Author Topic: skin material problem  (Read 2253 times)

2021-01-22, 11:08:41

crazybum2

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi there,
I try to use skin material on a full body mesh from DAZ3D OBJ export.
To make the shader, I used this tutorial :

My problem is the shader or/and the texture doesn't match and "borders" are visible as in screen shot linked.

Do you have any idea about that ?

Thanks a lot to those who can help me !
Best regards !

2021-01-22, 13:28:55
Reply #1

crazybum2

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Well, I just found another topic here about the same problems : https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=22359.0

Somebody seems to find a way to resolve the problem by changing UV Tiling mode to UDIM and interpolation to Bilinear Faster in the Picture Shader Tab. But a new problem has come : I cannot find UV Tiling option in the Shader Tab ???

Has somebody know where is it ?

Thank you !

2021-02-07, 18:34:18
Reply #2

arte

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello,

UV Tiling appears in the Corona Bitmap shader. By default, the Cinema 4D Shader Bitmap is activated for the bitmap. There is no this option in it. Therefore, you need to add the Corona Bitmap shader in the node editor, set it to UDIM and attach the first bitmap for the character there.

2021-02-22, 18:50:12
Reply #3

crazybum2

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello Arte,
Thank you for your answer, I will tried to test what you suggest as soon as possible.
Cheers !

2021-03-05, 12:21:57
Reply #4

crazybum2

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello,

UV Tiling appears in the Corona Bitmap shader. By default, the Cinema 4D Shader Bitmap is activated for the bitmap. There is no this option in it. Therefore, you need to add the Corona Bitmap shader in the node editor, set it to UDIM and attach the first bitmap for the character there.

So, I finally had the time to try that solution but it doesn't work at all. And that's generate new problems : node editor become more and more slower as I add Corona Bitmap (sometimes more than 1 minute just for loading picture or move content in the node editor), wrong pictures appears in miniature, model become all black in viewport ... And same seamless problem still appears in rendering... It took more than two hours to just change 2 materials... It makes me crazy (but I still love corona !)