|OO|
   (____|___|     https://www.twitch.tv/dubca7 / https://soundcloud.com/dubca7 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) choo choo

2019-12-18, 03:23:56
Reply #414

amrelshipli

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi dubcat ! am impressed by ur posts here .. can i ask u q ? can i produce photos from corona renderer like fstorm renderer without postproduction ?
Any secrets in materials ! lightining ! Luts !
Another thing ! i downloaded portable version of 3d lut creator ? i can export any luts when i export i didn't work ? is there a solution

2019-12-28, 09:09:58
Reply #415

amrelshipli

• Active Users
    • View Profile
can i use Corona ACES Emulation with ur luts ? photographic luts ?  like Kim Amland - Photographic 01 ? plz tell us

2020-01-11, 11:15:37
Reply #416

padawan

• Users
    • View Profile
Hey Dubcat, Is it possible for you to create a Arri Alexa Lut ?

2022-09-19, 22:33:20
Reply #417

thecreativecontrol

• Users
    • View Profile
Hi dubcat!
I am using your Photographic LUTs since a long time and found that not enough people know about it. I made a tutorial about my workflow with vray, including using your LUTs and thought it would be nice to redistribute them in a way so that they are easily available and not just the forums here.
Check out my tutorial here:
And the download here:
https://3dimperfections.gumroad.com/l/Free-Photograpic-LUTs
I wanted to ask you if you are alright with this. If not I can take them out of the download and will try to replicate them so that I can offer something similar.
Thanks for your support and inspiration that I got from your posts on this forum!

Cheers,
Manuel

2022-09-20, 00:08:55
Reply #418

burnin

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Looks like you haven't done your homework properly, so I suggest you take your nonsense down before you make more damage...

First, get author's approval/consent to redistribute assets. Secondly, take at least a basic study in colour science, because linear color space doesn't exist!!! And finally, reference sources, among which is this thread.

Hope you can see your mistakes, correct them and realize future self in better way.

2022-09-21, 16:24:21
Reply #419

piotrus3333

• Active Users
    • View Profile
heh. "Bonus: Magic LOG LUT"..
mate, just ask beforehand next time. and always link to the source.
Marcin Piotrowski
youtube